Multiple Save Slots

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by pschlik, Oct 11, 2017.

1. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Title says all. I frankly find it unacceptable that we are in 2017 here...and we can't save more than one scenario. And DTG has not bothered to do anything with that. As we add more routes...saves actually being useful might be a good thing to figure out. Or else it'll end up like TS17 where nobody cared about saves, and as such, nobody bothered to make things work after a save and a load. You use it or you lose it, as they say, and it's like TSW has already lost it in terms of save games.

• Like Like x 11
  2. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

Yeah the save & reload is now useless. Reload messes up the game and AI get stuck everywhere, would be nice to go around, drive a train and save where you are right now and the next day continue... but this is not working and i dont think DTG is able to fix this in the future.

• Like Like x 2
  3. BenDragon81037

BenDragon81037 Member

Multiple save slots are nessessary simply because I have CSX HH and GWE, with only one save slot shared between the routes.

This is unacceptable for 2017.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Absolutely agree that one save slot between two route is totally inadequate. To be honest I would say that just having one save slot per route is also inadequate as I think two slots is the bare minimum required. An better alternative might be to have a pool of slots that can be shared between routes since as time goes on some early routes are unlikely to be used as much as later routes.

5. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Having a limited number at all is sorta pointless. There is literally no reason to not have infinite save files other than disk space as there's no technical limitation to the saves themselves at all! You can have multiple save games in the same folder, but the game will only look at one of them with the exact correct name. I don't know why it would be so hard to just add a extra menu to let you choose a name for the save file when saving it, then let you pick a save to load instead of always saving and loading the same file name.

Imagine having a word processor where you could only load and save files with one name, and to actually keep the stuff for later, you have to print the document, or manually go in and rename the files. It's silly.

• Like Like x 2
  6. BenDragon81037

BenDragon81037 Member

I've been thinking about whether to mention this or not.

Expanding my previous post, did you know that if you save a save on the UK route, then resume a save on the CSXHH route, you spawn on the UK route?

7. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I'm all for multiple save slots -- is there something about TSW's programing that argues against this?

8. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

This should definitely be added, especially now there are two routes

• Like Like x 1
  9. Canis_Lupus

Canis_Lupus Member

2020 and 11 routes later.... Still one Slot for all :-/ 1 per route would be nice but one for all routes... :mad:

• Like Like x 2