Tank Trouble (dlc Tees Valley Line) Cannot Be Completed Due To....

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Gabe_1.0, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

After working hard on this scenario, the final step cannot be achieved because the signal in the tees engineering yard remains red as you are about to pull from the yard with the train re-coupled again.

Attached Files:

2. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

I've done this one a couple of times without a problem. Others have had the same red light issue as you. I can't remember what the cause was but at least you know it does work. Not much help I'm afraid.

3. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

I think that you have two options here, although the first might not work:

1. Do the first part of the scenario as quickly as possible... so that you get out of the yard ahead of any other trains - I have not tested this, and so it might not work.
    2. Wait at the red - it will clear, I think, in a few minutes. Go and make a coffee, or maybe use the in-can hob heater to heat up some chicken soup. After the red clears you will be following behind a stopping 101 for a long time, before it peels off a few miles before of Darlington - it's quite a nice traffic simulation.

In short - this scenario is not bugged.

4. Trim

Trim Active Member

I think you must be thinking of a different scenario. I've just run this one myself (and completed it fine). The signal in question is to control the last movement, from the Englineering Yard back into the main Tees Yard. There are no other trains anywhere around, and the movement does not take you onto the main line.

I suspect it may depend on how you run round the train. For once, you aren't given stopping points (hooray!), but that means you might go sufficiently past the signal when you run round for it to go to danger, and then it won't clear again. I'll replay the scenario and save it while doing the run round and see what happens.

Oh, and Eaglescliffe church clock is a minute slow. At least, the chimes are. Just letting you know.

Update: Well, I can't get it to fail. You aren't allowed to pass the signal while running round (the signalman won't give you a route and the game will boot you out if you pass it anyway). The signal clears a second or two after you couple on to the train, and I don't see how you could get that wrong or do it differently. For what it's worth, my times have been 09:42 and 09:45 for running round the train; coupling back on is a couple of minutes later.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  5. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Aaah - thank you - and apologies to Gabe.

Really sorry about this - I thought the scenario was the one where you drop off one load of wagons at Tees, pick up another load and head back to Darlington - but I didn't actually check this first.... ;-O

I must be getting old.... or something.... ;-)