Loco Test Track

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by Thunderer, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

A test track would be nice, by this I mean a long (100/200/500 miles?) oval circuit. Doesn't even have to be a loop, just a randomly generated straight line track or something.

Don't care too much about scenery DTG, just randomly generate it or something.

Would be nice to just take our Locos out and really open them up (yes 33 and 52 I'm looking at you guys).

If you're not going to give people a track editor meet us halfway and give us some sort of sandbox loop.

• Like Like x 8
  2. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

My first ever post on the Forums, was indeed, to ask for a Test Track - a Test Track Double Pack: ;-D

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/old-dalby-wegberg-wildenrath-double-test-pack.18069/

But - I have since learned more about how TSW works, and I don't think that you will ever see this happen - I think that they would have to rework and test every single bit of rolling stock, in order to make it work. I could be wrong (hopefully, someone will tell me that I am wrong).

3. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

I can't see there being one created officially but who knows. When / if we get an editor for TSW it will be easy enough to create one. Whether console users miss out depends on how DTG decides user content will be distributed.

4. synthetic.angel

There is a simple solution for you. Get yourself a copy of TS2020 - this is the train sim product that contains the editor, and maybe that would satisfy your needs....? And there's probably a shed load of 33s and 52s to run, in different liveries, and some of them might even be free.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Thunderer

I play TSW on PS4.

I'm a home based IT techie and the last thing I want to do on an evening is sit at my PC after being there all day. Much prefer playing TSW on a big TV, sat with my feet up on a recliner. :)

• Like Like x 5
  6. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

Whats about the free-game in the timetable-mode? Ok, it's not the same but good enough to make some practice or just driving around. Or, in journey-mode, you can return into this free-game, after completing a task.

I think, under this realistic conditions, there is more and better pratice be done, while driving an oval. Or what would be the advantage to this?

7. synthetic.angel

LOL....! Yeah - I always want to be on the couch when running TSW on the PS4. And it is utterly fab with a PSVR headset (in cinema mode). I am about to get a sim-dedicated PC, which will be placed under the 4k TV... and will not be used for any work whatsoever*.... And it might end up with a copy of TS2020 on it, but only so that I can run the South London Network DLC.. and whatever free stuff that I can find.

*except to support research...by running fun simulators...

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Railmaster

What? I have the headset too, what I have to do, to use it with TSW??? :o

9. synthetic.angel

On PS4 - just switch on your PSVR headset. You can change the size of the cinema screen from the PS4 XMB menu - you can have it REALLY BIG if you want - like being in the front row of a massive cinema screen. And - if you use the Sony headphones, and you run on MSB, or TVL, the sounds are fabulous...!

This is not 3D VR that I am talking about - it's just the cinema screen.

NB: The tracking from the camera will not be working. But this is okay (I always have my camera covered over anyway.... unless it is a PSVR title that I am playing). But this means you might have to "re-set" the headset every so often (long press of OPTIONS button on the DS4). If you keep your head reasonably still, then this doesn't happen much - because the accelerometers in the PSVR headset are really good. Also, I have noticed that it might help to be in a darker room (but I am not completely sure about.the darkness bit....).

Enjoy!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Railmaster

Thank you very much, I will try it :cool:

11. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...just had to chime-in on this post (which I think was great): This is exactly how I play the sim every day- incl the audio fed through my home theater system (with a decent sub). Having the audio fed through any home theater system is a big plus with this game... good quality audio with a HD display can’t be beat.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thunderer

The noise of the 45 revving up to 100% on NTP is incredible. I used to catch them every day to and from work in Liverpool and DTG have absolutely nailed the audio.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020