Tsw: Marvelous Metropolitans!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Apr 24, 2020.

1. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

One thing I’ve always found with LIRR is that if you pass another train the frame rate tanks and the gameplay stutters, at least on PS4. If you are unfortunate to pass another train when going through certain stations then you are in for a very stuttery time. I think that’s one reason there aren’t that many services on it, so you don’t pass them all stuttering up your gameplay every few minutes (much like the reason for reduced services and shorter HSTs on GWE on consoles). So I wouldn’t have expected many more services to be added and I don’t expect any other DLC for the route in the future unless the performance of the route can be improved. Hopefully the M3 runs a bit smoother than the M7. I’ll certainly get this one day though, if not at full release price.

• Like Like x 1
  2. deki32

deki32 Well-Known Member

At least they are not pulling an OSD on us once again. Instead they tell the disappointment upfront. Kudos DTG, another step in the right direction. Now if only you also release a dlc without that part, that would be great. One thing i learnt so far with TSW: Always have 0 expectations with any new content, even with 3rd party(looking at you DB BR 204), and if anything good comes out you will feel great. Anything else is not worth it. Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  3. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

I agree, at the end of the day, even though there could be improvements, I am glad that we are getting something. I know it takes alot of time and effort to develop the content. It is a treat to atleast have the LIRR route and the M3's are a good bonus.

• Like Like x 5
  4. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

Very disappointed as well if that really did come from Matt about the lack of service mode timetable improvements. The safety systems need a revamp as well. I drove a service out to Huntington and before you know it, I was hit instantly with a 15 mph block and never had enough time to stop before hitting a Signal Passed at Danger. The blocks are way too short and abrupt, and more often than not, you will end up rear ending a train (would happen rarely due to the lack of traffic) if there is a train in front of you. Drive the Suburban Sunset scenario, and if you keep to the speed limits and times as close as possible, by the time you hit Woodside, you are VERY likely to rear end the M7 in front of you.

I hope this will be something that can be corrected before the timetable update happens.

• Like Like x 2
  5. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

I gotta revisit that scenario, I sought of like that scenario but other problem is when it gets to Penn Station...it arrives on track 7 lol that's only used for NJT/Amtrak......now that i think of it u right and i think that train at Woodside in front of u goes to Hunterspoint Av...

• Like Like x 3
  6. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

LIRR is one of my favourite routes, maybe it's the M7 I'm in love with. After skimming through the comments, I could understand why some of you are disappointed, especially for those who are familiar with the route. A new timetable should be included.

• Like Like x 3
  7. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Yeah it takes a lot of effort to make a game like this so if there's anything wrong with it I'm still going to use it because a lot of us were waiting for the m3 in tsw

• Like Like x 1
  8. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

As far as from what I'm reading, it is disappointing that no new timetables are being implemented, this is one of the very reasons why A route like this would have been more useful in its predecessor. And I still advocate that it must make its presence. I will, however, still buy this on the strength that it's a loco I'm quite familiar with and is much needed for a route limited in length and action (Which apparently will still be the case).

• Like Like x 4
  9. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

If we pester dtg we could get the DE/DM30AC & the bi level cab car.Im saying this because they added the switcher for caltrain after they added the baby bullet so maybe this could work?

• Like Like x 3
  10. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Stop begging for the DM30AC for god sake

• Like Like x 3
  11. GoldenTicket420

GoldenTicket420 Well-Known Member

I'm super stoked.Insta buy.My patients pervails lol..To show my dedication,appreciation and a big thank you to Dtg.I made LIRR M7 video all safety systems on and perfect run 18:35 Hicksville to Newyork penn-station.Hope everyone enjoys and stay safe!
    Without music

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  12. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

I never tried the M7 with safety systems. Looks sort of like an easy version of PZB. I have a question though, why do you face the wall when driving? Is it a personal preference or is there important info on that wall? Just curious! ;)

• Like Like x 2
  13. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

I actually hope they fix the schedule system in the game because if they have a substitute service then there won't be a lot of trains running(Example of substitute service in TSW is in northern trans pennine ,when you go to the scenarios with different trains they might have the same time starting for a clue)

• Like Like x 5
  14. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

The security systems work fine in LIRR. The only thing you have to watch are the speedlimits. With activated safety systems you have to watch on the limits shown on the cab dashboard. If you do that and press the alerter when it rings than you will have a relativly authentic drive with the M7.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

It’s buggy actually. It doesn’t work the way it’s supposed too.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

