German Shunter Loco

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kikelj.blaz, Feb 1, 2020.

1. kikelj.blaz

kikelj.blaz Member

Hi all!

I want to hear your opinion about shunter loco for german routes.
    Please share your ideas/thinking.

• Like Like x 1
  2. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

German shunters would be a very important addition to the German routes. It would be allow to use the branches to the industrial sights in RSN, MSB and RRO. There are preparations for diesel shunters on this routes too. All of this routes have dieselsupplyposts.

3. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Your so right,to bad DT doesn't seem interested in even thinking about doing a german desiel anything.

4. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

I'm sure that the next DLC will be part of German routes. After so much British and American DLCs it's finally time for the BR 294, which is a classic shunter and already exists as a nice 3D model for the actual Train Simulator. The nice thing with German locos is that you can use them nearly on every German route, with the exception of Rapid Transit, which still needs a general overhaul...

• Like Like x 1
  5. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

I think that this is a wondeful idea! But with one caveat...

I would not want the shunter to be made by the same people that made the DB BR 155 (which doesn't work on RSN on PS4), because I don't think that they would be bothered to test it on PS4 or XBox, but they'd be perfectly happy to sell it for PS4, in a broken state, and never ever fix it. It's such a shame.

Anyway - I hope that they are not allowed anywhere near any future content development for TSW ever again, until they reform their ways.

6. trainsfiend

trainsfiend New Member

Please add a German shunter as soon as possible!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Would this be the most likely candidate for a shunter on the German routes? Or is there a more modern option that runs on these routes?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  8. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Agree a German diesel is a priority- they've said they don't have access, which I believe, but there's gotta be a way, even if they have to subcontract the work.

I'm the opposite though, I think the 155 is one of the best locos in the game, and i choose it whenever i can on German routes- i play on Xbox though, so this PS4 sound bug is a wrinkle i don't have to deal with.

I get it - the Class 31 is considered one of the best, and i do like a lot about it, but it drives me nuts every time i use it because i feel like the engine sounds in the cabin (at least on Xbox) are way too quiet. Outside view sounds great, but inside i feel like i have cotton stuffed in my ears.

I think one of the best moves DTG could make is to hire a top-flight sound engineer- would help the sense of immersion across the board.

9. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

The DB BR 294 is the most common German shunter. The most modern and powerful is the Voith Gravita or DB BR 261 or 265. It has around 1500 hp.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

11. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

I think that the main problem is the implementation on the PS4, as far as I know these sound problems didn't occur on PC. Usually before the release of big triple A games on console, there is always an extensive test phase, maybe DTG hasn't these possibilities yet... but there are regular updates. ;)

12. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

I'd be quite happy to start a kick-starter fund, or do some charity funding raising - maybe do a sponsored event..... like take a bath in some strawberry flavoured custard for 12 hours..... and try to get enough cash together to buy DTG a second-hand refurbished PS4 to do some testing on. Then they can take a look at the DB BR 155 and see how broken it is on RSN on PS4.... and if a new German shunter is released (a good idea by the way...!), then that could be tested on the PS4 as well. Seems fair to me, given that they would be selling it for use on the PS4.

13. kikelj.blaz

kikelj.blaz Member

I think this loco would fit pefect into any german route.
    DTG could you share your oppinion?

14. SHINO BAZ

How is it DT has no problem getting electric locomotives for the german routes but can't find anyone who will let the use buy or trade with to use there desiel shunter.for a german route.

15. kikelj.blaz

kikelj.blaz Member

WE GOT IT!
    German shunter is finally coming to TSW!:love:

• Like Like x 2
  16. SHINO BAZ

Yahoo! I was beginning to fear it was never gonna happen.