Baseless Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by raildan, Aug 16, 2018.

1. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Hmm...since third parties are now getting involved with DTG and dlc planning, does this mean:D that we’ll finally get the routes we’ve always wanted? I know DTG released the editor software for beta testing to the third party devs, so if they’re now getting involved with full projects, we might see more of the stuff most of us has dreamed for the last 2 years in TSW;)

• Like Like x 2
  2. MetrolinkF125#916

Which is: routes from other countries, longer, 60+ mile routes, heavy haul freight, modern UK/US commuter rail, many NYC lines such as metro north, heavy haul freight locomotives:D

• Like Like x 1
  3. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Is this the same editor that doesn't exist, wasn't being worked on and was just some sinister fabrication by DTG according to quite a few posters on here who have gone quiet on the subject?!

Anyway it is good to see third party creators getting involved, hopefully many more will do.

• Like Like x 3
  4. theorganist

But what are these things we have dreamed of, some prefer modern routes, some prefer older diesel routes, some are very much holding out for steam? I suspect there would be as many different opinions are there are posters.

Obviously we all want good quality, interesting routes which keep us returning to them, which personally DTG have managed with most of them so far with a couple of exceptions.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I think the quality and playability are key here. This is an opportunity for the third parties to go, "Ok, we've seen what people are asking for, so here's our first offering - it's min 100km long, super detailed, new passenger and freight locos, etc etc" and set themselves up as the go-to supplier of top quality DLC. If it's just on a par with DTG's stuff, but with a different name on the box, it'll be a missed opportunity. It's pretty hard to judge from the TS2020 posts what the quality of each DLC is like (I don't have it to play) because they all look pretty basic in the old engine. It's a blank slate - their time to shine!

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

I think the route doesn't necessarily needs to be 100+ km long, but the word I would use is "complete".
    Current DTG routes feel like a tech demo versions.
    Brighton - Eastbourne as a tech demo of Brighton - Hastings (- Ore - Ashford)
    Oakwille as a tech demo of Toronto - Buffalo
    HRR as a tech demo of Mönchengladbach - Dortmund

If I were to describe what a complete route is, it would be Peninsula Corridor. Sure, it's missing the part to Gilroy, but owning every DLC for the route, you get stopping, limited and express passenger services, some freight, switching and special moves.
    WSR is also what I consider a complete route because it has logical end points.

• Like Like x 8
  7. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

Well I'm at ease as when they announced the dlc it said coming soon to pc, ps4 and Xbox so all good

• Like Like x 2
  8. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Ah I see, I am still hopeful, but whenever they upgrade the core engine we’ll all be waiting

• Like Like x 2
  9. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

100% agree.

• Like Like x 5
  10. lucas_5_5

lucas_5_5 Well-Known Member

100% agree too. I think something like this should be the standard. Scince then, they are making smaller products, and i think its because they need to sell at some regular basis. Like i said on other thread, its a good news that thrid parties are working on TSW, so DTG can spend the time to make routes like Peninsula Corridor, -where you got that feelling of a complete route- while earning some extra money from those third parties Dlcs

• Like Like x 3
  11. theorganist

Yes very much agree with that, it isn't so much length but believable start and end points. I like ECW, it is very well detailed and the 377 modelled nicely but I am now fed up just driving up and down the two lines included, an extension to Ore would be very welcome.

I don't tire of NTP or TVL though, possibly because there is much more variety of the types of trains you can drive on the routes and there is more DLC for these routes.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

What routes might be in TSW 2021?

Based on last year's package, we may have already seen the contents of this year's summer release.

TSW 2020 contained CSX and GWE as the base of the game, then included LIRR, NTP and MSB, which had all been released in Q4 of 2018 and Q1 of 2019.

This raises the question of whether it is economical to hold off on buying the most recent releases and look for them in a discounted package this summer.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Unless it's something you absolutely want right then, always hold off for a sale. Same as anything in life really

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

If the pattern is going to repeat itself, the 2021 edition will contain:
    - UK - Brighton to Eastbourne
    - NA - Oakville
    - GE - Duisburg to Bochum
    - 1 new deluxe edition route

The deluxe route is going to be a German one by a simple elimination if DTG is continuing their route development pattern:
    - they already did a NA route for deluxe version (Peninsula Corridor)
    - UK route should be coming next in May or so
    - German route should come after that in July/August
    - TSW 2020 was released in the middle of August

• Like Like x 3
  15. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

I agree with Cael that they’re not complete, Hagen to Siegen was i think not bad for passenger services but I think they need to explore what players actually want.

Freight operations make sense if there’s a reason to be taking freight, with UE4 it can do so much more. Moving cargo to the cargo ship? Taking the petroleum to the nearest refinery, transporting electrical goods that get offloaded.

Passenger situations that happen randomly, train faults, i mean why is it a simulator if these don’t happen? There’s never a signal you need to tab and pass due to a fault.

Some more scenarios would be nice, so I hope the third party devs can be left alone to make a really outstanding experience.

• Like Like x 1
  16. MetrolinkF125#916

Hmm...they might add SFJ to the pack since it was one of its most popular routes, they always add the most popular routes in the new game:)

• Like Like x 1
  17. MetrolinkF125#916

Since in TSW 2020 they basically rebuilt the entire core and appearance, does that mean they’ll do it again this year? Maybe with new features too, pls animated RR crossings:)

• Like Like x 1
  18. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

and maybe they’ll extend the lirr route to Huntington or Port Jefferson when the editing tools are available.

19. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

They have their tools already.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

SFJ "full house" edition (base route + Baby Bullet + Switcher) would make more sense than Oakville, but they already used it for TSW 2020 deluxe.
    But who knows, these base-line packs are meant to attract new customers, so doing a "TSW best of" edition would be more appropriate.

And CSX:HH would be included as well, since it's part of the base game.

Only time will tell.

21. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

I have noticed that the draw distance is better with the recent updates but the weather needs improving now, rain looks terrible! And it can be done, improve the engine because TML did it with FBS and TBS not too long ago.

I did forget however that the LIRR only goes to Hicksville not Ronkonkoma, been more enjoying TS2020 as of late since moving to an SSD, TSW2020 however peforms the exact opposite, it’s laggy more so than TS2020

22. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

Oh awesome when a third party release a lirr route like the ronkonkoma Route or Babylon would it be a Dlc or from the editor.

23. Mikey_9835

Mikey_9835 Well-Known Member

I'm gonna make a prediction and say that alongside TSW 2021 there will also be "Train Sim World: CalTrain Edition" featuring Peninsula Corridor, the baby bullet and the switcher.

24. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

The poll that I created shows that improvements to the weather and visuals is the most popular request amongst updates to the core game.

• Like Like x 2
  25. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Here’s a crazy thought...

I would like to see more passion from DTG, for TSW. Spending more time on a route than before. Going against business and focusing on quality.

Is that too much to ask? What is this platform for anyway? It is a crazy baseless speculation after all.

26. Anthony Pecoraro

I’m sure the devs do their best with the time that they have.

27. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

Nope.

[​IMG]
    Screen by Nickhawk.

• Like Like x 4
  28. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Maybe the area has subsidence issues.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Anthony Pecoraro

I think that area does irl actually.

30. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

If that's what it looks like in real life, then I think there might be bigger issues regarding structural integrity ;)

31. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Yeah..that’s just lazy asset placing and ground modelling...

• Like Like x 3
  32. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I think this is closer to the truth than subsidence issues in that area IRL.

• Like Like x 1
  33. deki32

deki32 Well-Known Member

Anthony Pecoraro gotta do what Anthony Pecoraro gotta do. Cheers

• Like Like x 3
  34. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

I wont repeat myself but I find Anthony at times a little .... :-D

I am positive DTG can do a lot better than currently. We the paying customer would like to see more for the 24.99, this quarantine period means there’s that reduction in travelling to work, seeing as they have all this time to do 2 hour streams, that would be best served spending two hours each of them, putting TSW to the simulator level we thought it should of been. Simugraph sounds amazing, CSX showed us what it can do but since then it’s fodder.

Come on DTG. If TML can make puddles and rain look really authentic what’s happening to TSW.

• Like Like x 1
  35. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

Could be worse, could forget the entire city of Koln.....wait a minute!

• Like Like x 1
  36. Anthony Pecoraro

The stream was on Sunday...

• Like Like x 1
  37. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Anthony “the officially unofficial DTG fanboy/spokesperson/forum know it all” Pecoraro.

• Like Like x 2
  38. theorganist

This thread is getting a bit like the school playground!

• Like Like x 8
  39. theorganist

I would respectably suggest that maybe you should apply to work for DTG if you are so sure of your knowledge of what they should be doing?

• Like Like x 2
  40. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Calm down guys ;-)

• Like Like x 3
  41. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

theorganist the humour was lost on you sir. Forever serious.

• Like Like x 1
  42. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

Let's get back on track and speculate what the next piece of content might be ;)

• Like Like x 2
  43. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

Kings Cross to St Pancras, but they forget the London skyline. and you have to walk.

• Like Like x 1
  44. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

I could imagine a BR blue era route or modern overheard electric route for the next UK route addon. I would like both. My favorite at the moment would be a HST125 in BR blue.

45. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

A British route with overhead electric lines would be very welcome. As much as I love BR Blue, let’s hang off for a while. Two out of the last three British routes have been BR era. But beggars can’t be choosers and any new British route will be a welcome addition.

• Like Like x 2
  46. theorganist

I wonder if it might be another part of the Great Western mainline, maybe the Exeter to Paignton section. The HST and 166 could both be re-used.

Personally I would love another BR Blue route as we were so starved of them in TS1, they probably have enough stock to make a BR period part of the Great Western mainline apart from possibly needing a new DMU

• Like Like x 3
  47. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I’d like to see another section of the GWM added but wouldn’t want to see both the 43 & 166 again. Are there other locos which could replace the 166 and bring back an updated 43?

48. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

During the stream on Sunday somebody suggested in the comments that we need the original blue and yellow fronted BR era HST, and Matt replied listing all the things that needed to be altered from the GWR HST to do that, in the kind of detail that made me think that they had actually been doing it. So my guess is that a blue and yellow fronted HST is coming in a route soon.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  49. Trim

Trim Active Member

WSR?

50. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Possibly. Or a new route that needs it, and then also playable in WSR.

• Like Like x 1