Vehicles And Pedestrians Waiting At Rr Crossing

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by matthewbguilford, Feb 28, 2020.

1. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

I think this is something that could be added to TSW, something small that I think would really make a big difference across all routes and that is...Vehicles and people waiting at crossings. I like to sound my horn when approaching a crossing and I always have this empty feeling when going across them. Having a couple cars and/or people waiting for my train to go by would be something small that would add a lot. I mostly think of it when I’m on Peninsula corridor, I get excited to see a car but they always turn down the side street when they get to one and it feels lonely when your passing a dozen crossings. I think even static cars and people would be more then okay. I really liked when watching a Train Simulator 2020 video that you actually got rated on using your horn and I think that would be an awesome addition, then again I also really like the TS2020 map UI that conveys when your coming up to a station or a crossing. Thank you everyone!

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

I'm in full agreement with this! And it shouldn't affect the framerate too much either. :D

• Like Like x 4
  3. matthewbguilford

Yes! I figured it shouldn’t effect the frame rate, and I think we would all be okay even if the cars were static or the pedestrians but I feel like it would add so much to the experience of going past crosswalks and giving us a reason to sound the horn!

• Like Like x 4
  4. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

I think that a more advanced ratings system is on their "things to do" list. It would certainly add a little more to think about.

And talking about the "list" I've often wondered if the current crossings are placeholders for working ones sometime in the future. So that's why there aren't any static vehicles - since they would then have to individually remove them if the barriers became operational. This is just an optimistic thought since I'd be happy with a few static cars otherwise.

5. Patrick Kolinski

Patrick Kolinski Active Member

You right matthewbguilford! Waiting for this... don't forget the station arriving time boards also ;););)

• Like Like x 2
  6. barrie_beasley

barrie_beasley New Member

I love this you couldn’t have said it any better I feel the same way

• Like Like x 1
  7. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

Yep, I think these are great ideas too... would def like seeing these added to the sim.

• Like Like x 1
  8. brodeyness4

brodeyness4 Active Member

Would love for the AI trains to do the crossing sequence at all crossings too

9. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

Wait, I've seen cars waiting at crossings!

10. matthewbguilford

Yes you have! On Long Island Railroad there are cats at the RR crossings but sadly it’s the only RR that has this. Matt has stated in a live stream the reason they don’t have cars waiting at the RR crossings is because it doesn’t matter what time or season you are driving the same cars will always be there. To me this isn’t a problem at all but I can see why some people wouldn’t want that. When driving thought Oakville division seeing all of those empty streets and RR crossings is a sad thing!

11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Catching mice I should imagine :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

Cats? Really? Haven't seen those yet! Ima check it out later