Race Day Run - Hempstead

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Otto, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Otto

Otto New Member

I have pulled in to Hempstead and stopped exactly where instructed. Nothing is happening. I waited for 15 minutes and got no instructions beyond "Stop at Location" What do I do now ?
    PS4

2. Otto

Otto New Member

I tried it again and got the same result

3. zigzagzed

zigzagzed New Member

I too am seeing this same situation. I've stopped where indicated and followed all instructions but it isn't registering that I have stopped to continue the scenario. Any feedback out there? I've done this 4-5 times and am quite frustrated.

4. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

Do you follow the instructions with the blue markers or do you use alternative controls?

Have found that sometimes it matters whether an action is scored or not. E.g. Turners to "neutral" - can be done with focus and the blue marker or with a stick. The program does not recognize the stick.

It is also important to really stop to the point or at least in the blue circle. However, I had it yesterday in ECW, where I was supposed to connect cars, but I was still 15yds away ...

This is the reason for most of the shortcomings and why it works for one and not for another! That's how I came up with it.

Remind me that I also had problems here but that was a few weeks ago. Don't know what led to success. Hope it helps you anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  5. zigzagzed

zigzagzed New Member

Not sure what you mean by blue markers. Playing on the PS4 and I am stopped EXACTLY on the blue circle at Hempstead station. Can't for the life of me figure out how to get past this...

6. Railmaster

In the settings you can choose whether the display for markings is switched on or not. If so, more or less blue markers appear wherever an action is required. Alternatively, the text is given, just without those markers. Have the German version, so do not know the exact English name of this setting.

• Like Like x 1
  7. zigzagzed

zigzagzed New Member

Thanks for the tip - I'll turn those on and see if that takes care of it later today. I'll leave feedback so anyone else can try as well.

8. zigzagzed

zigzagzed New Member

I turned on the additional markers and had the same result. Still arrived at Hempstead and was spot on the blue circle and the game just won't register that I've arrived. How disappointing.

9. Railmaster

I can only remember that I also had problems with it. Videos often helped me to see what was different from me? E.g. the additional markers.

Stopping at the right point is also often a problem. Sometimes it is enough to be 15yds away, sometimes you have to run a little over the point. Is not programmed properly. Try & error. Unfortunately.

Sometimes it is something completely different - e.g. only left doors closed, the right ones still open. Or any lights are still on. Or the reverser is still standing forward. Things that are not pointed out and that you do not think about. You just don't get it. It is seldom a real bug but a major inconsistency.

Oh yes - it sometimes makes a difference whether you take an action from the FPV or from any other view!

This is often frustrating, but if you know these typical pitfalls, you can usually get it done. You just have to figure out what exactly the inconsistency can be ...

And do not forget to save in between, good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  10. zigzagzed

zigzagzed New Member

Well, just for the record, I finally figured it out. I had to stop well past the blue circle. Strange that it wouldn't accept stopping near the circle like it does at other stops.

Thanks to Railmaster for your efforts in helping me out!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Railmaster

Thanks for the feedback and great that you made it! Unfortunately, you will come across a few more shortcomings, but once you know them, you can usually get them quickly. These are no bugs, just little happy thrill elements... ;)