PlayStation Red Light Help

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Jordanb123, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Jordanb123

Jordanb123 Member

Hi,
    After driving the service from Brighton to Eastbourne I go to switch to the train bound for Brighton at Eastbourne but when I leave the station there is a red light at the end of the platform which does not change and the train that I just got off bound for Hastings has a green lingo but does not leave. Is it something to do with signaling or is it that I don’t shut down the cab on the other end of the train correctly. Any help appreciated thanks
    Jordan

• Like Like x 1
  2. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

Hey there!
    Which ever way you set up the train should not effect the signals at all; the signals generally only indicate if another train is occupying the block ahead. You can bring up the map view to see if there actually is a train in front of you.
    Typically the trains heading out of Eastbourne bound for Ore or Hastings are the first ones to leave, then the trains bound for Brighton leave next. A few times, it's the other way around. You just have to wait until they're far enough ahead in order for you get the clearance to depart. The junctions near Brighton, Lewes, and Eastbourne can get busy sometimes.

The AI drivers are smart enough to set up the trains correctly all by themselves, you generally dont have to worry if you shut down your cab incorrectly.

Perhaps maybe the train you're on just isnt scheduled to depart yet? Sometimes theres a bit of a wait before the service can begin. Once it does begin, (assuming the signal block ahead is clear), you should get a green light right away.
    I hope this helps clarify some things ^^

3. Jordanb123

Jordanb123 Member

Yes that has helped and cleared a few of my queries however, say I’m at Eastbourne bound for Brighton and my next stop is polegate and I’m due there a 9:17 I will wait at Eastbourne until 9:17 the time I’m due to be at Eastbourne at and the ore/Hastings train has not left meaning I still have a red signal.
    Hopefully you can help thanks