Strasburg Railroad

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Bigace55, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Bigace55

Bigace55 New Member

I feel that the Strasburg railroad is too famous to not have in TSW 2020, Strasburg should be one of the first steam routes introduced. This will take long to make because they have 4 operating steam engines. Great Western 90 (my personal favorite), Norfolk and Western 475, Canadian National 89, and Canadian National 7312(31). If you make this route, YOU NEED TO HAVE ALL 4 ENGINES, not just one or two. Also you could have the SW8 as a DLC. This route is mainly a tourist line but it also has revenue freight. Please consider this route and please have all four engines

• Like Like x 2
  2. amyosu23

amyosu23 Member

I would like to have this route also.

3. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Let's see some pictures, then.

Where does it go? What will I see on the way?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

The Strasburg Rail Road is a heritage line in southeast Pennsylvania. It runs for a whopping 4.5 miles from Strasburg to Paradise, although most trains stop about a mile and a bit from Paradise at a picnic grove, where the train turns back. At Paradise, there is a junction with the Keystone Corridor, which is the branch of the NEC from Philadelphia to Harrisburg. I personally think that DTG wouldn't do a Strasburg route, mostly because of the effort of modelling the exterior portion of the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania, as you can see in my picture below from last summer: Strasburg.JPG
    The Strasburg station is where that tower and parking lot are across the road. If you go on Google Maps and have a look at Street View, there is a full ride on the line from the top of the tender: https://www.google.com/maps/@39.9838538,-76.1574797,18z

I personally think this would be better as an extension to a Keystone Corridor route just because of how boring it is. It's a shorter, flatter version of the West Somerset Railway in terms of atmosphere.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Bigace55

Bigace55 New Member

Hey you know it’s still a 45 minute ride from strasburg to paradise and back, it’s supposed to be slow relaxing ride through Amish country, it would be a nice “test route” for the early tsw steam engines