Tsw: Marvelous Metropolitans!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Apr 24, 2020.

1. MillerPC

MillerPC Active Member

Thats why i said "Might"

2. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

Well......even though services are getting replaced, its better to have more rolling stock options and only just 1.....i mean i am disappointed about it, doesnt mean im not gonna buy it.....i mean its better than having zero additional options at all. Im still happy for the fact we are getting an M3. I hope to see various bug fixes for the LIRR route. Seeing the M7 around over and over again bores me to death, not mentioning not being able to use Hunterspoint Ave and LIC is very disappointing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. david18sych

david18sych Member

When will Dovetail Games add to the LIRR DLC, DE/DM30AC locomotive maybe even an expansion to East Williston on the Oyster Bay Branch and diesel only line down to Babylon.

4. trinancrat

trinancrat Member

Matt said, Matt apparently said, I heard Matt say - at this point, might as well start making transcripts of those preview streams. It's the closest thing we're getting to official communication from Dovetail.

• Like Like x 5
  5. LIRRGuy

Who knows......dont forget we are in a middle of a pandemic and the getting references from the MTA is really hard to get....

• Like Like x 2
  6. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

More kid begging for the DM30 and the route expansion...

• Like Like x 1
  7. david18sych

david18sych Member

I actually know this because I am only a mile away from Jamaica Station and live in NY. And look at the MTA Commuter Rail Map and you will see a valid point why does that expansion is most logical right after the M3 DLC.

8. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

You are confusing replacing with substitution. You will be able to drive all services with the M7 or M3. It will be randomized with AI. You can do the same service a few times and see an M7 AI one time and see an M3 AI the next time you do it.

9. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Assuming you ever see another train.

It wasn’t like that with the Baby Bullet DLC. Certain services were changed to run with the Baby Bullet and therefore there was, and is, no choice in what you drive on a particular service, it’s the one DTG decided for you.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Anthony Pecoraro

Because certain services irl use the MP36 and Bombardier set and others use the F40 and Gallery set. Matt set those up how they are irl.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

Hello, I haven't been posting on this forum for a long time. The LIRR is my favorite route with 709.8 miles right behind NEC with 744.34 miles. I was looking forward for the M3 but after reading previous pages, it's going to be a disappointment. I like the LIRR but the route lacks a.i. traffic. But anyways, I tried my best to look for mentions of the M3 in the streams. Here is the transcript from few of his streams.

Stream 1 - At 28:01 Matt: M3 just swaps into existing services.

Stream 2 - At 20:59 Matt: The M3 brings 3 scenarios under new journey.

Stream 3 - At 10:52 Matt: There is no addition to the routes or changes to the routes with the M3. It just adds the train it does exactly what it says on the tin.
    Stream 3 - At 11:17 Matt: Yes scenarios there's a new journey for the M3 as well

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  12. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

Thank you this is what I meant to say (Millerpc). Please forgive me for my english. Also I'm onboard with what is going on with TSW 2020 if you see me make a mistake it's ok to point it out. But in the future saying that I was saying the M3 was replacing M7 services is very annoying and you should have known that is what I meant (LIRRguy)

13. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Wow that's a lot of dedication!!!. Now on my account I have from most played to least top 5 listed below.
    1- LIRR at 4,895 Mi or 7,877 Km
    2- Peninsula Corridor at 4,572 Mi or 7,357 Km
    3- NEC at 3,467 Mi or 5,579 Km
    4- East Coastway at 2,742 Mi or 4,412 Km
    5- Great Western Express at 1,853 Mi or 2,982 Km
    Obviously the LIRR I love and seeing some evidence suggesting the M3 will be used as lazy substitution really tears my heart a bit. I love this route and think it could be improved in so much ways why would Matt and DTG be so "Lazy" when making this amazing classic M3. If DTG ever adds in the diesel trains that run on LIRR or the M9 I hope these will get their unique services. But once again this was heard from a video now yes this could sound like it's a confirmation of substitution but remember other people are working on this add on as well they could add in a few last minute extra services for the M3. In other words even though Matt said so in the video it's still anyone's guess until we hear a clear confirmation from Dovetail Live or more of the developers saying it.

14. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Totally agreed I might be saddened by the fact that such a great train that has so much potential is being rushed essentially. However I'm still going to buy it because I care for the trains especially ones that I'm affiliated with on an everyday basis over others. However the Long Island City and Hunterspoint ave branch/yards *Might* be used with the M3 services. Because if they added the M3 it would just be allowing you to play M7 services but with a different train. DTG could at least add a few services to the Long Island City branch.

15. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Adding on... The M3 cab is very small (Being Honest) It is very small because of the components made during the 80s that were used to make the train. Both the M1 & M3 feature the same cabs. In fact all trains from the Metropolitan type cars were built in almost the same fashion. The following cars were built in the same or similar arrangements Most are scrapped with 1 type surviving. The M1, M2, M3, M4/M6 (Triplets) the only train type of the Budd metropolitains series surviving is the M3 Which is why it's so special. The M4 & M6 were very unique being the only EMU's on Metro North Railroad that had 3 car married pair formations instead of the famed 2. This lead to trains being in odd number consists. A number of you New Yorkers might remember these amazing unique trains. I got a chance to operate an M2 & M6 on MN but I did not get to operate the M4. Fun fact the M2 cars were the only cars of the Budd metropolitans I believe that had "Bar Cars" correct me if i'm wrong. really the M3 is a living fossil in terms of the Metropolitans era. But the cabs of the M3 and all of the Budd metropolitans are very comfy, snug and spacious.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Louis-MTA NYCTA

I can't wait to see if DTG fully masterfully recreated the cab of an M3 with the small doors and snug cab.
    I forgot to add on in my previous post. Their is 1 minor/major difference of the M3 to all the rest of the Budd metropolitans. The Budd M3 has horizontal side-sliding cab windows. The Budd M1, M2 & M4/M6 all have standard up/down side sliding cab windows when they were in operation. Pictures are shown below.

Screenshot 2020-04-28 at 10.17.42 PM.png Screenshot 2020-04-28 at 10.17.32 PM.png Screenshot 2020-04-28 at 10.21.07 PM.png

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  17. david18sych

david18sych Member

What I am trying to say is that a locomotive such as DE/DM30AC runs far and doesn't stick with current terminus of Hickville, at best it will be an express service taking the fun of service/scenario.

18. david18sych

david18sych Member

I agree it would be wasted potential for a new DLC to substitute current services that the M7 has like what the Amfleet Cab Car has done to ACS-64 services, besides the M3 can run into that Western end of Sunnyside Yard when done with services or wait at LIC Station on the layover track before departing to Hickville.

19. smash_cze

smash_cze Member

Wow a new DLC coming soon!
    And what about to repair at least some serious bugs on actual DLC DB BR 204?

• Like Like x 2
  20. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

What do you mean?

• Like Like x 2
  21. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Irony - there is no 36th of the month, same as there isn't a confirmed release date

• Like Like x 3
  22. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I'm sure I've run Baby Bullet services with the F40PH and stopping services with the MP36 from the Timetable mode. It's only the Journeys where they force you one way of the other. Presumably, if they're using the M3 as a sub for the M7, it will also come with (hopefully a decent amount) of Scenarios and its own Journey thread, and then you can run whichever service you like with either train in Timetable mode.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  23. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

There’s a mixture of all stop, limited stop and baby bullet services for both train sets but each service has a set train allocated to it.

24. Louis-MTA NYCTA

True. The Baby Bullet for maily for Express services. Though their are a few Baby Bullets that run local. The F40PH-2CAT is primarily for other services such as: Limited or Skip-Stop trains & Local services their are also a few baby bullet services with the F40. However the MP36 does swap services with select F40 services. Overall the MP36 is primarily used for full Express services while the F40 is used for the others. The MP15DC add on brings 11 new services that really are cool. I love the double header it adds.

25. LIRRGuy

Would it be possible.....that the M3 is set up like this, where it replaces select M7 services and also Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening/Night for where u r in the world

26. kiyoko91

kiyoko91 Well-Known Member

This is a beautiful screenshot of the M3 or Metro3.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Thanks it is 1pm (noon) here in NYC GMT-4 EST. Some M3 services replace M7 services in real life, the M3 cars are mainly for extra and rush hour/select trains nowadays. Back in the early 2000s and early 2010s they ran more often. As for TSW 2020 yes DTG could make the M3 replace certain select services. However that would make the train very useless, Meaning you would only be paying for the train and not to drive it. But DTG could let use M3 on all current M7 services & add a few extra services as well. But we don't know *FOR SURE* yet if that will be the case. It's still all mostly speculation. Take a look at all the cars. The M2 (Top). The M1 & M3 (Middle). The M4/M6 Triplets (Bottom). Screenshot 2020-04-29 at 1.00.18 PM.png Screenshot 2020-04-29 at 12.23.12 PM.png Screenshot 2020-04-29 at 12.22.56 PM.png Screenshot 2020-04-29 at 12.45.59 PM.png

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  28. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

wow you know a lot about the train cars.I have seen the m2 only once because of the m8

• Like Like x 2
  29. Louis-MTA NYCTA

My message formatting got messed up. It is fine at least you all can see why the M3 is so special and why it is the only one surviving because of its craftsmanship.

30. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Pay attention to the M4/M6 it has really cool features. I love all of the Budd (Metropolitans) series.

31. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

I hope the horn sounds the same like in real life.

• Like Like x 6
  32. Louis-MTA NYCTA

It's so sad all trains of the Budd metropolitan series have retired except for 1 that is the M3.

33. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

Yeah I never got a chance to ride them

• Like Like x 2
  34. RynoHawk

RynoHawk Member

I was looking through the F-40 and gallery car timetables today and saw you could run some Baby Bullet runs that were ran by MP-36s and bi-levels on their timetables, but could not do it the other way around. Maybe because it’s an add-on and the base Peninsula Corridor timetables with base equipment were not changed?

I could be wrong but thought I noticed that. I didn’t dive into it too deeply.

• Like Like x 1
  35. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Yes thanks for making it simplified. Overall since the MP36 or Baby Bullet is an add on it could have had conflict with the base original timetable. Some of the original F40 services were swapped with the Baby Bullet, However the Baby Bullet can ONLY run on select Baby Bullet services.

That is what I noticed kwmatz.

36. Louis-MTA NYCTA

As we edge closer towards the release date for the M3 I am getting so excited. At this point I love the M3 trains I will most certainly buy it. The M2/M4 DLC over on Train Sim classic was good but it lacked in terms of sound quality at least what I think. I believe this will be the first time DTG releases an M3 to the General TSW and Train Sim classic franchise? Please correct me if i'm wrong.

37. Louis-MTA NYCTA

This comment might be a little late. To somewhat answer your question. The sides look like that because of the original design of the M1 cars. The M1 cars being the first in the series were built to look like a then-modern american commuter coach. The windows choice was a design chosen by Budd which was to make the cars feel more bigger and somewhat open. Fun fact; The Budd M3 is most similar to the R44/R46 fleets from the NYCTA. Also the design that was put in was to make the cars of the Budd series aerodynamically faster & lighter than previous car generations. Even though the trains look very bland and pail. They ushered a new feat in commuter rail here in the NYC region. The insides of the cars are very warm and comfy as well.

38. tlcottone

tlcottone New Member

I lived for many years in Hempstead. The speed limits are true. From Country Life Press to Garden City, the speed is only 15mph and the signals you stated are due to going from 2 tracks to a single track.

• Like Like x 1
  39. tlcottone

tlcottone New Member

I really would like to see them expand the Pt Washington branch. Operating a train from Penn to Woodside was a dumb idea.
    Also expand either the Oyster Bay or Pt Jefferson branches and give us more Hunterspoint schedules

• Like Like x 1
  40. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

I gotta question if u familiar does that track that continue after Garden City(while Henpstead service curves away) travel way out to the back of Nassau Community College??..I know it seems off topic but I jus wanna know and yes that speed is DEF true from CLP to Garden City and vice versa

41. MrbKlegend89

Yea that Penn-Woodside is terrible and it doesnt operate 6 cars in real life-___- it's usually 8 to
    12cars

• Like Like x 1
  42. tlcottone

tlcottone New Member

There was a train yard by Nassau Coliseum. Whenever Barnum & Bailey came to town they used it. Otherwise it's used for freight

• Like Like x 1
  43. MrbKlegend89

Ahhh figures, thanks on that info

44. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Oh I remember that old track that leads there. So sad those tracks will never see a Barnum & Bailey train again. I remember seeing the ad on tv stating the last show at Nassau Coliseum IT'S LIVE SO GET YOUR TICKETS NOW!!!. That was a quote they used to say on commercials. I miss that circus.

• Like Like x 2
  45. tlcottone

tlcottone New Member

So will us console players ever get some sort of editor? I would like one that could create custom timetables

46. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Not sure it's really relevant to this thread, but the simple answer is probably no. They said they wanted the editor to be an "all or nothing" affair, so it'll be based on the UE4 editor, which doesn't exist for consoles.

47. Louis-MTA NYCTA

I can't wait to see how they implement the dead man's switch with the throttle/brake lever seen on the older trains with the famous Budd lever. I want to see because if it works on TS classic with the M2/M4 (another similar fleet), I want to see it in action on TSW 2020. I have used these old school levers they are *pretty delayed when it comes to operation*. Keep that in mind this might be a new feature on TSW LIRR M3. I operated an R32 which uses the same if not the similar old throttle/brake lever, When you switch from notch 1 to notch 2 or any power level there is about a 1.5 second delay before you get the throttle reaction.

Last edited: May 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  48. Anthony Pecoraro

What about going to notch 1?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  49. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

It's weird how someone who operates the's train's are playing them in a game.I guess you have to skip the tutorial

• Like Like x 3
  50. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Screenshot 2020-05-01 at 7.45.59 AM.png
    This is how it looks. When decreasing there should be no delay but sometimes levers are faulty and don't seem to work after years of use.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1