Greenford Services

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Cd1990, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Cd1990

Cd1990 Active Member

Have already lodged a support ticket about this, just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced the same issue.

If I go in and select the timetable for the Class 166, the Greenford services will sometimes now show up but only after accidentally launching a service in journey mode. So I ran the 0825 to Paddington and noticed that the HSTs had 7 coaches (finally!) BUT my service count was at zero and it seemed to ignore my stats. Went out of GWE, went back in and they were gone and my stats were back.

It seems like the scripting is there to load the Greenford services and give the HST's their 2+7 formation, but something is stopping it from working correctly?

The screenshots below were all taken within two minutes of each other, I also reinstalled the base game but to no avail. 8-10-2019_6-06-03_PM-vomfsd4o.png 8-10-2019_6-06-26_PM-3qdsqzth.png 8-10-2019_6-06-15_PM-afxt2ith.png 8-10-2019_6-06-34_PM-34ipvgpl.png

2. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Some others have mentionted that before aswell.
    It seems like its some sort of leftover from the PC Version or they did some testing with more traffic and it somehow made its way accidental in.
    Maybe they will add them in the regular way in the future when they see that it doesnt hit the performance much.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cd1990

Cd1990 Active Member

Thought it had been mentioned before but couldn't recall exactly, cheers. And yeah here's hoping they do as the service I did ran absolutely fine, no stutter or anything especially when I rolled into Paddington.

4. femmerton

femmerton Member

Glad I'm not the only one who knows about this.

5. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

I recently watched a Train Sim TV webcast and they were showcasing the production of rosters on TSW GWR which could be followed giving 'structured' gameplay for several hours.

The forenotes state:

"As Train Sim World comes with fewer services on console, some of the services are not available. However, a workaround has been found to unlock the remaining services. This is as follows:
    1. Launch Great Western Express
    2. Go into Journeys
    3. Select Mainline Driver
    4. Load 1W14 London Paddington to Didcot [Edit Great Malvern vice Didcot]
    5. As soon as it loads, exit back out to the Great Western Express main menu.
    6. Go back into Timetable
    You should now find you have more services to play in Timetable mode! Also, the HST is longer, consisting of 7/8 coaches!
    "

If anybody is interested in trying a slightly different approach to playing TSW the rosters can be found as below.

https://www.vulcanproductions.co.uk/tsw.html

• Like Like x 1