Nec Csx Coupled, Then Stuck. Not Able To Move In Any Direction.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by BLRy, Mar 14, 2020.

1. BLRy

BLRy Well-Known Member

Hello, new member, new to TSW.
    I have really been enjoying this game but have recently run into a situation I can not figure out. I have tried to search it here, but come up with nothing.

TSW updated to TSW 2020 - xBox1
    NEC CSX Frieght

re: Timetable Service F07 - 1 Manifest Switching - Deliver the Cars
    I have coupled the 2 to the 12 to make the 14 to deliver, but the coupling is botched, and the train will not move. By botched I mean that it has jammed the cars together. I can not uncouple them, I cannot continue to the marker, nor can I take the train anywhere unless I uncouple the loco and reverse. But that does not help me at all.
    Yes I am coupled to the right string. I have restarted 3 times, coupled at different speeds from 1-3mph, stopped before coupling, coupled in motion, walked the string to check all handbrakes are released, uncoupled reversed and recoupled, checked loco brakes and switches... all to no effect. Every time I try to do this service this happens. If I try to power up the throttle and force movement in any direction, the loco will shut down requiring a full game play restart again to fix. No brakes are applied, everything seems to be working properly on the loco but the train will not move. The marker can not be reached unless I can move to meet it to cause it to register the action. So here I sit wondering how to possibly proceed.

Any ideas?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
  2. BLRy

BLRy Well-Known Member

Ok just tried again and same thing. The first couple in this service is a major fail. Does not couple properly (as per previous explanations) then does not compute the couple or allow me to do anything else to continue in the service. Not sure what is going on or why. Has anyone experienced this before in this service or anywhere else? How did you fix?

3. BLRy

BLRy Well-Known Member

I resolved this today. After completing all the other services I went back to this and tried again. The same thing happened - again!

This time I checked the couplers. They were closed. This is why the cars would not couple and instead jam into each other preventing completion of the move and registering as such with the game. After opening the couplers and recoupling, everything registered and carried on as per usual. But why were they closed?

All services now complete on NEC with GP38-2!

• Like Like x 1
  4. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

I've encountered this too, sometimes you've got to manually set the couplers.
    Congrats on completing all NEC GP38-2 services! Once Oakville DLC is fixed, I think it'll be your favourite. :)

By the way! Come visit the 'TSW community' club on Xbox One! There's quite a few railfans!

• Like Like x 1
  5. BLRy

BLRy Well-Known Member

I might check it out. I use my daughter's sign in though as I don't really play much so didn't see a need for my own.