Fishing Sim World This Game Is Dead!

Discussion in 'Content and Feature Requests' started by trainedbyrambo, Apr 11, 2020.

?
  1. YES

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. NO

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. ABSOLUTELY NOT

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  1. trainedbyrambo

trainedbyrambo New Member

Obviously we are getting the good Ol Dovetail Games treatment with Fishing Sim World a game which had great potential to men and women who love fishing different species around the world. With the news of the new Carp and Course game "The Catch" it's only safe to assume that Dovetail Games will follow there normal as they did to Euro Fishing and now Fishing Sim World and take the money they made from the mediocre games and bail on them as soon as they come out with a new game that is copy and paste with a shiny new price tag. Unfortunately all hope I had for this game is lost due to Dovetail Games record of doing this exact thing multiple times with there games. I really wish they actually cared about there community and the games then just making more the profit from bad DLC's. I will not support there business model of just putting out buggy games they obviously cannot patch or make better and then just sending out a game good enough to make a few bucks then ditching it to make another game for us to spend more money on.
    You should be ashamed of yourself Dovetail Games.

• Like Like x 1
  2. jspoon322

jspoon322 Member

I won't touch the new game for the reasons you mentioned. Although it's beautiful it truly lacks the simulation feel. It's awfully close from what we have to choose from, on consoles anyway. I will be waiting to see what comes with the next gen consoles. I hope someone releases something, like if FSW and Ultimate Fishing Simulator had a baby. Meanwhile I will plug away at the lakes in FSW.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  3. trainedbyrambo

trainedbyrambo New Member

Here is to hoping that either Rapala or Bass Pro Shops actually make another game since they obviously know how to make a decent and fun fishing game due to there past games.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

There are many reasons not to want to buy this game but my own one is I don't want to catch more UK coarse fish. nor troll around US lakes catching bass. I wanted exotic international species from around the world. I've done all of the carp etc the last two titles. I thought we might be getting somewhere when FSW went to more exotic places but now back to square one.

• Like Like x 2
  5. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

I'm getting back into Fishing Sim World right now. It's a "maybe" for me. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  6. The_Dream79

The_Dream79 New Member

I’m not I big fan of Bass Fishing so I’m all over The Catch but I do understand people’s frustration.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pdiggy75

Pdiggy75 Member

Its highly likely that I won't buy The Catch because of DTG track record of not fixing bugs and other issues. Also I yearn for something different like sea fishing for big game - Marlin, sharks, rays, and other sport fish. Tired of bass and coarse fish

8. D3VILDOG8541

D3VILDOG8541 Active Member

I'm sure I will buy it. I hear what ya'll are saying, at least when it comes to FSW: Pro Tour. I had hoped to see them continue to introduce new locales and fish species. I'd love to see open water, deep sea fishing in a game! I personally don't mind the Carp fishing, even though I truly hope that 'The Catch isn't just Carp & Europe fishing. What little info we do have, it sounds like different countries & a leaning towards the rare/exotic species will be their focus.
    I think that they have done good with their game development process. I don't think that it's very fair to say, 'they cut & run'. What companies out there have a support cycle these day that extend beyond 2 yrs? Besides the 'free to play model games which to me are the absolute worse! The other fishing games we get are stripped down or ported versions of mobile games that give you the bare bones game. Then they charge ridiculous prices for dlc bundles, and have endless micro transactions in the game itself.
    Look at the amount of effort that went into putting out FSW: Pro Tour, seriously! The license deals for the in game products & companies, the name use for the Tour professionals, the locations. They added a full blown career mode and rolled it out mid cycle. These are not small things to accomplish or put together! Especially if you're not a massive company with multiple worldwide studios & deep pockets. C'mon guys give credit, where credit is due! There is some fair criticism of game mechanics, multiplayer issues for sure. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water as they say.
    Support the few companies that actually try to make games that they have a passion for, that there are other really passionate players that want these types of games & very few other companies are making. If they do make them, how many are good, quality games? How many are just poor ports of a mobile game, that REALLY are ONLY made to make as much money as possible & then RUN? Just my opinion.