⚠️ Warning: Profile Data Corruption Risk Located - Ruhr Sieg Nord & Db Br 143 ⚠️

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Gronk Honker, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Gronk Honker

Gronk Honker Active Member

Hi all,

I’ve now had profile data corrupt in the very same way twice, so I think we have a repeatable bug on our hands. The affected route is Ruhr-Sieg Nord, and the affected loco is the DB BR 143.

The way to trigger the profile data corruption is to start the DB80207 Hagen-Finnentrop service that appears immediately after the Returning Empty scenario in Chapter 1 of Journey mode. Do this from the main menu. You’ll spawn in the 143 cab. If you then immediately choose to leave the service and return to the main menu, you should get a blue screen game crash, and your profile data should be corrupted.

As I said, I’ve now done this twice, and both times experienced the same blue screen game crash and data destruction.

Happy driving, and honk when you see a Gronk.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Sounds serious. Does this issue affect people on PC....?

3. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

Errr. How does this work?

upload_2020-3-27_16-29-52.png

4. synthetic.angel

If I had to take a guess.... you know - a wild stab in the dark of a guess.... my guess would be that at some point... some data got corrupted.

Even standard third-party Forum software does not work.... when you put it in the hands of DTG..... ;-O

If you ever find yourself in a car, or on a train, or an aircraft... and the person next you to tells you that they work for DTG, then get out as quickly as you can......!

Even if you are at 30,000 feet, then.... well.... just..... find that emergency exit....... because at least if you jump out of the plane, you will have a small chance to live.

5. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

Wow, not good... a reproducible bug that actually trashes data (in this case profile data). I’m glad you made everyone aware of this- please tell me you opened up a ticket for this.

6. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

From what I've seen with my IT experience on PCs, profile corruptions are normally caused by there not being enough remaining disk space on the hard drive. Could this be the cause in your case?

7. synthetic.angel

I am prepared to be corrected if I am wrong.... but most PS4 games, if not all PS4 games completely ring-fence the space that is needed to run the game/software. So you can't "not have enough remaining disk space on the hard drive".. to update a profile, with a PS4. I have never ever seen this happen on PS1, PS2, PS3 or PS4. You might not be able to save a screenshot, if you are at the HDD's limit, but you should be able to do absolutely everything else, including making a save slot, once the game is fully installed.

But there are a lot of (wrong) things that happen with TSW on PS4 that you never ever see on any other PS4 title - it's almost as if every single other developer follows a set of guidelines that Sony provides, including interaction with the hardware and the XMB.... which maybe DTG haven't read yet. This is probably on the To Do list which fell behind the back of the fridge, along with the "Testing Strategy Proposal" that a junior member of staff wrote up about five years ago, before she accidentally electrocuted herself with the kettle, which had an out of date Portable Appliance Testing label on it. Ironic, eh?

• Like Like x 3
  8. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Thanks for this info. I could not load the game, i get then every time the blue screen with error CE-24878-0. I wiped my progress and it would load the game normally. It can be that i played that service/timetable before the bug and with a new update of TSW it would crash every time.

Again thanks for the info and i'm not gonna play that service for a while ;)

9. Deltic00

Deltic00 Active Member

I had a similar issue for NTP, for some reason class 40 wasnt braking heading into Manchester Vic, passed signal at danger, service failed, as i attempted to reload, the game crashed usual CE error code which happens pretty damn frequently on this route (still hasn’t been fixed one year later, even Sony are aware of it now!!!!). I attempt to relauch game, PS alert. Save data corrupted, unable to load save data.. Luckily my PS automatically backed up the save very recently so i was able to recover my save.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Patrick Kolinski

Patrick Kolinski Active Member

Can you please ready my issue looks same as your and help me there please? ( https://tinyurl.com/y8wn2zrf )
    Thank you! ;)

11. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Welp, i got it again. This time i was doing Red Bank Rotation on NTP and suddenly got i the error. I could't open the game, but i did an backup so i have still my process.

Be aware of this issue and its not only in a specific route/service/scenario.

Have a nice day ;) and don't forget; have always a smile while driving :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. Patrick Kolinski

Ahhhh....again? Looks like they really have a problem with this and can't control it...like i said on my situation, they trying...

13. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Sounds weird but i got it again (almost). I was trying the DB BR 204 and it crashed. I got the same error (again), but when i started the game it loaded just fine.

I don't know whats happening but 2 days in a row the same issue is a bit annyoing. :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  14. robinrasquin

robinrasquin Member

Hello, do you know if this crash bug has been fixed?

15. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Hi,
    I don’t know know if its fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Patrick Kolinski

No it's not fixed, some hours ago i talked on a live stream with Dmitri and he said that was PS/Sony problem...that's all...be careful people, just backup your saves.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
  17. Patrick Kolinski

Reallyyyyyy????? ooooh damn...what is going on.....nobody care?