Totally agreed the LIRR route needs a overhaul adding new features such as 3rd rail cut-out, Better and improved speed limits, more services & sound fixes. I think the LIRR route is one of the most popular routes on TSW 2020 it should be actively worked on. This is a chance for DTG to redeem themselves with the M3 addon my hopes are that it will add more special services and services only requiring M3. It would be lazy of DTG to just recycle services with the M3, then what is the point of the train if there is no addons to the route. All it is if this is the case is a new type of EMU traction but nothing else. Please DTG read this and think about what your going to do with the upcoming M3 addon. This could easily be a great train add on if made in the right way.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Also on the LIRR route I have encountered bugged red signals and bugged AI the red signals will not ever change to a green but always stay on red even during scenarios this has happened and the AI would randomly derail themselves for no reason, it is kinda funny though. Please fix all of these issues. It is funny how LIRR is on the premier routes for TSW 2020 yet it has too much bugs. Now yes I can understand since LIRR came out in november 2018 technology has changed over time but that does not mean to almost totally disregard the route. Some of these issue were core game issues, I hope Dmitri could fix a few of these issues on the route. (Sorry if I spelled your name wrong can never spell it right.)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Kim1087

Kim1087 Well-Known Member

I hope that the ACS-64 gets added to the LIRR as AI services being that they both share a section of track,

• Like Like x 3
  19. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

I don’t see the point as it’s a small portion

• Like Like x 1
  20. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

When I saw this I got really excited but after reading about the timetables here I'm not nearly has hyped. I hope they actually fix them since LIRR has great potential but the impossible timetables are terrible and ruin the fun quite a bit for me.

• Like Like x 1
  21. LimitedEdiition

The security system is far from fine. It seems like it works fine because there's barely any traffic on the route, but the second you find a unicorn scenario where you're trailing a train in front of you, or any sort of disruption on the line like a Westbound train from Hempstead crossing over as you head East, or play something like the Suburban Sunset scenario, the blocks are so small that it provides next to zero protection from rear ending a train or passing a red signal. The 15 mph warning blocks are far too short in the game and if you're speeding down the mainline at the rated 60 miles, you will NEVER stop in time unless you knew beforehand that a train was blocking your path or an upcoming signal is red.

Most scenarios work fine since the service mode is a ghost town, but there are a few where you actually have to slow down, and more often than not you don't stop in time for those.

• Like Like x 3
  22. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

If ur wondering about timetables....honestly almost nobody's at fault. Too many trains per second can cause various impacts because of extreme lag.....with the M3 however im just hoping it has its own schedule like the DB BR 182....irl there are some services that runs the M3 only......not to mention the M3 has ran Belmont park services in the past. And most of them Run to Atlantic Terminal and are uses the Hempstead branch....however the LIRR DLC falls back upon there are no service from Atlantic term to Ronkonkoma......not to mention various services operating as shuttles between Jamacia and Atlantic Term/Penn Station.....Jamaica station trains arrive on a track where DM/DE30ACS run on even though with third rail, which is partially accurate but not all trains are supposed to arrive on that track. LIC/Hunterspoint Ave is basically dead there is no train heading there......in reality there are emus that terminate and originate at Hunterspoint Ave and terminate off at Ronkonkoma. In reality also, the Complex are supposed to be filled up with trains and broken into various consist. And its not just that, irl a sure trains run in either 6 cars, 8 cars, and 10 cars, but in reality they also run in 12 car trains....The M3 is a great realistic addon for LIRR, and its a step in the right direction, but this flaws back with substitution. Substitution is actually a thing on LIRR irl where services ran by usually M7s are are some times replaced by M3s.....and services ran by M3s are now getting substituted by you guessed it the M9s.....Sure substitution is a good thing, but be for real too much of a good thing can be your ultimate downfall. Again the M3s are a great addon but this could suffer from excessive substitution.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  23. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

Some M3s terminate at Babylon to sometimes

• Like Like x 2
  24. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Keep it up guys to get DTG to listen to the proposals. Extensions to LIRR i back too, and it shows if persevere, things will happen, as there’s a need. An extension is needed but we need to make DTG feel there’s a need worth investing in. So keep up the good work.

• Like Like x 5
  25. deki32

deki32 Well-Known Member

I have a weird feeling that we will get a complete route made by a community member with the public editor, before DTG figures it out. I wish to be wrong of course. Longer routes would be amazing. Cheers

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  26. doc_woods

doc_woods Active Member

I'm not sure why this is nobody's fault. This sounds like something that could have been ensured at the design stage. The number of trains move on a given section of a moderately busy commuter route sounds like something that could have been found out in advance and should probably have been treated as a prerequisite that a simulator needed to be able to handle.

• Like Like x 2
  27. LuPatrenX

LuPatrenX Member

Here's hoping they do something about it for the PS5 and Xbox SX.

