Realistic Quickdrive

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by QO1922, Apr 15, 2020.

1. QO1922

QO1922 Member

Hello,

I want to propose to DTG to create a realistic (based on a real train drive) Quick Drive, not a simple "from A to B". Something more ellaborated and realistic, checking with real time train schedule according to each company/country: https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/

At the initial station, start on the corresponding platform according to each type of service, also go through the platform/via during the service and add realistic IA traffic.

The key is to create a fast QDto play, as realistic as possible and match it with ThirdRailsMap Tool (RealDrive): https://www.thirdrails.org/thirdrails-map-tool/
    In case you choose a London commuter service, stop on the appropriate platform according to the actual schedule and not take a direct route.

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. Uncle Chuckles

Uncle Chuckles Member

...so like Timetable Mode in TSW?

• Like Like x 1
  3. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

You can do this yourself.

4. QO1922

QO1922 Member

Yes, but with a difference. I want to choose the exact time I want to start, the type of service I want to do and the stations and platforms I want to stop at.

Yes, I'm starting to do this, but doing a "real QD" (with all this involved) takes a lot of time for only 1 route, and I have almost 80 routes on TS2020 (mostly paywere).

5. BeenTrain

BeenTrain Member

You mean like a just-in-time generated QuickDrive scenario, based on f.e. a RTT or ThirdRails timetable?
    Interesting idea.....

Most Quickdrive scenarios are not providing a slow and fast path meaning you can not enter all the stations you want to go.
    Therefor I sometimes choose a Freeroam scenario where you can change your path during driving.
    But that can be a but stressful at times on busy tracks :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. QO1922

QO1922 Member

Exactly, it's just that!

7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

How is that different to a Scenario?

With a Scenario you drive the train according to a Schedule and you call at the stations in the timetable.
    There are many freeware Scenarios available where the Authors have gone to the trouble of checking the times against timetables.

Have you looked for any?

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  8. BeenTrain

BeenTrain Member

A normal scenario is static.
    The weather, time of day and tasks (Schedule) is specific for that scenario and can not be changed without editing the scenario.
    QuickDrive scenario's are more dynamic, you can choose the weather, time etc. However you can not change the path between two points these are also static.
    If you could make the path dynamic (f.e. by entering a timetable which sets the path) you would have a scenario template, which you can use for endless scenario's. (Kind of TSW service mode...)

9. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

You can quickly change the ToD and the weather using TS tools (formerly RW tools)
    The pathing and stop issue is a lot more complex, and I know from bitter experience that messing with such things in a scenario can cause all sorts of weird faults in the dispatcher

10. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If you were able to go in to the Scenario Timetable mode then you might have to change the AI trains.
    What might work with a normal QD might not work if you use another platform at a station for example.
    In that case it would be not much different than a Standard Scenario.

You could use Free Roam with the full choice of trains and the route they go as you are both Driver and Signaller.

Peter

11. BeenTrain

BeenTrain Member

Using Freeroam is a fun alternative indeed.

But it would be a cool feature imo, if you could choose destinations (or upload with a timetable) you want to call at starting a Quick Drive scenario.

• Like Like x 1
  12. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If you add a Timetable with Stop here, go via this junction, travel over this loop it becomes a Normal Scenario.

There is nothing to stop you creating your own Standard Scenario with the train going via the stations and routes you wish .
    You could then clone the scenario and just have a different player train.

I have a Scenario I downloaded for the Chatham Mainline
    The default version is a Diesel Railtour from Swanley to London Victoria running without a station stop but following other trains.
    I have cloned it to become an EMU, an Empty stock train, a Class 73 Special, A Network Rail HST

When I play it I chose what I want to drive.
    No different to your version of a Free Roam with a Timetable attached

Peter

• Like Like x 3