Tsw: Diesel Duty

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Apr 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

Your wrong there because DTG would still be around and exist, if you dont like the product then go play something else and stop posting irrelevant comments

• Like Like x 12
  2. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

People have been obsessing over the potential demise of DTG and its forebears since 2007! The fact they are still around and seemingly doing well seems lost on them when they still keep posting the same predictions!

• Like Like x 8
  3. Ding

Ding Member

I have yet to visit a game-related forum where a vocal minority somehow doesn't dislike the developer and the game itself they keep playing for some reason.

I just shrug it off - I enjoy TSW as I find it the best running and visually stunning train simulation out there and I am really looking forward to the BR 204!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 14
  4. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I agree it is odd, for some it seems to be personal!

• Like Like x 5
  5. Mikey_9835

Mikey_9835 Well-Known Member

Release date is April 21st.

• Like Like x 7
  6. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

3C1EAC4A-CBB4-43DE-AC3F-2D8547A1323B.jpeg

Well Rivet Games is a 3rd party content for TSW so logically others will do some content by exemple I saw this on YouTube maybe we’ll see some routes/trains from other countries

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

I know that the BR 204 isn't released yet, but I discovered in the puplished youtube and screenshot version, that the left wheel bogie (over the shorter stem) is not placed correctly on the locomotive. It's slightly shifted into the tank. This bug may result because of pre alpha or beta footage or still work in progress. So complain at a high level, but all in all it's a beautiful model and I'm looking forward to finally being able to use it. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Can you add a picture of this i looked at multi youtube videos and can't find this out of place wheel you speak of.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

Of course, here it is! shifted wheel bogey.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. SHINO BAZ

Wow you have great eye sight or a great pc graphic card because all i see is black area,but thanks anyway.

• Like Like x 3
  11. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Remote Control woukd be cool hehe

Anyway can't wait until release and returning to MSB. I like the way this investment still grows and pays off

• Like Like x 3
  12. tokatails08

tokatails08 Active Member

Can you use it on other German routes?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Not yet.

• Like Like x 2
  14. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

I'm having trouble finding where this was mentioned? In the article it only mentions that this will be on MSB. How do we know that this will come to the other routes?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Matt mentioned on his stream yesterday that the BR 204 will only be on MSB for now, it might be some time before it is available on other German routes.

• Like Like x 2
  16. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Mat Said in the TSW livestream on Sunday night (April 13th) that it will only be on MSB.

Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  17. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

The point is, I know this loco from TS 2020 where it was released in august last year and I own it as a model for my model railroad. So I have this eagle look on all specifications... ;)

BR 204 Collage.jpg

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  18. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

It was made by Rivet Games though.

• Like Like x 2
  19. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

There is of course a good reason for this. Usually when a loco is made for one route its use on other routes is through substitution of locos in that route, like most of the German locos, and the previous German loco DLCs. This loco has nothing to substitute for as it has its own specific use and would need extra services to be specifically added into other routes, otherwise it would just be sitting there in an empty yard with nothing to do.

As this is a 3rd party release specifically for MSB, no extra services will have been added to other routes. Who exactly would add those extra services in the future, or indeed for this loco in future German routes, is a grey area due to two companies being involved. We’ll have to wait and see what happens.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

Nope, it was not. Made by DTG and me :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

Good work, a very detailed and beautiful model. Also the driver's cab looks fantastic! The last inspection date (see texture) is from June 2018, so I guess it's a modernized V100 by Alstom in Stendal, because the engine also sounds like a modern CAT engine. The modders out there will probably build their DR version again, but I like this version. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  22. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Just posted on Youtube from Rivet Games

• Like Like x 7
  23. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

It seems that the "Devblog" video referenced by Michael Newbury above disproves your "discovery".

• Like Like x 3
  24. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Very impressive modeling techniques! Even more impressive, perhaps, is the narrator's ability to switch between German and English almost in the middle of a word.
    Rivet is already taking pre-release orders for this exciting new DLC ($19.99). Would buying from them be any different than buying from DTG via Steam?

• Like Like x 2
  25. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

As I mentioned, it was work in progress footage. So with this detailed insight into the development process of the locomotive we are finally looking forward to the finished version. Of course it is a very complex process to convert a very detailed 3D model into the UE4 (with all its moveable parts and animations) and I learned something about Substance Painter. Thanks to Rivat Games for this insight!

• Like Like x 2
  26. SHINO BAZ

On release day do you think rivet games game could easily correct this miss Aline wheel issue?Is it really so bad that it makes buying it on release day a bad idea,i hate to think the 1 st 3rd party offering could be ruined by a minor misalined wheel issue.like i already said before all i see is black around the truck/wheel area,so i'm not sure how far it might be off.

• Like Like x 1
  27. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It won’t be like that in the release. Everything will be in the right place.

• Like Like x 2
  28. SHINO BAZ

Rivet games made this db gr 204 loco also for TS as well hows the wheel/boogies look on it?either way i have already seen many other graphical glitches in tsw that are more jarring then this sounds.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  29. Maik Goltz

That is not right. The TS1 BR204 was made by DTG and me, not Rivet Games.

