Manchester To Bury Trains

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by elarthur, Apr 20, 2020.

1. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

It would be nice to see the Manchester to Bury Class 504 1200v EMUs at Manchester Victoria as they were operating during the era featured in NTP. Not neccesarily for driving but simply for station accuracy. I believe that they terminated on the south side of the station (now used by trams).

• Like Like x 1
  2. Trim

Trim Active Member

The platforms (4 and 5 if I remember correctly) and the third rail is already in the game.

I'd love to see more "background" trains, but I am not sure that DTG can simply add them if the are not fully drivable trains. The only example I recall in the current game is the Windsor and Eton train at Slough, but that's just an ordinary 166 which is already in the game.

Manchester Victoria and Leeds are bereft of trains, but even Huddersfiled is missing the Sheffield/Clayton West and Wakefield trains which, if added, might bring some sense into the quite frankly daft routing of Manchester-bound DMUs via the up main and the crossover in the middle of the platform.

Having said this, even Paddington looks empty most of the time, and nothing should be missing at all here, apart from the Heathrow trains.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

The first mile or so is already built. You can walk through the tunnel under Miles Platting bank and across the viaduct over Red Bank carriage sidings. It might even sell quite well as an add on but at ten miles long there would be complaints that it's too short if it was sold as a stand alone route. As we are told extending existing routes is not possible I think it's unlikely to happen unfortunately.

• Like Like x 1
  4. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Heathrow express/connect are not included, apparently for licensing reasons. On GWE, i think i recall seeing the Marlow donkey and Henley trains as well as the Windsor service. Nothing for Greenford though.