Extend Routes That Don't Go To The Destination Posted Instead Of Continuing To Make Shorter Routes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Sam6489, Apr 27, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Sam6489

Sam6489 New Member

I believe dovetail instead of releasing new routes, routes such as Great Western Express, Long Island Railroad, Rhur Sieg Nord and other routes that don't go to the end destination on the timetable should be extended. Let's take Long Island Railroad for starters. It's quoted as the busiest line in North America. And I live in NYC and sometimes do take the Long Island Railroad. It's busy in real life, but in the game it's not. They have the port Washington branch, but it only goes to Woodside. That branch is 17 miles long and only has 10 stations, three of which are in long island, Great Neck, Plandome, and Port Washington. The rest are in the NYC borough of Queens and Penn Station in Manhattan. On that line, u got Citi Field, home of the New York Mets and the Arthur Ash Stadium which is where the U.S open is. U also pass by Flushing Queens which is the best Chinatown in NYC in my opinion. With the Release of the M3 maybe it would be a good opportunity to extend that branch. Why put a line there if it doesn't go to the Destination posted. It's a common trend and it's annoying how you charge $30 for lines that don't go the full distance. Then u got people asking for an extension. The Ronkonkoma branch, why the hell does it only go to Hicksville, I feel like Dovetail was just being lazy. The distance between Hicksville and Ronkonkoma is 23.8 miles. The full line from Penn Station to Ronkonkoma is 48.5 miles and that's an additional 9 stations. The full line has 20 stations. I would like dovetail to please explain why you don't release full lines of a service like the LIRR. Yeah u got the Hempstead branch(btw the Hempstead branch in real life runs 8 car trains and only goes to Penn station during peak rush hour. All other times 8 car trains go to Alantic Terminal so that needs a fix) but we should be able to go to Ronkonkoma and Port Washington. Why couldn't you guys make it go full distance. The MTA Metro-North New Haven Line in ts is 72 miles and u added the new cannan branch so I can't see why u guys can't add a full 48 mile LIRR route or a 17 mile branch. It's the Same with Great Western Express. I saw a post last night and I agree that it has been neglected and we should be able to go the full distance. If you can have that line go to Bristol Temple Meads, Penzance, Oxford etc in train simulator, then I don't understand why you can't do the same in tsw. Rhur Sieg Nord is the same crap. If you're gonna make a route, it should go the full distance. Maybe u guys need third party support to help u people. I would like someone from Dovetail to explain why you seem comfortable releasing routes that are short and leave it neglected for three years like Great Western Express. Then you charge $30 for a short route. If you're not getting the full experience then it's not a sim. U know people are gonna ask for extensions but it's like you just don't care. I think if you're gonna make a route, make the full line and if you're not gonna do that, don't make it at all. Because you know it'll get negative reviews and have more people complaining. You have the license for these routes so I don't see a problem unless you people are just being lazy. It's not a money issue because Dovetail has made hundreds of thousands of dollars from their dlc in Train Simulator 2020 and their other games. Also, the vanilla Train Simulator has long routes that are incredibly detailed for what it's working with so in terms of detailing, there is no excuse since you guys at Dovetail have shown that u can make long distance routes that are fully detailed from start to finish. The unreal engine also allows developers to make large maps that can go an unlimited distance so they have no excuses. Great Western Express has been out for three years and nothing. Dovetail has zero excuses for not wanting to extending it other than it may take to long. I rather wait for a route that goes to the destination that is posted on the timetable (full route) instead of waiting for a route that isn't gonna go the full distance. Others would want that as well. Quality over quantity people. I feel like u guys will just continue to make routes that don't go the full distance. I feel like instead of making new short routes that don't go the full way and charge $30 (ripping people off) extend the routes that u have that needs an extension and charge a good price or make it free for people who already have the line. I would like someone from Dovetail to respond. Thank you, have a great day.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  2. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more. Like honestly this trend has to stop. If they're not gonna make a full line, then they shouldn't make it then. To me it's just an extra cash grab

3. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I would definitely like to see ronkonkoma,Huntington or Port Washington in the future or what about Jamaica to Long Beach or far rockaway.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ademdickinson03

ademdickinson03 New Member

I Agree with this they should extend all the routes to the destination posted.

• Like Like x 1
  5. tallboy7648

I wouldn't mind dovetail making all of the other branches for the LIRR. It would make the whole railroad in the game more busy

• Like Like x 3
  6. tallboy7648

I agree as well

7. Sam6489

Sam6489 New Member

I agree. This nonsense trend that they seem to be doing and seem comfortable with has to stop. There needs to be change. This is just Dovetail being lazy.

• Like Like x 1
  8. deki32

deki32 Well-Known Member

I think we the customers need to change our purchasing habits. DTG is doing just fine. They get our money. What is wrong with their trend ;)? Cheers

9. GT46PAC

GT46PAC Active Member

Yes
    the fat man is lazy

10. tallboy7648

We're spending money on routes that don't go the full distance and it's disgusting that dtg doesn't seem to address that. All they wanna do is make all the money in the world, but not do updates to the routes they have. They're just gonna continue to make shorter routes and not be bothered on taking the time to extend the routes like Great Western Express (a route that has been out for three years) and others. As a customer I am disgusted because I invest a lot of money on routes that don't give a full sim experience and they continue to do this with all the money they have. Money is not an issue. The engine is not an issue because the vanilla Train Simulator has routes that are nicely detailed because they took their time. DTG just says "here's a new route that doesn't go the full way. Please spend $30." That's disgusting. And routes that have been out for a while have not been addressed like Great Western Express or Rhur Sieg Nord in terms of extending it. They have made a lot of money so I don't see an excuse. I rather wait for dovetail to release a full route instead of releasing routes that don't go the full way. Maybe they need third party support to help them. Dovetail's customers would be satisfied. I've seen reviews of some routes. The negative reviews have solid points.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  11. Sam6489

Sam6489 New Member

Yes

12. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

Just to let you know guys, if I see 'fat man lazy' anywhere else on the forums I will be banning forever without warnings. One poster has already earned this.

Dmitri

• Like Like x 1
  13. mrchuck

I noticed that when you get done with a ronkonkoma service at Hicksville on the lirr route the train go’s In the direction of Huntington I hope Huntington is in the works for the Lirr Route because it’s only a 17 minute train ride from Hicksville to Huntington stopping at syosset,Cold spring harbor and Huntington I would love to see Huntington on TSW for the Lirr Route.

14. tallboy7648

It's short so I can't see why they can't add the huntington branch

15. mrchuck

Yeah it’s a short ride and very scenic from Hicksville to Huntington.

16. Sam6489

Sam6489 New Member

facts

17. mrchuck

Here’s the YouTube video of the ride from Hicksville to Huntington.

Attached Files:

18. tallboy7648

i live in nyc AND i do take the lirr huntington branch sometimes to explore. it's not long at all

19. tallboy7648

i also wish they added the port washington branch. Its not a long route either with ten stations. we should be able to go to places outside of woodside

20. mrchuck

I think they’ll be creating the port Washington Branch when the editing tools are available I hope it’s definitely done by a third party group with other Long Island railroad Branch’s like ronkonkoma,Long Beach,Babylon and far rockaway.

21. tallboy7648

i agree that a third party should help them out. It would make the process faster As a person who lives in nyc, that would be nice

22. Sam6489

Sam6489 New Member

i hope they make more branches of the lirr. it would make it more busier. In TSW it's not busy

23. tallboy7648

Agree