• Like Like x 1
  30. SHINO BAZ

If DT and you made the br204 for TS1 why wouldn't you be the ones to make a tsw version?

• Like Like x 1
  31. Maik Goltz

Good question, i asked that too, but have no answer yet :D

• Like Like x 2
  32. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

Very disappointed with this new dlc only 7 services and 3 scenarios will probably still get it as it's a step in the right direction and I like the idea of third parties joining in shame can't go on the main line

• Like Like x 2
  33. Wieczorek

Wieczorek Active Member

I am Happy with new DLC.We give chance Rivet Games

• Like Like x 2
  34. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

Only 7 services. Really? And you can't do free shunting either, as Lohr and the Docks have automatic junctions and signalling...

• Like Like x 2
  35. Scotrail156467

I'm always open to give them a chance as I said it's a step in the right direction

• Like Like x 2
  36. SHINO BAZ

I hope theres a free play option,like the csx and cn rail has.

• Like Like x 2
  37. Scotrail156467

Unfortunately there is not as matt said in the stream last night

• Like Like x 1
  38. One filth after another. The Loco is well made, but at this point it is equivalent to a static model to be kept in a showcase. The most disconcerting thing is that DB BR 204 is sold as a separate DLC, but if a user is not in possession of MSB it will not appear in TSW.
    But are we kidding here?

• Like Like x 3
  39. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

There really need to be more Services for Shunters. All the shunting DLC came with a disappointing number of services.
    If not that, than compensate it with Scenarios. But only 3 Scenarios and 7 Services is just too less imo.

• Like Like x 4
  40. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

I find it a bit disappointing as well. Such a beautiful model with so much new possibilities wants to be driven! ;)
    Assuming there is about 1 hour of play in each scenario and service (which is a bit optimistic) you have seen everything of this DLC in 10 hours... this reminds me of a beautiful supercar not being driven but locked in a garage ;)
    I would also have thought that adding services is not so much work in comparison to the actual modelling...
    Well. Maybe there will be more in the future so that this nice piece of work gets all the kilometers which it deserves. :)

• Like Like x 1
  41. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I can’t see myself getting much use out of this DLC with 10 services in total on one route so it would just be a collectors item for me too. Switching is not my favourite thing anyway. The Caltrain switcher was better value for me, despite only being on the one route, because it came with some mainline action and a couple of extra services for the main train in on the route (the celebration train). There is scope for this to be used elsewhere so it may become better value in the future and it does look very well made. Fingers crossed and wait for a sale.

• Like Like x 3
  42. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Seriously, that's all you get to do with it?! I definitely won't be buying this at full price - it'll need to be heavily discounted and have some additional service layers added to other routes before I spend on that. They clearly put a lot of time and love into the model, so why release it with so little to do?

• Like Like x 8
  43. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

Nope, there isn't have fun with all 7 services

• Like Like x 2
  44. Scotrail156467

I understand it's very disappointing but at the end of the day it's the step in the right direction with third parties plus they did listen to the community by adding a German shutter but it's a shame that you can't do much with it but I'm still going to get it to support them

• Like Like x 1
  45. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

I can't reconcile "disappointment" with "step in the right direction".

• Like Like x 6
  46. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I see what you're saying, but I feel like £11.49 is a lot to pay for so little play time. If they add service layers to other routes later on, that might improve, but I'd rather wait for that to happen then make the purchase - I've been disappointed before!

• Like Like x 6
  47. kikelj.blaz

kikelj.blaz Member

I was very interested to buy it before yesterday stream. But than I saw there are only 10 sevices in total and now I am 100% NOT buying it.
    It is sad to see add-on with such potential on every route being added only to MSB with amount of services not worth mention (I was already dissapointed with shunter sevices on NTP). I would like devlopers of this add-on to add at least more services for MSB or include it into more routes.
    Now it is not worth even half of its price.
    Btw loco looks great good job Rivet Games.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  48. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

It doesn't have any effect on mainline freight for MSB either! I suppose it's still better than the 08 for TVL...

• Like Like x 2
  49. deki32

deki32 Well-Known Member

My inner concerns basicaly are confirmed with this DLC release. We really cannot blame Rivet Games for lack of services or scenarios. That is purely on DTG and the hilariously bad way TSW is built from the ground up. To even think that a “next gen” Train Simulator in 2020 does not have free roam is beyond ridiculous. Of course, DTG devs just shrug that fact of by saying “ooohhh we are so sorry. Our game has automated switches and signals. Nothing we can do”.... So nobody thought about maybe adding an override option so people can take any loco and drive i to any spot on the map where there are railroad tracks? 3rd part devs can only do so much. They work with what DTG supplies them which is sad to say the least. And as always, i am waiting for the generic Pecoraro debunk™ comments that don’t add anything to the overall discussion. Cheers

• Like Like x 4
  50. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

So was it DTG that implemented a ridiculously short amount of services and scenarios bundled with this DLC or Rivet Games?

Either way, you certainly won’t be getting much use from this add-on.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.