I feel like there's room for a LOT of possibility there.

• Like Like x 1
  28. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

Honestly.......DTG has to do better on their part. Im tired of substitution,LIRR is really special since it takes place in NYC......but there are issues with it like the ATC is somewhat bugged and the timetable is really in someway off. Track 8 shouldn't be utilized all the time....the only times that trains arrive on the correct track is heading to Manhattan or Brooklyn. LIC and Hunterspoint Ave is just there to be there and DTG in this case is more focused on adding to an area that barley has traffic at all. I mean if u are only including Hunterspoint Ave and LIC to be used for a secnario, and only to see traffic on various parts on the route but only 20-60 mins intervals, and under utilize the Hillside support facility to have 0 trains, then congrats DTG u really took us for granted. You under utilize routes and never fix it amd when you do its already too late. That pull you did with OSD i mean tell us why...... At least revisit routes once in a while, i mean come on there are various bugs in the routes and you dont take the time to fix them.....at least tell us all why. TSW 2020 is a great game, but in many ways than one you took us all gor granted by making out bugged content.....it took yall a while to fix up the DB BR 155 like its literally 2020 and that came out like almost a year ago. Not to mention adding locos to routes that were never supposed to ever be on it. RSN for example. You have to show us more why you care about us......at least put an effort in fixing the time table.....and any other bugs......come on DTG you can do better i belive in you all.

• Like Like x 8
  29. MrbKlegend89

I still dont understand why only one track for full eastbound service only use track 8 and one lonely Belmont Park service use track 6...they need to alternate tracks at Jamaica, but I've ranted before I said DTG or whatso didnt do FULL homework on this DLC....how u have the game bounding to Ronkonkoma and the trains head out of the game on the Huntington/Port Jefferson line.....and again what sense to release this game as u pointed out having Hunterspoint Av and Long Island City stations GHOSTOWN but used on one lousy scenario smfh...who knows.....and peeps also upset bout the GWE part..it does look like they may need an update as well.....but a M3 add on jus for substitution is a no for me and I LIVE in NY...we need few more additional services and at least 1 or 2 extra scenarios

• Like Like x 3
  30. Anthony Pecoraro

It does have third rail cut out.

• Like Like x 1
  31. LimitedEdiition

It doesn't work at all like it's supposed to. We need an M7 update, so that it can get PIS (Passenger Information Displays) and use whatever module they used for the Class 377 where the HVAC systems turn off. The motor sounds cut off over a gap in game, whereas in real life, the motors are always on (only HVAC stops, but motor noises continue playing irl), not to mention the M7 needs a sound overhaul to make it sound closer to what it does in reality.

• Like Like x 4
  32. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

This in itself is wrong, as the 377 shouldn’t cut out at all over section gaps. It doesn’t react like older DC units, but DTG seems to think it does. They also haven’t done their homework for the 377 it seems...

Either that or they’ve only simulated the front bogie pickup shoes on the first carriage. The other carriages have third rail beside them with the pickup shoe over it, but it seems they’ve only simulated the front coach, hence why it keeps cutting out over gaps.

Either way, it’s very poor. But that’s DTG all over; poorly implemented systems coupled with rushed and shoddy work.

• Like Like x 5
  33. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

And tbh mate, if anyone else pointed this out they'd be crucified - I hope that with Rivet Games on the forefront; we will see what really can be done in UE4

• Like Like x 1
  34. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

A bit LTTP on this one....but nice to see the introduction of the M3 for the LIRR. I always appreciate old school EMUs....a bit of a downer regarding the lack of new services but it was expected tbh

• Like Like x 1
  35. Anthony Pecoraro

All you ever do is criticize now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  36. Louis-MTA NYCTA

But that's what this forums page is for right? To show some criticism and point out using our feedback how things must change with this amazing route and amazing trains. Dmitri has done changes in the past I'm sure he can do it again. Overall DTG has made poor decisions in the past what we see here for the M3 add on shows either they do take community suggestions into consideration or they don't consider our suggestions. Most people who play the route seem to have the same complaints, If there is so much issues with this route them it would make sense when releasing a NEW M3 to the route they would at least attempt to fix past issues. Like 3rd rail cut-out, and HVAC systems. I know this might seem like a rant but it's true multiple people support it and needs to be taken into DTG's consideration.

• Like Like x 7
  37. Louis-MTA NYCTA

All i'm hoping is the new M3 is but being substituted and is being actively used. Take the MP15DC for example it's a great switcher I had so much fun with it. I would say in my opinion the MP15DC is one of if not the best switchers currently in game, It offers unique services, great sounds & a lot of fun to be had. It even adds a new type of consist on the route a double header special 10 car train. This could happen with the M3 in terms of passenger service so let's show what we (The Consumers) think and hopefully it might be considered and used with the upcoming M3 add on.

