Euro Fishing Baits Still Keep Moonwalking Across The Lake Bed.

Discussion in 'PlayStation' started by Chizzckh, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

I hoped the newest patch would sort this but still having major issues with baits drifting all the time, especially in Spain and St Johns lake (The two I play most). Extremely frustrating casting out a bait and the realizing its moved a number of yards away from where it originally landed, sometimes I have had the bait end up back at my feet from across the lake. You can see the depth meter fluctuating/glitching, seems to be extenuated by the deeper parts of the lakes. This has been an issue since the first major update!! Anyone know a way around it/reduce the problem or is it not just me that is having this constant issue???????

2. tracko644

tracko644 Member

Same problem here, especially frustrating if you want to spod. I now only cast underarm if spodding & fish within 10 yrds, which doesn't solve it but it's slightly better. On the upside I do still catch plenty of fish & bosses this way. There are a couple of pegs on Presa where it really isn't that bad, but again I'm only fishing between 6 & 8 yrds (caught all the cats excluding Meg this way also). Try the underwater glitch to find some glad bed areas, that's how I found the pegs I use. Hope this helps.

3. tracko644

tracko644 Member

* that should read flat bed areas

4. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Nice one, I did try that glitch just out of interest - Before the 1st update I always used to fish in the little inlet in Presa and had some real good success without landing any of the big cats due to the on land issue. Now the bait wont stay still and the area as a swim now seems devoid of fish. Sticking now to fishing on the point of where the inlet and main lake join but far to the left where I find a lot of the big fish seems one of the worst places to keep a bait still.

5. tracko644

tracko644 Member

The peg I use is the last one on the left before the big mound (if you're looking from the peg you use). I cast just just to the right of the peg on the opposite bank to my right, spod it at 6-8 yrds & fish there, plenty of cats & big carp in that area. Probably the flattest area of the lake ( about 8ft deep).

6. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

I will give it a go, I think I understand where you mean. Yet to get land (Hooked some) any of the big Cats in Spain but have pretty much all the Carp bar the largest Ghost Carp. Did land Muddyback from St Johns at the weekend which is my current records across all the lakes on the game...

7. tracko644

tracko644 Member

Let us know how you get on

8. tracko644

tracko644 Member

Ps. If you're struggling to land the cats what kind of tackle are you using as the only cat I have problems with is Meg, caught all the others quite a few times apart from Puma (once)

9. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

I think I hooked Meg a few times as I see the very long light tale coming out of the water and then about 200 yrd run but certainly have had a couple of other Cats ( I think Puma at least once) that I have lost. Admittedly I gave up for a long period fishing on Presa with the on land bug which drove me mad every time I seemed to hook a big Cat I would lose it, especially when I was several minutes in to the fight and it would just casually wander on to the land . I have had it also happen on Presa since the updates with another big Cat and that was on 25lb braid, carp reel/rod and size 4 hook with floating tiger nut. Dont have anywhere near the same problem with even the biggest carp in the lake. Will give it a go tonight for a little while and will update on how it goes (If I can hook into a CAT!).. Cheers

10. Yu008qK

Yu008qK New Member

Same issue on XBOX One.

Two friends of mine had already quit the game because this reason, and it's just the beginning.

It's the priority to fix!

11. MikeSynyster

MikeSynyster New Member

Wonder what this mystery update is for? 1.05

12. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Finally managed Leo (my first names Cat on the lake) last night in Presa, fishing at the mouth of the inlet across the lake to the far left hard against the bank where there is a slight raised rock formation ( only place I can seem to get my bait to stick 1 in 2 casts)... Renewed hope I might now actually be able to go get some more! Noticed the new patch, 3 GB is a far old size again but no idea what its for as didn't have time last night to play it with the patch installed.... HOPEFULLY its to do with the bait drifting! Not seen any posts yet about the actual fixes..

13. MikeSynyster

MikeSynyster New Member

My bait drifted *slightly* before, but with the layout of Presa, it’s no surprise, it’s very uneven.

14. Jsyb76

Jsyb76 New Member

The New patch hasn't fixed the issue bait still moves!

15. tracko644

tracko644 Member

Nothing's changed from what I can see

16. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Nope, same issue last night playing with the new patch - No problem with the baits moving when it first lands because of the terrain of the lake bed but its when it settles for a few minutes and then starts drifting 20 yards across the lake for no reason - There again I don't know what the new patch was meant to do! I hadn't seen anything from the developers last time I looked.

17. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

The baits moving around the bed is going to require further work to at least reduce the amount of movement if not prevent it altogether.

Patch 1.05 was just some minor backend fixes. The 3GB size of update was an inconvenience but hopefully our future updates will be much smaller in size.

18. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

No problem with the size of update Stephen - Was more just wandering what it was for... Hopefully you guys can get the drifting sorted asap...