New Version Of "tank Trouble" Scenario On Tees Valley Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gabe_1.0, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I did an experimental move on this scenario but the game didn't like it so I thought I'd suggest it here. Basically you'd the same thing as before but have to do an extra step. You have to couple the helper engine to the rear of the train so you have 1 at the front and one at the back. for the last leg of the journey while you are at the Tees Engineering Yard leaving with a more uniform consist. I quite liked the looks of it all.

2. Trim

Trim Active Member

Surely it does not make any difference. The train still has to be run round twice (we don't do the second run-round, in Tees Yard, for the continuation of the journey); in real life it would be more involved uncoupling between the two locomoves than between the locomotives and the wagons, and you'll have 110 tons of dead weight sitting at the back of all those four-wheelers, which doesn't look particularly good to me. It is rare for fregiht trains in Britian to be topped and tailed (it is common with engineers' trains, but they are different).

• Like Like x 2
  3. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

So: Gabe_1.0 offers advice based on experience; Trim depends on personal theory?

• Helpful Helpful x 1