Oakville Subdivision Sounds

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by AnthonyMacNZ, Feb 20, 2020.

1. AnthonyMacNZ

AnthonyMacNZ Member

In both locos you can hardly hear the horn over the bell an when uncoupling you do not hear the air hoses.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Driver8666

Driver8666 Active Member

Why are you using the horn? That whole subdivision has a horn ban in real life. I never use the horn.

3. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

Ashland does to. And those CSX and Amtrak engineers blows them anyways lol. Plus the horn is outright garbage.

4. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

I agree it's very disappointing. So far the one thing I've seen now the Devs don't know how to do properly is; improvise. At this point, I think I'll manage to hear a vacuum cleaner engine sounds from the AC44s (from HH of course) rather than a 2 decade old sound file. Oddly enough I remember that same horn sound used from the earlier Trainz years (from the very first version iirc). They should've definitely have a 2nd-party team working on the Locos if they can't get the sounds or other resources themself. Which sounds better than nothing at this point.

Plus Driver8666, it's a simulator. Pretty much you can do whatever you want to do in there. Even blowing bad horns in no-horn zones.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  5. Driver8666

Driver8666 Active Member

I would do it in a heartbeat to wake people up. Lol. But then again the Oakville Sub has 2 major issues.

6. t.goaslind

t.goaslind Member

Yeah, someone in another post noticed that the horn on both trains made a weird "hiccup" sound when you used them. There is an update coming up on 4/20/2020 and Oakville Sub is on the list, so hopefully that will be one of the issues that will be fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...nice to hear about the upcoming update with possible fixes for Oakville- thanks for posting this.

8. t.goaslind

t.goaslind Member

Just saw the Update list that Dimitri posted. Horn fix did not make it on this update. Very disappointing.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

I saw that too... hopefully some of the issues I’ve run into in Oakville Sub are scheduled to be fixed in the next couple of updates (i.e. issues with Maple Leaf Motoring and Petrochemical Chaos).

10. t.goaslind

t.goaslind Member

Put in a ticket for said Horn issue. Hope the Dev team sees it and work on a fix for it.