Euro Fishing Really Disappointing

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by CH40S23, Sep 15, 2017.

1. CH40S23

CH40S23 Member

Just had few goes of game for the first time in a while, must say what was an entertaining game, when it first came out, has become really mediocre. . . the reel mechanics are very poor, hold the trigger n wait !!!. . . playing a fish has no feeling to it (def did have before the first ever update).. . . the bait seems to not matter, single maggot loads of carp - a 14 pounder on 6lb line on a single mag n you just hold ya button click direction n wait yawn . . . where's the surges, clicks n screams of drag n runs ? . . . .there's absolutely no intensity - def once was. . .was mildly excited by new lakes, but not now ive had a go. . . the game is soooooooooooo much further from a fishing sim than where it started, like a poor arcade game now. . . .should get rid of the poor reel mechanics you have now def ruins the game. . .anyway disappointed to see the deterioration of once fun n very promising game. . . take a look at the original build n see how it was much better in sooooooo many ways. . . .also take a look at the original fishermans bait (PS1) for how too make a fishing game exciting. . . euro once was - ambles off to mourn its demise. . . .

2. Derrick Miller

Derrick Miller Active Member

I have been playing since the Foundry release and I have to say my experience is the polar opposite, perhaps for different reasons.
    • regarding the sounds for the reel, the clicking is actually annoying. I have had a couple of Garcia baitcasters with those and once a fish was on it was immediately switched off. So, I don't miss it.
    • regarding the "auto-carp" syndrome, as I have come to call it, my experience with fishing on the bottom for catfish in real life is pretty much the same as in the game. Every catfish I have caught tight-lining that was too big for a frying pan pretty much hooked itself and if there was any hookset it was gentle.
    • regarding holding a button...well, it is a controller so...I wasn't expecting much. However, it does seem you have to play the fish more off the reel than the rod which, again is what I expected as the only fishing I have experienced where you don't play the fish off the reel primarily is fly fishing.
    • I am extremely pleased with the patterns of fish activity...sometimes they are biting and sometimes you have to be a bit more determined and thoughtful about what you are doing. Sometimes the weeds produce and sometimes the shallower water is better than the deep parts. And sometimes you just need to move to a different peg. Pretty much my real life experience, as well.
    • I am only fishing for the boss carp on Manor at the moment so it's all large baits and hooks. There is no doubt in my mind that on some days one bait will produce better than others. I have seen tiger nuts get no attention at all on one day and be hot the next. Same with the Activ-8, which I have seen out produce TNT two to one during a session and the next day it's all TNT. And there certainly are days when the carp go kamikaze and hit anything. If that's "arcade" I am totally OK with it.
    • One of the real surprises for me is that repositioning your bait just a few yards can generate a strike when the line has been silent for too long. Also, I like that sometimes the bait is spit out only to be picked up a few seconds later. I have had both of these happen in real life.
    • Perhaps the coolest part of the experience for me is learning about a new style of fishing and seeing species we don't have where I live. The best part of any sim experience is that ability to open up a new world. Since starting to play Euro Fishing I have enjoyed researching this kind of fishing in real life via youtube and web articles.
    My experience in fishing is that fighting the fish is only a very small aspect of the endeavor. Mostly, it is looking at the water as a puzzle and then proceeding to solve that puzzle...where are the fish, what are they doing at a given time of day or season...what do they want for dinner? I am getting most of that from this game without the sunburn, gnats, mosquitos, endless trips to the bait shop, etc. There is depth to this game. You just have to be looking deeply to find it.

I find myself looking out over the water and thinking, "Maybe one more cast before I go." Isn't that how it is supposed to be?

• Like Like x 3
  3. CH40S23

CH40S23 Member

Guess opinions differ. . .for me have no probs catching the fish. . . waiting etc. Just think the mechanics are very poor , as is the ability to fish for specific species. . .still pretty much 1 bait 1 hook catches all . . n very arcade in its style, started feeling much more like fishing. . glad you enjoy it, but for game has gone backwards in its fun feeling since its original release, think the numbers playing and communicating here highlight that. . .is suggestive of the game not progressing. . .hey ho what do i know !!!

4. Derrick Miller

Derrick Miller Active Member

Yeah, the only down side to writing a differing view is that it looks like one is dismissing the original point of view or opinion. I sure don't mean to do that. Hopefully, the game will come around to that sweet spot you remember. In any case, I do respect your point of view!