Class 31 Issues

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Rudolf, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Hi, I have triouble completing the Tank Trouble scenario. All goes well, but after the hotbox dropoff you ned to contnue and there a signal shows a stopping aspect There is no train blocking the route, but you do not get permission to proceed. Can anyone confirm this issue? Or am I doing something stupid?

2. arapajoe3

arapajoe3 Active Member

Hello, no, you are not stupid xd the same thing happened to me, there is an infinite red signal that does not allow you to complete the scenario. but there is nothing new in this game, problems like these are in all the routes and are still not fixed after years ..

3. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Thanks, I will file a bug report with DTG. I know the scenario/time table dev team is sloppy, unfortunately.

4. Trim

Trim Active Member

It is certainly possible to complete the scenario as I have run through it now several times, and haven't yet encountered this bug. The trouble with scenarios is that they are heavily scripted, and rely on events happening in a particular sequence in order for the next action to occur.

This particular signal clears, if I remmber correctly, as soon as you couple back on the train. I have always got down from the cab and used the mouse to click on the coupling in first person. Perhaps there are other ways of coupling on to trains, and these don't cause the signal to clear. Perhaps it is dependent on exactly where you stopped the train (yes, I know you had to stop in a certain position earlier, but pehaps this part of the script is looking for something else).

In other scenarios it is possible to see why a sequence may never happen, such as dawdling over Cement Blue Circle, means you get to the red signal at Stockton Cut after the double-headed class 37-hauied train has cleared the junction ahead and gone into Tees Yard. However, the scenario appears to be scripted for (1) the player stopping at the signal and then (2) the class 37s clearing the junctiion into Tees Yard. If (1) and (2) do not happen in this sequence, then the signal never clears. However, with Tank Trouble, there are no trains at all anywhere near, and the last train you'll have seen moving was probably about fifteen minutes earlier.

5. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Thank you for your comment. I will try again with your "instructions". I think this error makes clear that it would be very helpful if you just can overrule the dispatcher, whatever she decides...

• Like Like x 1
  6. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

If you haven't already got them activated one thing extra that I would suggest is to have the on screen objective markers turned on. They can be annoying but quite often are a help in realising what and where the next required scripted action is. Relying on just the text can cause you to miss a step out of the sequence of events.

7. lewis.upson12

lewis.upson12 New Member

in regards to the scenario tank trouble with the red signal at the exit of the engineering yard i played the scenario twice the only variable being a pair of 37s with a coal train arriving just after i coupled up and arriving as im leaving the yard giving me the road to the siding in the main yard whereas on the first play through the points weren't set and the 37's had just arrived and stabled in the siding this might help it might not just a casual observation