PC Query: Tsw Vs Tsw 2020

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by darth3pio, Mar 6, 2020.

1. darth3pio

darth3pio New Member

I have not spent any time in TSW: Windows Store Edition in some time due to a lack of expansion content or updates, now TSW 2020 has been launched separately on the Windows Store.

Question: Does TSW 2020 contain all of the TSW content?

2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

TSW2020 is just the current version of TSW. The routes are technically all standalone items which run under the base game so you only get whatever is bundled at the time you buy it (currently GWE, LIRR, MSB, NTP, CSX (PC only) plus Pen.Corridor on the Deluxe edition) and any DLC you pay for separately, but it's a free transition from TSW2018 -> TSW2019 -> TSW2020 etc.

3. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

If you go to the item in the Windows store it will tell you which routes are bundled with it. From what I can see looking on the store now it's NTP, MSB, and LIRR which happens to be different to the Steam version. As Factor41 says, the DLC routes should be the only difference as far as game play.

4. Trim

Trim Active Member

The screenshots include GWE, and CSX is apparently part of the "core game", so I suspect they are exactly the same.

I bought TSW 2020 through a third party vendor (GamersGate) and I got exactly the same routes as offered by Steam.

5. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I downloaded the Windows Store version and CSX was not included.

6. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Genuinely trying to help and clarify - I have a couple of Qs:

Q1 - I am assuming that you downloaded TSW on "Windows" Store, for the XBox......., right?
    Q2 - Is TSW covered by the cross-platform guarantee, so do you have a Windows 10 version as well, as XBox? If so, then if you have a PC, you might well have that available to you as well, on both platforms. in which case, you might have CSX available. You don't need a particularly expensive PC to run TSW 2020.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  7. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

I don't think he means XBox. I think he means the Microsoft Windows version from the Windows Store rather than Steam. If you open the Windows Store within Win10 you can find it there.

8. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Why would the Windows Store Win 10 version of TSW 2020 not include CSX:HH, when the Steam Win 10 version of TSW 2020 does (as my copy does).....?

It doesn't make any sense - DTG would have to maintain multiple versions of the base "package of DLCs", for the same Win 10 platform, dependent on retail outlet. I can't think of a single reason why they would want to do this - unless they actually have a Department dedicated to "confusing customers".

So, I suspect that Doomotron bougtht a copy of TSW 2020 for XBox, from Microsoft Store. It is known that the XBox version of TSW 2020 does not include CSX:HH.

But now I am not sure..... Although I am fairly sure that when TSW 2020 was released, that the DevStreams strongly indicated that the Win 10 version would include CSX:HH - nobody mentioned this would depend on where you bought it from.

9. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

Well, regardless of what he actually bought, there is a PC version on the Microsoft Store which doesn't include CSX or GWE:

[​IMG]

Note: it shows the NZ store as I'm in New Zealand, other regions might have slightly different products.

10. Trim

Trim Active Member

I don't think it is possible for the PC version o fthe game NOT to include CSX. It isn't listed as a DLC in the Steam properties window and you cannot uninstall it. However, many people who have bought the PC game seem to fail to notice the green arrow in the rightt-hand route pointing to further routes on a second screen, In my opinion this is an appalling layout, using super-sized icons that no one needs to hide valuable information that people do, but it seems popular among UI designers these days.
    Yes, the XBOX LIVE at the top of the screen is a bit of a giveaway, don't you think. This isn't the PC version.

11. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

Right, so why does it have a blue box on the right that says "Included with Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta)"?

and scrolling down further it says "Available on PC":

[​IMG]

Just to clarify this isn't on Steam, this is on the Microsoft Store that comes with Windows 10.

12. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

Seeing as this version is running off Microsoft's service/servers and has to run on both consoles as well as PCs if obtained off the game pass service, my belief is they are just using the "console" version for both platforms instead of having a different version for PC that has CSX. It probably makes it easier just having the one version launch between both platforms than having 2 versions and verifying the user's hardware each time they launch it. Microsoft may have even required that, I don't know.

Just a theory.