Tsw: Db Br 204 Out Now

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Apr 21, 2020.

1. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

[​IMG]

Climb aboard the detailed DB BR 204 and get to work on diesel shunting duties, as this iconic locomotive is available now for Train Sim World

READ MORE

• Like Like x 11
  2. smash_cze

smash_cze Member

I got this DLC and already tried loco training + 3 scenarios. With a clear conscience I can recommend this DLC to everyone!
    Good job DTG and Rivet.

I am really enjoying it so much. It is pleasure to operate this locomotive between Aschaffenburg and harbor.
    I missed such a DLC in TSW.

I did not notice any serious bug excluding some old dusty well-known TSW bugs. Most annoying there is weird doppler effect sound of engines with double locos. It is spoiling nice engine sound.
    Also there is 10 km/h limit on one meter near switch without warning. It is only one meter long. (Scenario 2) . There are 2 inaccessible sidings on the map on the way to harbor.

And sadly, we don't have at least a simple basic scenario editor. It would be lot of fun if we could place some vagons there and there and setup what we have to do with them and where to bring them. Especialy on this route part.
    I hope this locomotive will appear on other german routes soon.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  3. some1

some1 New Member

I can't see any cab sway in BR 204. Does it work for you?

4. Mighy

Mighy Member

The Loco is really beautiful and it makes fun to run the services between Aschaffenburg and the Docks.
    We waited long for a diesel to visit this area.

But in general there is the typical problem of shunting in TSW.
    I have no problem with the few number of services if they are made interesting. But here (like always) wasted potential.

The run in Lohr is totally obsolete. Neither diverging the consist nor bringing the loco back to the mainlinestation.

The main problem in the docklands is, that the third party developer did not make any freight car or licenced a few made by DTG.
    So most of the runs are feeling a bit obsolete from the sense.
    The dock has big container terminals and a big loading area for logs. There is also a scap yard.
    By using the container cars of RRO or the logging cars of RSN there would have been a bigger diversity in realistic services. By only changing the consists at the loading points and take them back to Aschaffenburg with a headshunt in the docks yard should not have been so difficult to create as a timetable run. But now there is again a number of tracks that are not visited.

Sorry Rivet games. You made a wonderful job with that loco. But as so often, many local freight/shunting services are not well-grounded (but this is a general disease of the TSW).
    In general I have still fun with that, but also I see again the wasted potential.

Best regards to all and please keep healthy in these days!

• Like Like x 7
  5. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Thank you DTG and Rivet Games for bringing the DR V100 to live in TSW. The V12 diesel engine sound is so impressive. I can’t describe how happy I am about the arriving of the DB BR 204 and the ability to use Bayernhafen Aschaffenburg and Lohr industries by train.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

The model and sounds of BR 204 are wonderful, but some of services feel weird. Lohr service is all about moving some waggons from one siding next to the mainline (how did they ever get there, the siding is not electrified?) to another siding like 2 km away. I think we should rather transport the consist all the way from Gemünden and then run the loco itself back to starting point, and then another service should be made where we are retrieving these waggons back from Lohr. This way we will also have possiblity to meet BR 204 in service while driving other train services on the mainline.

• Like Like x 3
  7. smash_cze

smash_cze Member

As i wrote yesterday this DLC is very good. But time of fun is quite short. I did it all in one evening.

1 training + 3 scenarios.. Ok
    But timetable of 7 services is not enough. Or these services should be more complex with more tasks.

Potential of this DLC is a lot bigger.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

This is very nice DLC and I like it.
    Just some little things that I noticed that can be tweaked:
    • texture on lower hinges on loco hud need some dirt as sheets
    • sound of horn is too quiet, lower then SIFA alarm
    • DLC name no steam don't have "Loco Add-On" as others e.g. Train Sim World®: DB BR 155 Loco Add-On

• Like Like x 2
  9. tmsb29

tmsb29 Member

Doesn't this model have some real issues? I got it, and one of the bogies is positioned such that the inner axle clips the underfloor boxes very notably and the locomotive and the wagons clip the overpass on the Lohr branch. These are issues raised by others on here in other places, but haven't seen comment on them in reviews on Steam.

problem2.jpg

problem3.jpg

problem1.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  10. kikelj.blaz

kikelj.blaz Member

First loco is great so amaizing work Rivet Games.:D
    Second to DTG. On route with such a potential you did not use any.:( How many great services you could make if you only turn on your imagination. Come on, really!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

For me the shifted bogie is the most striking detail, but the whole model and its driver's cab looks very nice. It seems that DTG or Rivat Games do not test extensively before the release...

