Headlights

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by Trainspeeder, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Trainspeeder

Trainspeeder Active Member

Improve the headlights for Xbox one as they don't work very well!!!

2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

If you use the search function on these forums you will see threads and posts regarding the brightness of headlights.

Every train has different headlights. Some are just marker lights and are not intended to light up much in front. Also, each route has its own ambient lighting setting chosen by the route builders. Some are darker than others. Unfortunately NTP (Northern Trans Pennine) has trains with the dimmest lights and the darkest ambient lighting. That has been discussed a lot on the forums.

It’s also worth mentioning that each of the sub-forums here has a certain specific purpose. There is usually a pinned post on each sub-forum menu explaining what the purpose is. Community Submissions (this sub-forum) is intended for members to post screenshots and videos of TSW on xbox. Take a little time to check out all the sub-forums to see where the appropriate place to post is, as it helps all forum members and the developers keep track of things.

When posting about bugs, problems you are having, or things that you think are wrong, it is important that you are very specific about which route and/or train you are discussing. Saying things like “Improve the headlights, they don’t work very well” gives no indication of which headlights you mean and is unlikely to get a good response. Also, posting in more than one section with the same post, like you have done with this, is not useful. Post once in the correct forum and everybody is happy.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  3. eire007

eire007 Active Member

Ignore what the other guy said, you point is valid. You don’t need to be a brain scientist to know which lights don’t work well. Some other people on here just like to big note themselves. You 100% correct and everyone who plays the Xbox version know exactly what your talking about.

4. Trainspeeder

Thanks very much for supporting my point!!!

5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Great, so post it in the correct Xbox forum...

@OP, as the other respondent said, the lights on many units and locos aren't bright at all, in fact lights weren't compulsory on trains (in the UK at least) until the last few decades! It's a paint when you're having to drive them on a simulator, but it DOES simulate real life conditions somewhat. Agree it could be a setting to have brightness allowed to be changed even if this would make it "less immersive" for some

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. eire007

eire007 Active Member

It’s a game. That’s all. They could have added extra lights to make it enjoyable. And please don’t use “simulate real life” when was the last time you seen a driver go through a red light and his train vanishes into darkness and off the track. It doesn’t happen in real life, a real life sim would allow you go through red light and deal with consequences. This game doesn’t . It’s a simple game to enjoy and even you should understand instead of being a dope reading rules to people.

7. eire007

eire007 Active Member

Your welcome. Everyone should be able to have a suggestion without the world ending for some people.

8. ARuscoe

The train might not, but his career may well do. SPADs are cause for a very serious meeting as a least serious outcome... And of course there isn't "real" realism in what is a computer game, last night I drove from Portsmouth to Woking without leaving my chair in Medway, but the things they DO have control over should be as well produced as possible, and this is one which I agree with. You're entitled to your own opinion of course

9. eire007

eire007 Active Member

You take this “way too serious”
    Enjoy.

10. Trainspeeder

Yep exactly, some of the community members are a bit toxic.

11. eire007

eire007 Active Member

They just take it way too seriously.
    Train folks tend to be the most rude out of all hobby people. It’s like you are taking their kids away the way talk to other people who are in the same community.

12. ARuscoe

And yet the response you originally responded to was well thought out, written without prejudice and was also informative and pointed the OP to substantiating evidence of why things may be the way they are
    Your point of "Making it enjoyable"... fine, for some people, but some people want realism and that means not seeing very well at night and relying on route knowledge
    If you want it different, also fine (as acknowledged above)

The only person being rude here, from what I have seen, is you

• Like Like x 4
  13. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Don't feed the trolls, they're obviously just a couple of snowflake kids having a moan. Stujoy's post was a far more eloquent and helpful response than either of them deserved. They'll get bored soon enough and go back to Fortnite.

14. ARuscoe

And then you go and ruin my point lol...

15. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Lol. I'm happy to help anybody on here and always try to give useful guidance to new players, but if someone gives a genuinely helpful response and gets it thrown back in their faces then the thread's already dead as far as I'm concerned. Don't waste your precious time trying to talk them round, they just want brighter headlights and no logic or reason will ever change that.

16. ARuscoe

If my time was that precious I wouldn't be on a forum talking about a game anyway...? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Trainspeeder

I agree with this guy. 747 enthusiasts are much nicer and better then you guys. Literally it's my point about the headlights. People are very serious.

18. Trainspeeder

Mate I definitely agree. Lol they don't even get paid. All these toxic people are soooo sad .

19. Trainspeeder

Extually you idiot, we don't play Fortnite and we are not kids. Do u assume everything like that? I'm not bored at all its my point. I don't specialize in trains.i specialize in ships.

20. Trainspeeder

This guy is awesome

21. ARuscoe

irony?

22. Trainspeeder

No you are awesome ARuscoe
    Thanks for kinda standing up I guess.
    I was feeling enraged after that stupid guy tleft the comment. And you seriously helped out.

23. Trainspeeder

Your the best example of a community member

24. ARuscoe

Thank you