Tsw: Marvelous Metropolitans!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Apr 24, 2020.

1. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Yeah it's like the m7 from the future

• Like Like x 2
  2. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

Finally something else for LIRR. Great news. Either that Facebook leak was intentional or not, the steam database had updates for lirr which was fishy

70890102_2481773125211968_4063431380973950331_n.jpg

But... why do they look so flat? Zero shine. Has that "bondo'd" car body look. The whole body is not satin/flat

Hope its not finished yet...

• Like Like x 4
  3. cspencer553.cs

cspencer553.cs Member

So happy about this the LIRR has been needing more rolling stock for a while now.great choice of loco :)

• Like Like x 3
  4. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

I couldn't get much enjoyment out of LIRR when I tried. For me there's not enough action- not very much AI, slow speed limits, it's simply not my type of thing.

Yet I always admired how many people felt different and I'm fascinated about the enthusiasm they put in requests and ideas to make it better.

So I'm very happy for them with the announced M3 yet! :)

And I'm happy for TSW as well - after the release of the 204 and the recent hotfixes this seems to be the third good decision in a row.
    Sure, not everything is perfect yet, but definetely going in the right direction. :cool:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I think the light has caught it strangely on that particular screenshot (compared to the lead screenshot from the article), but it doesn't look too far from what I'm seeing on an image search.

M3.jpg LIRR_Train_2820_leaves_Cedarhurst.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  6. ag.oracle2015

ag.oracle2015 New Member

Finally - oldschool EMU is coming)

• Like Like x 4
  7. LuPatrenX

LuPatrenX Member

From the late 60s through the late 80s, the MTA bought many cars (for both the subways and railroads) with this type of bonnet. However, unlike the subways where the ends of car types R40M (1969) through R68A (1988) are/were painted, the Metropolitan's (M1/M1A and M3/M3A) and Cosmopolitans (M2, M4, M6) are not. That explains the flatness.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Gae14

Gae14 Active Member

LIRR is certainly my favourite route in TSW yet I don't play it as much as other routes for two reasons: poor timetable and lack of rolling stock variety. I am really happy the M3 is coming to TSW and I am really tempted to buy it but it must come with a timetable update. To me this upcoming release seems like a perfect opportunity to make a better timetable and I cannot stress how much I hope DTG have taken this chance.

• Like Like x 9
  9. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

I would be intrested to know if the M3 will Substitute for the M7 or "add another layer of extra services" to the services already available on the route.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Matt has been working on it’s service mode in his spare time. I mean the ACTUAL timetable.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. Jaaymo

Jaaymo Member

M3 .... more service .... more routes ..... like m3s actually heading to oyster bay ..... or far rock away ... I’m just saying

• Like Like x 3
  12. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

It shows that if we push hard enough, and DTG acquire the permissions, things do get done. I am guilty of complaining too, but it shows, LIRR was talked about for months for a new unit - if we end up with an extension and better optimisation around Jamaica, i’d be happy.

Just keep on them, the DTG mystics!

• Like Like x 2
  13. GMB248

GMB248 New Member

This is a great addition to Train Sim World! Hopefully, the train arrives with great sounds and realistic performance. Any DLCs in the New York Area for the future would be great too.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

Wait this means the service mode is going to be updated with more services and more ai traffic?

• Like Like x 1
  15. railstormers

railstormers New Member

From what I’ve heard, ALL electric trains that run on the real-world LIRR (I believe it’ll be based off the weekday schedule) will be represented in-game (660 trains). So we’ll have an actual rush hour, more wrong-railing trains and even trains from other branches not represented in game.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

what it needs is a freight service even if its only AI.

• Like Like x 2
  17. railstormers

railstormers New Member

I’d love to see reskinned GP38-2s on an AI service. They could pull cars from whatever stub in Jamaica to Hicksville Yard, and follow the actual NY&A schedules.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Huntlosen

Huntlosen Active Member

I don't think every ride will be implemented in the game. It would be enough to install all journeys from Huntington to Penn, and as well the Cityzone trains.

I think the diesel locomotive is coming soon, because the Peninsula Corridor also had 2 DLCs in a row

• Like Like x 3
  19. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

Recently, some of the M3's on the LIRR have gotten a little overhaul and TLC, with repainted front bonnets. I am not sure if all the M3's will get their front bonnets repainted. I do like the older worn appearance that they had before the refresh

• Like Like x 3
  20. QNS Chris

QNS Chris Well-Known Member

I've seen a number of cracked / duct taped bonnets on the M3s on my branch (Port Washington) - I doubt they're going to vary the models in TSW, instead using the repainted flat bonnets as you mentioned.

Still - this is exciting!

PS: Spoiler-alert - the bathrooms will be locked (as they are in real-life). You don't want to go in there anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  21. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

they’ve got hunterspoint Avenue and Long Island city in the game maybe in the future it’ll will come.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Huntlosen

Huntlosen Active Member

In the stream, Matt said that the existing trains are only replaced randomly. So I'm not going to buy the DlC. I don't pay for the laziness to create a new timetable to make it more busy and realistic

• Like Like x 2
  23. cabeyxavier

cabeyxavier New Member

This is pretty cool, maybe they'll patch the digital signs on the M7 and station displays as well, it's difficult to know where you're going sometimes and I'd rather not get off of a train from Atlantic Terminal just to go back to Atlantic Terminal

• Like Like x 2
  24. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

I don’t think so as programming destination display take a lot of time and coding.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Huntlosen

Huntlosen Active Member

Never! Stop dreaming it's DTG not Rockstar. On Rapit Transit they don't patch the displays from Talent 2 and on Lirr it will be the same.
    Why you take a train from Brighton just to Lewes? Yes for the feeling. This feeling from a big metropolitan like NC I don't have without many trains.