• Like Like x 4
  12. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

The bogie issue is inexcusable for paid DLC. DTG clearly have zero quality control or testing, this is trivial stuff they can't get right or bother fixing.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Rivet made the services/scenarios.

• Like Like x 1
  14. stphstef12

stphstef12 New Member

Bn dlc... mais il y a un bug avec le klaxon qui fait de l’écho !

15. Colmans

Colmans New Member

Many locomotives were rebuilt during their lifespan in order to excel at more specific duties, one such in particular was retrofitted with a 1100 kW engine, and these were classified as the DR Class 114.

• Like Like x 1
  16. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

LOHR Branch line,does anyone think DT never intended this line to be used,because they should have known this overpass was to low for any trains to clear.?

17. some1

some1 New Member

More likely they intended it to be used (they modelled it after all), but they did not test this area as there was no rolling stock on initial release.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Late to the party, but finally got to fire up the 204 last night- i quite like it, the sounds are great and it's fun to drive. The scenery at the Aschaffenburg harbor is nicely done- glad we finally get to see this part of the route.

My only gripe is that it's really hard to see some of the ground level signals from within the cab due to the long hood, but that's pretty minor.

Some more services would be nice, though. Really hope it makes it other to some of the other German routes at some point.

19. Cyklisten

It's like in reality, the only and best thing to do is to lean out of the window to get a better view, take a hat or something if it's too cold ;)

• Like Like x 2
  20. smash_cze

smash_cze Member

I'm wondering if DTG fixes at least some serious bugs in this DLC. We can start placing bets ...

21. Jasper_Rivet

Jasper_Rivet Well-Known Member

Many thanks to everyone that's taken the time to give feedback about the 204. From the very beginning of Rivet we've always strived to produce content of the highest viable quality, and it's great that so people have recognised this in the quality and detail of the 204 loco model.

This was our first TSW product though, and Dovetail's first ever third party TSW content, so there's been a lot of extra complexities to work through, and obviously we've got it wrong in terms of the amount of gameplay.

So we'll fix that. We need to work out with Dovetail what's possible, so we can't give any idea of timescale of when it might be available, but we *will* be adding more gameplay content for everyone that's bought the 204. And even after that update, we will continue to look at other solutions to expand its gameplay.

Some PlayStation players are having problems with PZB which we're trying to get to the bottom of - but unfortunately the problem seems very complex. So it would be really helpful if anyone that's getting the problem could give us as much detail as possible - including what model of PlayStation you're using, which country you're in, which build of TSW, and if you're using any custom third-party controllers, or anything else that could be different about your setup to others.

Please post in either Dovetail Live or the Rivet forums with detail, and link to any screen capture footage of problems happening. This would be hugely useful in helping us understand and fix problems.

• Like Like x 31
    • Helpful Helpful x 6
  22. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

New services

23. jursly

jursly Member

Jasper_Rivet will that mean only more service on MSB or will we see it in other routes?

• Like Like x 2
  24. docsnyder1911

Dear Rivet Games, dear Jasper,
    first of all I want to thank you for developing one of my favorite locos, the DB BR 204.

I play TSW on PS4 and have no problems by using the 204 with PZB and SIFA.

And it was also the right decision to make the 204 usable on MSB first. Because that route needs a diesel most especially for making the track to and the Aschaffenburg port area usable.

If you want to make additional content for the 204, then please do it on RSN. There are some points for unloading action (Hagen Hochschulviertel and Elversingen powerplant).

• Like Like x 2
  25. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

The newest route Huapstreke Rhein Ruhr also includes some areas were this locomotive can be used.
    The DB BR 204 is truly a masterpiece developed same with the other TS trains you (Rivet Games) have produced. There are plans for continued 3rd party support on TSW 2020? Also it is greatly appreciated to see how you (Rivet Games) care so much for your general releases. Do keep making the truly amazing work with trains/routes Rivet Games.

26. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Excellent response from RIvet - thank you. I look forward to seeing how this DLC develops.

• Like Like x 1
  27. SHINO BAZ

I just bought the db204 and after trying it out it really works great,all it needs is to have it's out of position boogie moved forward abit and it should be good for now.But currently it work fine either way and luckly the misalined boogie doesn't affect it currently.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

Isn't there a height problem under a bridge, too?

29. SHINO BAZ

Yes,that to is a problem,because i'm the one frist stated it but i think DT would have to fix that one.

30. fabienlimp95

fabienlimp95 Well-Known Member

This is going into the right direction. Good to see!

• Like Like x 1
  31. Jasper_Rivet

True, but this is something DTG has to fix. Sorry.

• Like Like x 6
  32. Cyklisten

You mean that you can't make the loco, you know, kind of lower? ;)

Attached Files:

• 204.jpg
      204.jpg
      File size:
      200.4 KB
      Views:
  33. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Time to change the scratched record?

I've run across a few comments about adjusting the seats in the 204, but haven't been able to figure out how to do so. Is this a myth or is it possible? (I sometimes like to tinker with features such as this.)

34. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

It is. There are hitboxes on the left of the seat. It can be a bit difficult to find them though.

35. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

5FAB66F2-2406-4A62-9FF4-88A792B666E4.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  36. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

37. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

No idea they didn’t talked about a possible date release but maybe later this month

38. Jasper_Rivet

Thanks for posting it here MYG92 !

At the moment we can't tell you an exact date when the update will be release, publishing something for TSW is way more complex than for TrainSimulator. But we'll keep you up to date!

• Like Like x 12
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  39. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

We appreciate your reactivity !

• Like Like x 1
  40. smash_cze

smash_cze Member

Nice to read that works on DLC update are in progress. I look forward to next ride with BR 204 in updated DLC. Hope this will be soon.
    Thx Jasper!

41. SHINO BAZ

I'm just happy that the db 204 boogie gonna get fixed,all the other items being fixed or added are a nice bonus effort,thx.

• Like Like x 1
  42. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Thanks! Raising the driver's seat 100% makes seeing the track ahead somewhat easier, although opening the window and leaning out is still a better solution. This DLC gets my vote as one of the best available for TSW and knowing that Rivet Games is already working on fixes and new activities is exciting.

• Like Like x 4
  43. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

Im happy that Riviet is listening to their customers.....DTG Doesnt

• Like Like x 5
  44. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

DTG could learn and thing or two from Rivet regarding communication...

• Like Like x 10
  45. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

I'm glad I invested in this particular product. I appreciate the communication guys!

• Like Like x 2
  46. docsnyder1911

Very good news about the 204 update.

And if Rivet Games would create an additional service pack with the 204 for RSN, RRO, HRR and perhaps RT, I would definitely buy it. For me it would have a value like a new route DLC. So I definitely would buy it for such a price.

• Like Like x 2
  47. Cyklisten

RSN and RRO for sure, HRR maybe and RT is hopeless, but as I've stated before, I would paid good for DLC like this, but if we get diesels on the mailnline.

Last edited: May 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  48. docsnyder1911

204 Update Release till end of May:

I found the following post in the Rivet Games forum. Sorry for posting the german version. But in the german version they wrote explizit that they want to make sure, that the update will arrive till the end of May.

"05-20-2020, 08:33 AM

HerrG Leider nicht mehr, da das Update schon in der QA ist. So möchten wir sicherstellen, dass es Ende des Monats bei euch auf dem Tisch liegt.
    Ich gebe das Feedback aber definitiv an die Entwickler weiter, eventuell wird es noch ein zweites Update geben, das kann ich aber noch nicht versprechen.

Grüße Jasper"

I think it's a very good news.

• Like Like x 2
  49. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Google Translate translation:

"HerrG Unfortunately not anymore, because the update is already in the QA. So we want to make sure it is on your table by the end of the month.
    I definitely pass the feedback on to the developers, there may be a second update, but I can't promise that yet.

Regards Jasper"

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  50. smash_cze

smash_cze Member

Any news about update?