Door Control And Passengers In Darkness,

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Ewan Whiteside, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Ewan Whiteside

Ewan Whiteside New Member

Hi All!

Just settling into playing Train Sim World in my Covid Quarantine - It's nice to have a lot of time with the game! I'm currently playing Peninsular Corridor, and it's very enjoyable! The Baby Bullet is by far my favorite train in the game; until they make an P42 and Superliners (Hint Hint!). The route is terrific and the locomotives are feature rich and immersive.

However, I have a couple of points / queries.

Passengers in darkness: I often like to ride as a passenger in all of TSW's routes. I enjoy seeing the beautifully modeled interiors. Dovetail have clearly worked hard with UE4 to finesse the feeling of being a 'virtual passenger'.

One of my observations is that all trains are in darkness when they spawn into the game. This means all AI trains and the players train never have the lights on. Sadly, this negatively shadows the amazing modelling and texturing work done inside the carriages, as UE4 makes poorly lit areas very dark. I was wandering if this was a bug on my behalf, or if anybody else has noticed it? I find it very off-putting sadly, as I don't find it realistic as a passenger, having to break into the locomotive's cab to turn the saloon lights on. It would be nice to see these pre lit upon loading the game. Pictures below show passengers struggling to see.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Baby bullet Door Controls
    When in the Nippon-Sharyo Gallery cars that game with the base DLC for the Peninsular corridor, I'm able to control the doors of the whole train from any doorway by inserting a key and pressing the corresponding button (I love this!!) Image below shows this.

[​IMG]

However, when in the baby bullet, the in carriage door controls in the Bi Level Bombardier coaches seem... well... unfinished. The control panels have no function, and look as if they're missing buttons and indicator lights. This is a real shame, as i enjoy practicing unrealistic Driver Only Operation by letting myself into a car and opening up all the doors from one control panel. Is this an oversight on Dovetails behalf? Or have Caltrain removed these buttons in real life? (Image Below Shows this)
    [​IMG]

The door controls in the Bombardier Cab Car have full functionality (For only the Right doors) and the panel is deactivated using switches on the dash in the cab car.
    [​IMG]
    This makes me wander even more why the other control panels, including the one on the left of the Cab car, aren't functional.
    [​IMG]

Anyway! I'd love to hear any comments or see this fixed by DTG.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Trim

Trim Active Member

Not all of them, which makes it seem even more daft. Locomotive-hauled trains on Northern Transpennine have the lighting on, so if DTG can do it here, then why not with other trains? Even in Northern Transpennine, the class 101 multiple units don't have lighting turned on.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Ewan Whiteside

Ewan Whiteside New Member

It's certainly quite daft!