PlayStation West Somerset Railway

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by micky-kelly, Apr 1, 2020.

1. micky-kelly

micky-kelly New Member

Has any one had a problem with the journey mode on the class 09 intro for the marker light turning on as it only allows me to do one of them

• Like Like x 1
  2. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

3. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

The marker lights are doable but are very finicky about where the select action becomes available. 3 things. In the options slow the controller speed to minimum. Get as close as you can to the lights. Press R3 to get the precision cursor active and try it again moving the cursor slowly around the area.

You can speed the controller up again afterwards. I leave mine fairy slow though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Oooh - let's see if I can remember this issue... I think you can do this three ways...

1. Crouching - to get a different viewing angle
    2. Using the free camera when sitting in the driver's seat, and hovering in low
    3. As normal, walking around the loco, but checking absolutely every possible angle.... which could take quite a long time***.

I have a feeling that when they tested this on PC, that the mouse was able to access more pixels, and trigger the lamp switches more easily. DTG don't generally test things on PS4 - if they did, they would have found this problem and thought about fixing it.
    -----------------
    ***EDITED TO ADD: And this Option 3 will probably be easier if you use PjM's very useful tips on the R3 cursor control.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  5. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

I've watched videos and EVERYTHING looks so much easier with a mouse. It's just more precise than a controller for selecting things. And if you add head movement and the zoom function, well...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Doyden

Doyden Active Member

I recently tried that one and could turn 3 of the 4 on. I ended up restarting and this time I could easily turn on all 4.

On subsequent runs with the 09 though I've found as others have suggested that it's just very finicky about where you are standing/pointing. Try moving slightly further away and moving the dot all around that area. I've had no further problems activating the lamps.

7. Turbojugend

Turbojugend Well-Known Member

First time I tried this, the front two wouldn't turn on no matter where I was positioned. I restarted and the issue went away immediately. Go figure.

• Like Like x 1