• Like Like x 1
  38. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Totally agreed. What is the point of the Hunts Point station/yard if NO trains serve it during timetabled mode Good chance for the M3 to fill that in. Also Belmont Park has only 5 services serving it when in real life multiple trains serve it. I work on some portions of the LIRR I have seen it. The M3 is a great time to show how DTG could improve this route keep posting your ideas so they can see it.

• Like Like x 1
  39. Random Railfan

Unfortunately from what I've heard about the new Rivet Games release it really isn't that amazing, but that's just judging by the reviews on Steam, since I don't have the route for it. I hope they'll have a better showing next time they release something, because if they did it would really increase TSW's promise, which is something it really needs right now after the massive Oakville Sub fiasco.

• Like Like x 1
  40. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

Lets hope for the best with this simulator. I have seen good things from Train Sim World but it can be upsetting at times because it should not be half done at release/ or have as many problems that many people are pointing out. I really hope that at some point in the future, the issues with the current and previous DLC's can be ironed out. Hopefully, our ideas are being considered for the best possible DLC at release. I am looking forward to the release of the M3 EMU and am confident that we will soon see an LIRR route expansion and other rollingstock for this route.

• Like Like x 5
  41. MrbKlegend89

And another thing why does that exact service layover a Babylon attack for hours before returning to.service and not to mention passengers still stuck inside smfh..that particular service doesnt make sense smfh...I said it NUMEROUS errors and mistakes for that DLC...and I'm pretty sure other DLC for fans like GWE or even Oakville CN one ppl complaining which I'm shocked at

• Like Like x 1
  42. Anthony Pecoraro

It technically is using sounds from an old TS train.

• Like Like x 1
  43. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

*Criticise. Well perhaps I wouldn’t criticise so much if DTG didn’t take shortcuts and the easy route out. As well as putting their heads in the sands hoping the bugs and problems will magically go away.

Seriously, I don’t know how you can be so satisfied with everything they do. TSW could and should be so much better by now.

• Like Like x 15
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  44. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Yes I love this route and think it deserves more respect in terms of fixing issues with the route and updating the route to the modern technology that is being used to make new routes. I'm confident hopefully that DTG will make this train add on very good. All I care about is more services and being allowed to control the little things in the train cab, Like the HVAC systems turning them off because on the M7 they sound amazing but can I turn them off? NO. I hope on the M3 we fully get to use the train because we will be paying 20$ USD for this train. I would expect to see top tier from DTG seeing what they have done in the past. Keep posting they will see this, and hopefully add some of these requested features.

• Like Like x 1
  45. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Agreed lad. Not to be rude DTG has many issues with TSW 2020. TSW 2020 could easily be the best Train Sim game but it's not because of the half-done stuff they do with the routes/trains. Just know lads expect criticism by multiple accounts until these issues get fixed. TSW 2020 has the best potential of any new train sim game. I just wish DTG can see that and see what there doing is wrong.

• Like Like x 5
  46. Random Railfan

I totally agree with you. Imagine if DTG was more like SCS Software? SCS pays attention to the community and takes care of bugs when they're pointed out. TSW has so much potential but with DTG it doesn't live up to it.

• Like Like x 5
  47. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I totally would definitely like to see a lirr route expansion maybe Jamaica to far rockaway or Long Beach or Jamaica to Babylon or Jamaica to oyster bay.

• Like Like x 4
  48. danman425

danman425 New Member

Actually, you can turn the HVAC system off as well as the interior lights in the M7 via the train display monitor.

49. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

Not on consoles tho

• Like Like x 1
  50. LuPatrenX

LuPatrenX Member

No need for explanation. I'm a New Yorker too and the lack of traffic was my first complaint. I agree on all your other points as well. This is why I pointed to Next Gen consoles.

Due to no longer needing to design a game where assets that might be used are loaded along with assets that will be used, that could change how DTG not only designs their routes, but how much traffic runs as well. Overall resource management in general which, from what I understand, may be more important than how powerful the machine is. Also, shorter development time being a goal specifically for PS5, could we possibly see longer routes too?

For all we know, everything that hasn't been fixed CAN'T be right now due to hardware limitations. But with Next-Gen bringing all sorts of new room to play, we may actually see progress in the near future.

I REALLY hope they are considering rebuilding from the ground up and TSW2022 (or even 2023) transforms this into the Sim they market it as.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 5