Lack Of Cab Sway In Db Br 204

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Matzo, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Matzo

Matzo Active Member

Beautiful loco, very well realised in game, if not a little light on the content side. Whilst doing some services last night I noticed a distinct lack of any in-cab camera movement, checked my settings and cab sway was on. Has anyone else noticed this?

• Like Like x 1
  2. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Hello,
    I noticed it also, but i thought i didn't turn on. Later i noticed it.

3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I noticed in the live streams that there was no sway at all.

4. Matzo

Matzo Active Member

Shame, because I bet the thing rattles around like mad in real life.

5. RynoHawk

RynoHawk Member

Only slightly related, but I turned my sway off on all routes because I noticed that the graphics stuttered more with it on. Anyone else notice that?

6. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

Sure does or did. DB even restricted the speed of these to 50kmph because of the excessive rocking at speed due to their wheel profiles. Some of these were later modded with ride dampers to allow them to run at 100kmph.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Matzo

Matzo Active Member

Motion Sickness Simulator 2020!!

I wonder whether that might be a reason for it?

I highly doubt it, I assume it's either a miscommunication between rivet & DTG or a case of dev time running out. Either way, I've grown really fond of this loco, needs adding to at least Ruhr-sieg Nord though... The power plant is such a missed opportunity.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...to the point adding to other routes: it is planned to use the BR 204 on other German routes too, but a little later. That's what "Train Sim Matt" meant in the livestreams. To prepare the loco for other routes needs some time too. They have to put together suitable trains for the respective route and must create an appropriate timetable. As you said, the best candidate should be RSN with all its big yards and its power plant. But I also like to see the loco driving some freight trains (individually or in double traction) along an entire route, not only handover service and shunting like on MSB...