Next Addon - Recommendation?

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by Railmaster, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

next days I will have the Collectors Edition through and since its release there are some more addons. The question arises, which one should be the next? The choices are:

West Somerset
    Tees Valley
    East Coastway
    Ruhr-Rhine east
    Oakville

My preferences are:
    Passenger trains with few stops
    Freight trains maneuver without much
    if possible no lapping brakes
    if possible no geared drives.

What can you recommend here or not? Tend to WSR or TSL. Which addon more or less corresponds to my preferences?

Thank you for your recommendations and take care! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I don't have ECW or OSD yet, but of the others...

WSR is pretty and has some really nice trains, but low max speed makes it a bit of a chore. The Class 52 in particular feels like it needs to stretch its legs far more than is allowed. No freight here, just passenger services and a decent length between stops (because you're going so slowly)!

TVL is similar in scenery to NTP (industrial north, frequently grey and raining!), but flatter and a bit more built up. I've only just bought it so still exploring, but if you like the crusty old BR trains in NTP, you'll love this (the 37 is a much nicer train to drive than the 45). The Class 31 DLC is rusty and rattly and quite charming with it, and allows you to pull the 101 without having to deal with gears or lapping.

RRO is shorter, flatter and more urban than MSB. If you like the feel of the modern German trains, this is the one for you, however the S8 services have a lot of tightly packed stops. You can also do RE services which stop less, but then they're over quicker. There's a bit of freight action, but generally short runs (due to route length), although you can sub in pretty much any of the German trains from routes you own. No manual lapping or gears!

Of these three, I've covered most distance on RRO.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. septafan

septafan Active Member

I think you will enjoy the east coastway it’s fun and not to many stops

• Like Like x 1
  4. Railmaster

Thanks for your recommendations!

These days there are huge discounts again, so I bought 3 addons: TVL, WSR and RRO. I guess I'm well equipped with it! Especially since these probably best suit my taste.

I don't know which one I will play first, so I'll have a look. So I'll put some more in the back, just like Loc addons.

:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

For WSR you simply must buy the class 33, it's beautiful.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Railmaster

Now that the new routes have been loaded, I ride them comfortably in free mode to take a look at everything in peace. I can already see how much I appreciate the variety. Will probably switch between the routes every now and then. However, I will now only serve the journeys first and only then the scenarios! The other way round, they are certainly not counted again and I have to do them twice.

But I've already discovered something strange! During a stop on the free journey I actually accidentally uncoupled the locomotive! Then she started off without her train, which I didn't really care. But then the locomotive stopped, drove back and coupled the cars again! However, it didn't go on for the time being, it probably messed up the timetable ... :D