Br 1822 - I60 Turns Off

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tomas9970, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

Basically the I60 safety systems turns itself off whenever I try to go faster than 1 km/h. Is there something special that I need to do before getting the train moving?

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I presume you are referring to the RSSLO OBB 1822?
    And the PZB system?
    Have you moved the AFB lever away from 0 otherwise it is not engaged.
    Have you switched the PZB on with Ctrl + NumpadEnter?

Peter

3. Tomas9970

Yes, I'm referring to the RSSLO OBB 1822.
    I have turned on the AFB since there is no other way to drive. When I turn on the PZB, the "PZB on" message comes up, light turns on and then as soon as I reach 1 km/h, the "PZB off" message comes up and the light turns off.

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I just tried a short run with the OBB 1293
    The loco will move with the AFB switched off
    I switched the PZB on and again the loco moves ok - Picture shows AFB Off and PZB on and lok moving
    Screenshot_1 - Test TraK_51.11622-6.22533_12-01-02.jpg

I would reinstall the loco and if that does not work contact RSSLO

Peter

5. Tomas9970

OBB 1822 is very different from the OBB 1293. It's AFB can't be turned off which means that if you set it to 0, the loco will try to maintain a speed of 0 km/h. That's how it's supposed to be and it's unrelated to the PZB.
    I'll try to reinstall the loco and then report back with the result.

6. Tomas9970

Reinstalling the loco didn't solve the problem.

7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Sorry - My Bad
    I had been using the 1293 and had that in my head

I would contact RSSLO for a solution

Peter

8. Tomas9970

I already did that and they acknowledged the bug.

• Like Like x 1
  9. JaneyBananey

JaneyBananey Member

I do feel rather sorry about necrobumping such an ancient thread, but I wanted to bring something to everyone's attention real quick. So, I'll surmise here in brief, albeit I should add that I made a pair of videos to accompany my point as well. The I 60 system in the 1822 has been broken since release, Like Tomas9970 said, RSSLO has acknowledged this as a bug in private correspondence with me. Well, they have once, rather. The second time they never replied, and have been ignoring me since.

I went to the Steam sale for this halloween and found something rather unsettling. This same locomotive, which has had the same PZB issue since release as I said, can now be bought separately for 10.49 on sale, or the full price of 13.99. This is absolutely ridiculous, especially as, when comparing the manuals, it becomes utterly clear that this is the same vehicle, literally identical to the one sold in the Bruck an der Mur route.

Furthermore, this locomotive can also be bought off the RSSLO official store for 14.99. This is beyond absurd, because they are either knowingly selling a defective product, or they are demanding that people pay in the ballpark of 10 to 15 euros for what is effectively a patch, with the caveat that you have to manually replace the old locomotive with the one you just purchased.

Given the already very limited number of trains which are capable of running on the Slovenian voltage system, this begets belief, honestly. To call it unethical is almost generous. Here are my two videos as proof of what I mean. The first is in German, the second is in English, but their contents are identical.

The German video is here:

And the English video is here:

I am sincerely hoping that I am doing something catastrophically wrong. I truly am. And I am equally hoping that someone from RSSLO responds to this because I would really like some clarity.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I very much doubt that anyone from RSSLO would read this forum much less than reply to it.
    As you knew it was the same loco that had faults why did you buy it?

The Clarity is it is broken, people know it is broken and they purchase it if they want it.
    I knew the PZB did not work when I bought it - but I wanted the loco more than the PZB working.

The bit about "limited number of trains to run on the Slovenian system"
    You have variations of the DB 189, SZ 363 & 541 and the OBB 1216 - also private Taurus and Vectron (BR 193) locos
    There is only one other class of Slovenian Electric and that is the 342

11. JaneyBananey

JaneyBananey Member

I wanted to bring this to the attention of the community, primarily. Mostly because RSSLO has been informed of this repeatedly and failed to do anything about it repeatedly. I said that in hopes that maybe someone from RSSLO would perhaps consider it pertinent to say something about this.

