Highspeed Ice 3 (cologne) Köln Messe Deutz- Frankfurt Flughafen Fernbahnhof (airport)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by levelzwei2, Mar 15, 2020.

1. levelzwei2

levelzwei2 Member

Can you build the highspeed track from Cologne (Köln Messe Deutz) via (Köln Bonn Flughafen), Siegburg Bonn, Montarbaur, Limburg Süd to Frankfurt Flughafen Fernbahnhof with the ICE 3.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 13
  2. unbekannt_nabilrr

unbekannt_nabilrr New Member

I think they don't build the complete route because it's tooooo long.

• Like Like x 1
  3. levelzwei2

levelzwei2 Member

I think they could do the whole route because the landscape looks most times pretty similar and there are 30 Tunnels with a complete length of 47km that is longer than the route RRO or HRR. Also the tunnels would be about 25% of the Route. I think the biggest problems are the extreme heights and the ICE 3 interior.

• Like Like x 4
  4. mainemanman

mainemanman New Member

I think they should do Dusseldorf-Bonn via Köln, provides good ICE action and S-Bahn/Intercity services.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

I reallz like it, but I think thez may aswell go to Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof wich is like an extra 4-ish Kilometres and would complete the full run of the ICE Service from Frankfurt to Köln.

6. levelzwei2

levelzwei2 Member

That would be nice but there are many tracks at Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof and also you see directly the skyline when you drive to the Hauptbahnhof. But Frankfurt Flughafen Fernbahnhof would be a good end because after it you don’t have highspeed anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

I also checked the distance of the route and it's unfortunately waaay to long for DTG.