South Western Railway - Waterloo - Reading

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jack1491, Apr 14, 2020.

1. jack1491

jack1491 New Member

Having originally spent a lot of time thinking that the South Western mainline would be the ultimate route for TSW (which I still believe, but cannot imagine how much work would need to go into it!) I think the Waterloo Reading route would be a great option.

Starting at London Waterloo, the route would include the full line from London Waterloo to Reading via Clapham Junction, RIchmond, Twickenham, Feltham, Staines, Reading and more. The line would also include the various branch lines and loops that are in the surrounding area. This would allow players to drive the following services:

- Waterloo to Reading (various stopping patterns available in timetable mode depending on time of day)
    - Services on the Weybridge branch line (Chertsey Loop)
    - Services on the Staines-Windsor line between Staines and Waterloo
    - Services on the Hounslow loop between Twickenham and London

In line with my preference for modern routes, I'd suggest this being a modern-day route under the South Western Railway franchise. This would see rolling stock as being primarily the refurbished Class 458/5 (10 car formations) and the Class 455 or 450.

For DTG there would then be good scope for adding additional rolling stock such as the other of the Class 455 or 450 as a separate DLC sometime after release.

In theory - DTG would have a head up on this as Reading already exists in TSW, and at least some work has been done on Waterloo, Clapham Junction, the class 450/444 and 455 from their work in TS.

I think this would be a really great addition to the lineup, with the opportunity to run tightly timed commuter trains in and out of London's busiest station.

• Like Like x 15
  2. samuelbrookes1

samuelbrookes1 Active Member

Great idea. Maybe also the Kingston loop and some Class 707s and Class 701s.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

Yessss!!!!! I love class 455 and 450, that would absolutely be amazing!!

4. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Good call.