More Passengers On Ps4

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Zinv, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Zinv

Zinv Member

Hi there,
    I'm playing TSW on PS4 very often and I love it. Unfortunately, there is one point that I think should be fixed or improved. There is a way to low amount of passengers around. No matter which route, what time or which station. Even in the city of Leipzig, Hagen or at Wuppertal central station, it's unusual if there are more than 4 passengers leaving or entering the train.
    When i watch videos of PC players on YouTube, the trains are actually filled with people, on PS4 the trains are pretty empty.
    I would really appreciate it, if you improved this so that the game is more fun and more realistic for console players.
    Thanks
    Valentin

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

I wonder about this myself as it detracts greatly from the experience.

Currently driving a passenger-less Class 166 during AM rush hour out of London...

3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

If they added more passengers the game would struggle to run. Until the core gets some big improvements in performance (DTG are always tweaking to improve things) we are stuck with low passenger numbers on consoles. At least there are fewer moonwalking displays on consoles.

Try to imagine you’re driving under some unlikely global pandemic lockdown situation where everyone has been ordered to stay at home... erm, hang on a minute...

• Like Like x 4
  4. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

stujoy Wait a minute.....

5. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

I almost wish they'd simplify the passengers a bit more until they can resolve it, for instance passengers less or not at all dynamic when seated on the train.

LOL I have been doing this. Yet I lose my mind when 4 out of the 7 passengers I have in a train with 6 cabs are seated next to one another.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gabriele_Giovannini

Gabriele_Giovannini New Member

I think this is by far the biggest weakness of the game, it subtracts a lot the sense of reality.

7. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

What, lack of passengers being the biggest weakest of the game? That’s a bit over the top. I hardly ever get out the cab of the train and almost never travel as a passenger or walk around stations. Even if I do, I’m not too bothered to be honest.

If you said lack of (AI) trains is the biggest weakness of the game, I would probably agree because not only would it make the the route a lot more lively, it would bring about a totally different dynamic to the game with seeing cautionary aspects a lot more.
    Lack of passengers doesn’t affect the driving experience which is why I don’t really notice or am particular bothered. Perhaps when they make a guard mode or have DOO cameras in the cab for dispatch, more passengers would be welcomed so that we have to carefully time when to close the doors.

Just to be clear, I’m not saying lack of passengers isn’t a problem. I just don’t see it as the biggest weakest of the game as described above.

Last edited: May 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Yep - I'd agree with this. This is one of the fundamental reasons why TSW has not caught up with TS1 on immersion, operational simulation and pure gameplay. Lack of traffic. It also doesn't help if you have an extremely under-powered (and seriously bugged) Class 47 on a freight train (on console) that cannot keep up or catch a stopping 101 DMMU, so it just gets greens (but on PC it would get held back by cautions).

But the passengers are also a disappointment in TSW. In TS1 they are much more varied, and they seem to have a purpose...errmm...often stridently so.... and can be seen chatting on mobile phones, listening to some music on headphones (and rolling their head as they do so), or staring each other out when they are in facing seats - whereas the TSW guys look around furtively.... the staring out is much more realistic... (LOL...!), and the furtive looking makes you think there might be a bomb on the train...

It doesn't take much to give life to NPCs - to add a little sparkle. An old lady sitting on a bench. A guy reading a newspaper. Someone hiding in a corner tucking into a MacDonald's. Maybe even a passenger that breaks into a run to just about catch the train.... It can all be done...easily. And it would make a difference to immersion, I can promise you that.

And I am being serious here.... maybe put a flock of birds in the sky, a fox darting across the tracks, and a cat prowling around an empty platform.... just the odd random smile here and there, would work wonders.

Last edited: May 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. paulgregs

paulgregs Active Member

Don't see this as an issue, along similar thought I would like to see a bit more line side stuff, cars at crossing gates perhaps a class 33 47 52 permanently parked up at williton.... Maybe a night riviera stabled at Paddington....

I think more character could done very simply....

• Like Like x 1
  10. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Yep - again... on TS1 most of the routes have populated sidings. But I forgot to mention one thing that really really does add immersion, when it comes to passengers on TS1...

.... some of the passengers will look at their watch as you pull into the station........! It really is a fabulous touch. So simple. So effective.

• Like Like x 1