PC [solved]mastery Challenge = Lost Connection

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by VION, Apr 13, 2020.

1. VION

VION Active Member

Hello each time on loading screen to mastery challenge that tell me Lost connection and also when trying to connect via the DTG icon but less often. What to do to avoid this annoying Lost connection message please?

2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I also get this from time to time there isn't much that can be done to prevent it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

It happened to me a lot during the latest week or two.

• Like Like x 1
  4. VION

VION Active Member

Could it be possible something wrong from Steam? I cleared the download and browser cache from Steam parameters but nothing fix this lost connection. What it is strange when connecting via the DTG in game icon sometimes that works and another time that fail with the lost connection message. That happens randomly. Not very important but I love when all is working as expected.

Thank you very much for your reports as i'm not the only one.
    Cheers
    Gerard

• Like Like x 1
  5. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I do not think the issue is with Steam, I believe the issue is with Dovetail Live at times not keeping connection. I noticed when going to the website and logging into it to view my mastery at times is very slow to bringing up what I want to see.

6. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

I'm quite sure there is no relation between the DTG live system and steam at all.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

It's not Steam, it's the DTLive website connection. The whole of Mastery is a mess, it follows that the server they put it on should also be entirely unfit for purpose!

8. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

I once thought this happens when there is an update for TSW downloaded and installed, then I thought it has something to do how long you didn't log in ... nothing is true.

I play daily, no recent updates since HRR fix but find myself logged out almost daily, too. At least in the last 7 days it's getting "worse" so maybe maintenance @ DTG

9. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I suspect people are finding themselves with more time than usual and returning to TSW more, creating more server load. More data flying around for the Mastery server to miss, break, or otherwise mess up, and more unnecessary logging people out when it has to restart from a crash!

10. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

This happens to me more times than it actually works. Not only is there a delay waiting for it to load, but I’d say 75% of the time it doesn’t even work.

I don’t even bother waiting for it to load now. It’s a buggy fragmented mess.

11. VION

VION Active Member

Well then tonight everything is functional but I lost all my Tier 2 levels that I had managed to finish in total. What's all this mess?

PS. now all my Mastery Challenges are reset to 0 what happens ?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  12. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

I'm have encountered the tier 2 level being "locked" for MSB today. I'm assuming that they're up to something - but there's no announcement that I can find...

• Like Like x 1
  13. VION

VION Active Member

Yes probably something to be updated Myself I have all the progress bar in green fully to the right but also locked for Tier level 2 and all achievements reset to 0 while the progress green bar are fully to the right side. That is the same for Tier level 1.
    I submitted a ticket support to kayakoo.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  14. VION

VION Active Member

Hello, Hi,

Today all seems resolved and fixed on my side. I log in to the game and all my Mastery challenges are well displayed with Tier 1 and 2 done for the four routes. No Lost Connection message and all is working fine. Thank you DTG and the dev staff to have fixed this issue.
    Have all a nice and cool week end.
    Friendly
    Gerard

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 3