PlayStation 'mystery' Icon

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Elmerson, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Elmerson

Elmerson New Member

Okay, I surrender! - I'm in triple digits for my driver character experience, have traveled thousands of game miles, have most of the DLC locos & routes, figured out the differences between air & vac brakes, learned three country's signalling systems in the game, AND learned the German PZB system (whew)... and had fun doing all the above.

BUT, I have a complete brain-block about the little (purple 'paint brush with a handle'?) icon in the the lower left corner of this image! It appears on various loco images on different routes. What is the icon & what does it mean?

Thanks in advance, from a (likely soon to be embarrassed ;) ) TSW driver!

mysteryicon.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Maik_1978

Maik_1978 New Member

This means,you can change the color of the Loco.If you choose to a Loco with this Sign,take a look in the bottom right corner,then you can see,what Button on the controller you must press,to change the color.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

It's has Maik says. You can even change the appearance of some locos. Try the class 40 for example and you can choose between a headcode or disc marker versions. Extra banker services become available when selecting the black German Railion livery.

Without checking I think it's the square button you have to press when you select the paintbrush icon-ed loco.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  4. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Its where the loco has either an alternative design appearence ala Class 40 with white discs or Black "domino" Headcode box.
    Or If it has alternative liveries. ie Class 66 EWS or Class 66 DBS or I think its the BR 145 that Has DB livery or Railion livery. Yes You press Square to bring up the option. Click on the loco (with the paintbrush) then press square. then choose what livery or variation of loco you require. (Imagine the amount of different class 37's there could be...ala ArmStrong Powerhouse's Class 37 Enhancement pack was available in TSW. )

cheers

Hentis

• Like Like x 4
  5. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Yes, a slightly missed opportunity not just for the 37 but on all locomotives. Now I know it would certainly take more than just a couple of mouse clicks to change a loco, but since they already have it up on screen for many days a couple of variations wouldn't have added too much time during the initial creation I wouldn't think. It would also add to the variety that the AI use and you see as well.

• Like Like x 1
  6. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Icon means that you can indeed change livery. And that's not just a visual thing! Try selecting the DB185.2 on MSB. You can change the livery on that one into the Railion version. If you do that, you'll notice that the Railion version has a LOT more services available that the DB version

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1