Training Modules Bug Tees Valley Line, Completed But Next Session Appear As Incomplete

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Gabe_1.0, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

I have this strange issue with the training modules on Tees Valley line, after you complete the training lessons and exist the sim, re-log in and after selecting this route you are promoted to the training modules starting with the class 37 introduction. While it's extremely enjoyable, it's just a bit awkward.

2. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

I am not sure what you are saying here...., so I am not sure if this will help you....

But I can say that if you hit a button that says "Continue Journey" or "Play Next Scenario" (or similar) - then the module/service which is regarded as "next" is just the first service in the list that has not yet been completed.

I always return to the main menu, after every service - so that I can review my overall progress before deciding what to do next. It is a terrible UI design.

3. Gabe_1.0

Yesterday I've explored and achieved the training modules which was recorded in the achievements list but today after logging back into dovetail live and selecting Tees Valley, i was automatically taken to the class 37 tutorial as if I did not do it yet.

Attached Files:

4. Trim

Trim Active Member

One problem is that Journeys completely ignores anything that has been completed via some other menu, such as Training, Scenarios, Timetable or Free Roam. Therefore you might complete a training module via the Training menu and then get asked to complete the same training module in Journeys. I have no idea whether if you manually select a journey from the Journeys menu, omitting the training module for example, whether Continue Current Journey will take over from the journey you have just chosen or whether it returns you to the training module again.

However, this does not appear to be Gabe's problem. I have no idea how Dovetail Live works since I entirely ignore it, and never log in, but if it means that you end up playing with two characters, then this would account for it. I would really love it if training and route introductions were all controlled via my steam account, but they aren't; they are just logged in My Documents (I think), which means that if you play on more than one computer then you need to do everything separately on each, and the same would go for playing with two characters on the same computer, if such a thing is possible.

5. Gabe_1.0

New Update! So the problem is just that. I went into Journey mode where you are promoted to do the training scenarios there. I did the class 37 one. Next time I got back into sim. It re-stetted itself to 0 on the training modules