PC Tsw Heavy Freight - Stuck

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jamesnelmes, Apr 4, 2020.

1. jamesnelmes

jamesnelmes New Member

I'm trying to do a scenario hauling vans from Huddersfield to Leeds. I cant get the vans to move. They are just stuck and if I apply more power the wheels slip. What am I doing wrong??

Thanks

Jim

2. marko.kleinschmidt14393

marko.kleinschmidt14393 Member

The brake valve might be in the wrong position. Some cars need the air brake setting and some others need vacuum.

3. jamesnelmes

jamesnelmes New Member

Thanks I'll give it a go.

4. jamesnelmes

jamesnelmes New Member

How do I change the brake setting in the Class 45?

5. Trim

Trim Active Member

If this is NH10, then yes, you need to set the brake selector switch in the No. 1 end cab to Vacuum Brakes. It should be Vacuum Brakes - Goods, but you'll also be able to drive (and probably find it easier) in Vacuum Brakes - Passenger. The difference is in how fast the locomotive brakes apply and release, The switch is always on the back cab wall, but on the class 45, where it is directly behind where the driver sits, it is cunningly hidden behind the cab door if this is open.

As far as I can remember, the scenario Whistler and Gronk (which is based on the same train) has the selector already set.

Of course, this is really an error within the game. Train NH10 is simply a continuation of NH09, which the AI driver seems to manage to bring all the way from Newton Heath without setting the vacuum brakes.

I'd love to say that you could go down the train and pull all the strings and run the train without brakes, but these vans don't have strings to pull to release the vacuum reservoirs.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. jamesnelmes

jamesnelmes New Member

That worked perfectly - thank you so much.

• Like Like x 1