PC Csx Jurney

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by rat7_mobile, Mar 30, 2020.

1. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

How do you get through the switching part of the journey, once that I haved backed up the train and set the switch, the game is stuck with the message DRIVE FORWARD

the panel is showing REVERSER = FORWARD (done), BRAKE=REALEASE (done) THROTTLE=1 (done)

and it will not move forward from there, and since until it decide that it is done, it is impossible to get the journey to continue

2. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

Hello,
    It’s not very easy to say without giving more details. Sorry if it comes across as silly questions but I don’t know how much or little you know.

1. When you say brakes are released- obviously physically the controller is in the release position- but are the gauges showing brake cylinder pressure to be zero (or conversely, brake pipe pressure to its normal maximum)?
    If not, ensure both brakes are released as there are 2, train brake and also locomotive (independent) brake. The independent brake is often forgotten about. I can’t remember but don’t think the handbrake is accessible on the CSX but check that also if it is.

2. When you say the power controller is in throttle one, again, is this being registered by the gauge. This time you want to look at the far right gauge which is displaying power in amps- is any amps being registered? Can you hear the engine speed increasing (I.e. engine revving) when you increase throttle?
    If you can see amps being registered, you need to check the brakes are fully released as described above. Otherwise, check the following:
    Control and fuel pump is in the ON position (up position)
    Generator field in the ON position (up position)
    Engine run is in the ON position (up position)

If that doesn’t work, ensure the engine is on which may sound silly but it’s very easily to accidentally switch off the engine.

Hope this help otherwise if it hasn’t, describe what the gauges are showing.

3. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

THanks for the help

Somebody emailed me the answer, the trick is once you couple with the second set of cart, just ram the throttle to the max and speed toward the exit, and it will then let you go through