PlayStation Unexpected Speed Limits

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Railmaster, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

Sometimes it happens that you are led to a siding at a certain point or take a turn. Here, e.g. only 20 mph instead of 50.

But the HUD says 50 and the PZB / AWS only knows the limit of the track on which you are currently driving. If the route is set, the HUD should at least indicate that a next limit is coming - unless you know the route or location by heart and can adjust to it. Reading the map hardly helps here because there are no limits.

So it seems to me to be a try and error thing, or how do you solve that?

2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Sometimes the HUD is just plain wrong. Like this example from RRO.

It's going to be 62mph. Definitely 62. 62 is coming up. Get ready for the 62. And here the 62 is... 25!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

Just driving NEC again, a really nice track!
    But here are the strangest limits - from 60 to 70, then 55, back to 60 ... You can neither accelerate nor brake so quickly. The best thing to do is just keep the most likely next limit ... So you should turn off a locomotive with a limit of 1 mph !? Hmmm....

4. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

The signal at 0:10 tell you to reduce the speed and the 4 under the signal (4x10 = 40km/h or 25mp/h?) is the max speed for your train from the next main signal (next main signal at 0:22 this aspect tell you that in the next block signal you can find a red, because of double yellow).

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  5. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah, I get that 62mph isn't the speed limit - it's a tight curve into a station so it's logical that the HUD is wrong, but my point remains: the HUD is wrong! :D

6. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

I dont think the HUD is wrong because in the HUD interface you can see (on top-right) the next aspect signal and not the next main signal and again, the speedometer(?) (on bottom-right) usually show the max speed in the line and not the max speed for your train (where sometimes the two different max speed are the same but other times they are not). Try to think about a freight service, line max speed is 160km/h but you PZB 70 train can run up to 125 km/h (also if the speedometer needle show you 160). The same happen also in other DLC like for example GWE, where max line speed is about 120 mph but if you are driver of class 166 or 66 you'll never reach 120 mph also if the HUD speedometer orange needle show you 120 mph the same. And as last since the day one I never used the railway markers so if you talk about that one, I dont know if they working fine or if they are wrong. Lets try to remove them and have fun! :D

Edit: yes, the 62mph on the "red" (next max speed limit) marker maybe looks bugged, also if without the dynamic signal (yellow aspect with the 4 = at next signal reduce to 40kmh or 25mph) the next block max speed is really 100kmh (62mph) and the next one is 50kmh (31mph) but you got the dynamic restrictions so you have to drive at 40kmh or 25mph. But maybe this marker "role" is just to work as static marker: for example when you have the stop at the station (just 1 mile before the start of your video) the max speed limit marker is always set to 62 mph but you know the same that you have the stop at next station (so you have to reduce your speed and stop your train also if this marker is set on 62 mph). So its probably that this marker work like static railway marker for developers choice and not because a bug. Anyway, the only thing I know for sure is that the railway markers add only more confusion to the game, you already got all in the HUD, imo its pretty simple to drive without markers and stay concentrate to catch the railway signals.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
  7. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

I hover somewhere in the middle when I drive the NEC. ;)