Aylesbury To London Marylebone Route

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by alextking786, Mar 18, 2020.

1. alextking786

alextking786 New Member

Hi everyone. My route suggestion would be Aylesbury to London Marylebone, was born in aylesbury and always enjoyed the route myself. The distance fits TSW portfolio of around 34 miles and uses the class 165/166 (already in Train Sim World in GWR livery) and class 168 in Chiltern Railway livery, would be awesome to see this!
    It's a pretty route and the use of London Marylebone iconic station would be great. Also Aylesbury has a depot right next to the station which would be cool to see too.

Pictures below (think the class 168 uses the silver livery nowadays not too sure)

898393_1f484d07.jpg
    Aylesbury train station platform.

2011_at_Aylesbury_station_-_entrance.jpg
    Aylesbury train station entrance.

Aylesbury_Depot_-_Chiltern_168108_168009_121020.jpg

Depot at Aylesbury.

High_Wycombe_-_Chiltern_168214-168003_Birmingham_Mainline_service.JPG
    Chiltern Railway class 168

Ayls 165 station.jpg

Class 165 at Aylesbury, old picture using the old Chiltern Railway livery.

I know this route exists on TS on PC, but would be awesome to see this in TSW!

• Like Like x 3
  2. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

It would be a nice route to see.

I don't think the 166's do run on Chiltern, I may be wrong though. A new 165 would be good, with better sounds. Could also use in on the GWE route if it was reskinned.

Being a pedant, but the unit in that last photo is actally BR Network South East livery.

• Like Like x 2
  3. JustAVaporeon

JustAVaporeon Active Member

The 166s are on Great Western Railway's roster, so no they don't operate in the Chiltern Valley.
    I like the idea of a 165 though. It's basically GWR's 166 but all windows glazed over with no open windows and in the Chiltern Blue livery. Would like to see that happen :)
    Also that is BR Network Southeast Livery, but Chiltern stuck with it until they introduced their Chiltern Blue on the 165s and 172s. Used to be on the 168s before they got Silver Skinned. Its a nice livery tho.

4. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Much agreed. The line also uses class 68 (previously class 67 also) on expresses with mk3+DVT. We need a bit more british content as there hasn't been anything new for a while.

• Like Like x 1