• Like Like x 3
  26. Huntlosen

Huntlosen Active Member

In reality, you'd face at least 8 trains from Hicksville to Peen. In the TSW it is one or two. Still advertise with a realistic 24-hour timetable mode

• Like Like x 1
  27. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

Great new addon!!!. It has been so long since we saw any content related to the NYC area. Being a worker in the MTA it is very grand and great to see a railroading classic appear on a very great game. (Train Sim World 2020). Is there any plans to add both the M1 and M3 even though the M1 was retired over 10 years ago?. Also the M1 and M3 used to run in mixed consists this would be a great addon to add not 1 but 2 types of EMU traction running on the same train. Another addon could be the new M9 that has started service no longer than a year ago.

• Like Like x 2
  28. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Note: The color difference between the LIRR sticker on the front of the train. Underneath this sticker is the original M logo used in the 1980s as seen on my profile picture.

• Like Like x 1
  29. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

So is this M3 gon help add few more services in timetables and maybe an extra scenario or its gon replace many services already in the game cuz if that's the case, then I'm not wasting money jus to see alternate picks on existing LAZY type traffic routes

• Like Like x 3
  30. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Dovetail Games keep it up making these great trains do appreciate the amount of details being put into these amazing railroading classics. I hope this new train will increase the amount of timetabled services available on the route. I think the amount currently is 181 yes that might sound like a lot but it really is not while being on the route it often feels very lonely with trains passing by every 20-40 minutes.

• Like Like x 5
  31. Louis-MTA NYCTA

The Long Island Railroad addon even though it is old (November 2018) I think it should get more addons to complete its fleet of trains like the Peninsula Corridor over on the west coast.

• Like Like x 3
  32. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

So judging by the live stream of PDL tonight, matt said that the M3 will only randomly replace services of the m7

• Like Like x 1
  33. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

If that's true, than this is a big disappointment.

• Like Like x 4
  34. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

What the lirr needs is a passenger train thats more then a bunch of long boxes on wheels,i know the lirr has trains that use normal looking locos and double decker coaches,why not consider adding them to,someday.

• Like Like x 1
  35. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

To the peeps regarding my comment about them being flat. Im not talking about the front/rear... those were never shiney afaik

The sides is the weird look.

• Like Like x 1
  36. Huntlosen

Huntlosen Active Member

The only hope remains, the m7 timetables will be revised

• Like Like x 1
  37. Scotrail156467

Unfortunately not I think Matt said it's just a sub in to the services already there

• Like Like x 1
  38. MrbKlegend89

M3s or other EMUs only head as far as East Willington...other than that, I'm not buying this add on as a replacement for certain existing services cuz the traffic sucks...but HRR got heavy rail traffic

• Like Like x 1
  39. MrbKlegend89

The rail traffic is horrible ESPECIALLY the Hicksville one...one hour each service??one hour for that boring Penn-Woodside route??...so we stuck with the same boring traffic..what's the point of this smfh..HELLA DISAPPOINTED

• Like Like x 3
  40. Scotrail156467

They would have to extend the route or make a new version of it which I doubt they will as there's no where to go in the map currently at the moment for loco coaching stock

• Like Like x 1
  41. Scotrail156467

I am I a bit annoyed by this myself they say in blog when lirr first came out about Lirr being a realistic 24/7 route but tbh your lucky to see 2 trains in each direction going to the destination

• Like Like x 2
  42. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

Thank you, told you.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  43. MrbKlegend89

24/7 my behind..its wack as hell...plus certain services are terrible...especially with certain tracks used...why is Eastbound service always using track 8 in service timetbales... its corny

• Like Like x 3
  44. MrbKlegend89

Yea but they both operate the same....we still have two GHOSTOWN stations of Long Island City and Hunetespoint Av with ppl on the platforms...we need the DM30ACs...or at least send an EMU to/from Hunterspoint Av

• Like Like x 2
  45. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

If this just replaces the current, dead, timetable, then DTG really have shot themselves in the foot.

This would’ve been the perfect time to update the timetable.

• Like Like x 8
  46. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Aww that's unfortunate I think DTG could add more services like yard moves or interactive maintenance moves at the yarious yards throughout the route. DTG could also add a few special services like they did with the MP15DC with the special train on Peninsula Corridor. So far the yards around the route are barren and empty. They all need more trains in the yards and movements as well. We saw the M3 moving throughout hillside yard in one of the screenshots hope that this will be a service.

• Like Like x 2
  47. Scotrail156467

I believe the mp15 on lirr is a different version so it wouldn't be a sample reskin I believe it's a mp15ac that lirr operate

• Like Like x 1
  48. sinnere

sinnere Active Member

I'm surprised nobody has asked if the ATC bugs will be fixed with the addition of this train. There are a few wrong speed limits as well. For example, east out of Jamaica should be 15 then 35 then 60. Not 15, 35 then 80.

• Like Like x 2
  49. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

That is crazy. The LIRR route needs a revamp. The graphics look nice, but as far as operation goes, it does not resemble the amount of traffic that you would see in real life. I was hoping the addition of the M3's would help to expand the little to no traffic in the current route. It would be great if this was done right. I am glad we are going to get the M3's but why not fix the current issues with the route. Traffic, choppy audio when going in sections where there are echoes, microstutters should be fixed. If the LIRR route were to be in TS2020, I wonder how it would compare to what is currently in TSW2020.

• Like Like x 3
  50. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I bet in scenarios we’ll see more traffic.

• Like Like x 1