Virgin Trains First Generation Pack Loco Add-on

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hellscaretaker, Apr 22, 2020.

1. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker New Member

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Any TSx DLC will work with any version of TSx so yes, it will work

3. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

I've got it- it works fine. The only issue with it that I'm aware of is availability Dovetail having withdrawn it from sale along with all other DLC that included any Virgin branding.

4. hellscaretaker

case of get it where you can being it removed from humble i suppse :)

5. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Indeed. I think you could still get the North Wales Coastal route as part of TS2018 otherwise grab 'em when you can.

6. hellscaretaker

This is my question i posted else where i already have TS2020 could i buy the TS2018 i get that route that way,,,,>? Would i have to unstiall TS2020 and install 2018 then install TS2020 back again?

7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

No. If you buy and install the TS2018 bundle (ie the core game and the DLC that came in that bundle) then the core game will automatically update to 2020 as soon as you connect to steam anyway, so what you wouldn't get is the DLC that are bundled with TS2020
    So effectively if you already have the 2020 bundle, or the routes bought separately anyway, the only thing you're actually getting from purchasing the TS2018 bundle is the DLC licenses for the routes that came with that pack which you don't already own anyway

8. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

If you buy TS2018 and add it to your existing Steam library (i.e. do not uninstall anything) then you will gain the NWC route, Virgin branded loco's/consists and scenarios (and whatever else was bundled with the 2018 release) it will not alter, backdate, break or change in any way your TS2020 install or other purchased DLC's.

In fact you could purchase TS2014 right through to TS2019 if you so wished and gain the bundled items that you haven't already got, you'd have to check each release year bundled game to see exactly what you'd get or already own though.

9. YackSchmitt

YackSchmitt Member

Has anybody actually done this because I also do not have the NWC route but would like it and am considering this method.

10. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Yes, a lot of people have actually done this over the years.
    Early this year there was a Humble Bundle where people could buy TS2020 plus a large amount of add-ons for less that £10.

Even though the base system had been updated to TS2020 I purchased this bundle
    It gives you a code which you activate on Steam using the "Add a Game" button bottom left on the Steam Client.
    Before it started to install it warned me that I would not get another copy of TS2020

What that meant all the extra routes and trains that come with TS2020 would be installed but still using the current set up.
    Basically no different to buying a new loco or route on Steam.

NOTE if you buy the NWC it does not come with the Virgin Locos pack - you would have to buy it separately
    AND the line only goes to Llandudno but not much further towards Holyhead - that was in a separate pack - now withdrawn

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  11. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Yes I did this a few weeks ago with the exact example you want, TS2018 to gain the NWC.

Exactly as Peter has said here, I do not have the Virgin Locos pack (though that's still available separately on HB by the looks of it) nor do I have the NWC extension which has the Llandudno to Holyhead part of the route, I really hope this becomes available at some point or in some way again though.

12. hellscaretaker

I was suprised to find the virgin loco pack and Avia on humble seeing licences has now finished and they had to redraw them from steam. I guess humble had a lot of spare keys left over, it would be a case of get it before all the keys go,

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020