First of all, I did not know this locomotive had "faults" (funny way of saying "has key features missing") when I bought it. I had no idea. I bought it the day it came out.

If a product contains features and these features are not shipped by the developer, then the developer is guilty of unethical and false advertising. The ÖBB/BR 1822 is stated, in the manual, as I show in the video, to come with a functioning PZB/I-90 Indusi system. This mentality of settling for what the developer gives you is absurd. And you may have bought the product knowing that the PZB does not work (which is a very odd decision but perhaps you do not drive with PZB), but I would not have bought the route or the locomotive had I known this. I drive with the PZB and SIFA on in all trains, and I find using these safety systems to be one of the more satisfying parts of driving a modern locomotive. Therefore, for me - and for many others who buy this expecting a working PZB system as stated by the developers in their own manual - this locomotive is fundamentally defective.

But that would not even be that big of an issue (lots of things in RailWorks don't work quite right) if they did not sell that same locomotive for full price with a fixed PZB. What did I buy, a trial version? If so, where was this indicated? Why does the manual provided with this product stipulate it to have a key component it does not have?

Really? Well, by all means, let me then pay more money to buy a solution to a problem I should not even be having. The locos you listed are also rather expensive. Some of them I did not even know ran on Slovenian voltage systems because - surprise, surprise - this is not a very well known part of the world. And even that aside, that is a tiny crop of locomotives.

Furthermore, all the vehicles you listed would need scenarios built around them on this route by the user. When I buy a route on Steam, I expect - as the advertising promises - a locomotive with scenarios provided. I absolutely could swap in the 1216 or the RWA RailJet advanced, but only because I spent a lot of money on those trains beforehand, and because I know how to use TS-Tools. But that is beside the point because I, as a paying customer, should not have to do that.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
  12. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Yes a small selection of SZ Electric locos - but that is real life with only 3 Different types
    IMG_9937.JPG
    IMG_0118.JPG
    IMG_9947.JPG

That applies to any add-ons you purchase - nothing to swap you exchanging a loco you don't like for one that you do
    The Südbahn: Bruck an der Mur - Maribor Route does come with a locomotive as advertised.
    You don't have to do that - the route will run with the advertised locomotive.

The problem here is you have a RSSLO product - not DTG and you purchased it thru STEAM - not DTG but you are having a rant on a DTG Forum because you are not happy - even though you are aware that you could have tried the product when you purchased it and got a refund from Steam.

This is like the chap with a FORD Car moaning on a Toyota Forum about his car.

If you are not happy contact RSSLO or Steam and ask for a refund.

13. JaneyBananey

JaneyBananey Member

You cannot possibly be serious. Did you read any part of my original post? Yes, the "route comes with a locomotive", a broken one, which is then sold back to the consumer for full price and separately with the missing feature added back in. That is ludicrously unethical.

Oh my God, you are serious.

Okay, well, in that case, let me clarify:

This is not a forum only for addons made by Dovetail Games, but also those published by Dovetail games. This one happens to be published by Dovetail Games. I have written to RSSLO. They do not have a forum. Therefore, I have come here, as is my right to do so. I do enjoy how you classified my objections to unethical marketing practices, backed up by video evidence of my own making (in no less than two languages), replete with a time-stamp in each video (courtesy of my desktop) as a "rant."

I tried to request a refund from Steam, by the by. I did this when I bought the route, on the day it was released. But, as I do in all such cases, I contacted the creator of the DLC first. I do this for all Dovetail products I buy, too. I cancelled it when RSSLO promised to correct the issue when asked about it via e-mail. They did not deliver a patch at all, and by the time that I sent them another e-mail, the refund period expired by a large margin. To me, this seems like a reasonable reason.

I made this post as a warning to people on this forum to not buy stuff from RSSLO if they expect any modicum of quality control.

14. pipanminuta#9703

pipanminuta#9703 Well-Known Member

15. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  16. pipanminuta#9703

pipanminuta#9703 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022