Cn Maple Leaf Motoring

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by peterg1002612, Feb 20, 2020.

1. peterg1002612

peterg1002612 Member

can't get the locomotive gp9rm to go after picking up second rack of cars

• Like Like x 1
  2. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

Did you set your fuel valve to "freight"? It's the little switch right under the automatic breaks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. peterg1002612

peterg1002612 Member

yes the fuel valve was set to freight. Manged to do it had to reinstall cn

• Like Like x 1
  4. daviddaz

daviddaz Member

Another bug . Seemed to work after I saved it then exited the game and reloaded

• Like Like x 1
  5. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Check if EOT pressure is rising after coupling, if not, than uncouple first 5 cars and repeate the action.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Hey thanks was having the same issue and that totally worked! I never realized the EOT was even functional.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

Thanks much for posting this fix... even though I didn’t have the BP issue at the rear of the train (I still have to verify that), I uncoupled then recoupled the first 5 cars and this resolved my issue.

• Like Like x 1
  8. JohnnyK98

Wow, now I'm having the same issue. I've recoupled twice now, to no avail. :(
    I'll keep trying. My wheels keep spinning!

EDIT: I uncoupled every single tank car, and recoupled them. Is this something that happens in real life too? Like the air pressure or whatever don't lock properly?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Stockton Rails

Not sure if zero brake pressure at the back of a train happens as a result of just coupling-up in real life... maybe one of the real railroad folks here can answer that question. As far as Maple Leaf Motoring is concerned, people here (in other threads) have reported a variety of fixes for this same issue... sometimes a game restart, or making sure the Banking radios are on, or uncoupling and recoupling cars can all resolve the issue- and this issue affects multiple platforms as well.

It definitely smells like a bug to me... DTG really needs to look into this- it can’t be that hard for them to have someone do 5-10 passes through this scenario and try to reproduce the problem. I might have to open up a formal ticket with them on this... if I do, I’ll update this thread as we move forward.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. JohnnyK98

What's interesting is that, the only times I've ever had issues with this DLC is in the scenarios. The rest of the journeys are completely fine and run smooth.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Stockton Rails

I just opened up a ticket for the loco speed issue after coupling cars in Maple Leaf Motoring (I mentioned doing this in my prev post). I suspect this is already logged as a bug- will keep everyone posted once I hear back from support.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Stockton Rails

Just updating this thread: I opened up a ticket with DTG a few days back on this Maple Leaf Motoring issue, and it has now been logged as an issue to be reviewed. I also included links in my ticket to show that all platforms (PC, PS4 and Xbox) seem to be affected by this issue, though it doesn’t seem to affect all users of those platforms. I have no idea when this issue will be resolved, nor can I see the priority or current status DTG has attached to this ticket (they’re both marked as private)... but at least we seem to be heading in the right direction.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. BLRy

BLRy Well-Known Member

Just ran this scenario for the first time and not a single problem. It must be fixed in game now.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Captaintraincrash

Captaintraincrash Active Member

Too heavy?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Stockton Rails

Thanks for the feedback... you might try it at least twice more to verify it’s been fixed, I’ll test it again today too. Just curious- how slowly do you couple-up to the second set of autoracks in the main yard?

• Like Like x 1
  16. BLRy

BLRy Well-Known Member

I believe I hit them at about 2.7 and decreasing with initial braking engaged.

17. Stockton Rails

I finally ran a couple more tests today, and it does look like BP at the rear of the train drops to near-zero after coupling up the initial 5 autoracks to the large group in the main yard. I’ll run more tests tomorrow (to carefully track the reported BP step by step)... but in each test for me today, a simple uncouple and recouple to the large group of racks restores the pressure at the back of the train.

• Like Like x 1