Big Updates!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by JohnnyK98, Mar 17, 2020.

1. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

Hey everyone,

I've just had three updates in a row. Any idea what these are? One of them is for the new German DLC, one's an update on the Peninsula Corridor route, and the third...?

Are we getting a VIA Rail route from Montreal to Ottawa for free? Thanks guys. ;) ;) ;)

2. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

Ha Ha.. funny guy. My guess would be a core update including some bug fixes.

3. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

The update is for the new DLC prep. Plus a bug fix for the Baby Bullet, and to some of the DLC progress reporting to the UI, which they have described as "Core", as below:

--------------------
    Core:
    · Resolved an issue whereby completed add-on scenarios and services were not being shown correctly in the completion status UI.
    Baby Bullet:
    · Resolved an issue whereby the 217 San Jose Diridon - San Francisco could become blocked for completion.
    --------------------

However, the "core" fix has not been applied to WSR, RT or NEC routes. So not quite core - maybe peripheral would be a better description.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

When I started TSW yesterday evening on xbox I also noticed a signifcantly faster main menu. The switching between the routes which took some time before is now immediately. :cool:
    I haven't noticed furthermore but couldn't spend enough time for that as well.

5. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

I imagine another update will happens next week for this german route

6. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Was your internet connection working properly? If you lose internet (or switch it off), then the TSW UI menu speeds up dramatically, because it stops trying to make calls to a run-ragged DTG internet server, and it avoids going through all of the time-outs when the external servers can't respond at all. I only mention this because apparently a lot of people are having internet issues because a lot of other people are now "working" at home, like me.... researching train videos on YouTube.

Or... you could be right.... and DTG have prioritised a performance improvement to the UI, and just implemented it without saying anything about it. Unfortunately, I find this to be very highly unlikely - although you might (and hopefully will) get something like this in future... if/when they completely overhaul the UI.

7. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Interesting point which makes sense! But it should have been OK since I had no problem with some other games before starting TSW which definitely require a constant internet connection.
    In fact, when I tried starting TSW a few days earlier the xbox live service had been broken at that time. Due to that I wasn't able to start TSW at all, even when I disconnected the whole console...

8. JohnnyK98

I never thought about it, but since more people are working from home (or playing video games), it may affect our internet speeds. Luckily, TSW doesn't need high speed internet to run. :D

9. inigowilson5

inigowilson5 New Member

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    you are saying about internet speed. You can perform WiFi Speed Test of your internet.

10. JohnnyK98

We have the strangest bots on this forum.