Drag Line Scenario, Red Signal Problem When Reversing On Final Part

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TrainSan, Mar 24, 2020.

1. TrainSan

TrainSan New Member

Hi, I'm reversing on the Drag Line scenario and the red signal won't budge. I've seen that you need to or can request permission when holding left and contacting the signaller but I'm getting nothing there. No permission or instruction.

I've seen elsewhere that the switches need to be moved but they don't seem to be relevant to the track I'm on.

Anyone able to help this noob out? Can give more details if required

2. thewarrior

thewarrior New Member

I have the exact same issue. At the very end when starting reversing the second light keep staying red. I’ve watched multiple youtube videos, it should turn yellow...

3. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Restart the scenerio and make sure u do each step throughly, sometimes if u jump the gun so to speak, the game doesnt recognise it

4. Mark Moreton

Mark Moreton Active Member

I have exactly the same issue. Restarted several times but always get stuck at that red signal on the reverse. Renders the Scenario achievement unobtainable.

5. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

Did you try waiting it out? Sometimes red lights may be there for 5+ minutes. That's the way I completed the scenario.

6. baz66501

baz66501 New Member

From memory the scenario should take 75 mins. Can’t remember what time the scenario starts but the signal at OAC doesn’t change until around 70mins after the start time. The prompts tell you to wait until xxx time, then you have to reverse in to the shed. Hope this helps.

7. johnmcl7

johnmcl7 New Member

Has anyone figured out how to get past this red light? I've waited until 10:15 and reversed the train in slowly past the yellow light but even after waiting half an hour the red light doesn't change. The instruction is to stop at location - train maintenance shed so I can't see what I'm doing wrong, I checked the points but there's none I can change up to this point and I've tried the scenario from scratch a couple of times with the same result. I tried contacting the signaller but there's no response, I even tried firing up the HST and contacting the signaller but it's still a fail for passing the red light.

8. bgctbay

bgctbay New Member

Im having the same issue when backing up into the train shed after the 10:15 Mark. Signal 139 is still red and won’t let me pass. I tried contacting the signaler multiple times. And nothing happens. So far I’ve waited to like 10:40 and saw one train pass but still not sure what to do

9. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

It did this after I saved the game the other day. So I played through it the beginning of this week with out saving and managed to finish it. This was the PS4 version though.

10. bgctbay

bgctbay New Member

I made the mistake of saving. I’ll try doing it without saving

11. johnmcl7

johnmcl7 New Member

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried it again without saving on PC and it worked this time without issue.

12. Ben57

Ben57 New Member

I just had a red light pop up out of nowhere 3.5 miles out after playing for over an hour and it's failed the mission. This has happened before on the West Somerset Line. Really wanted to enjoy this game but I've had to uninstall it. It needs a decent instruction resource, an autosave facility and the bugs taking out. Spent quite a lot of money so very disappointed.

• Like Like x 1
  13. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

So what route was this on, what was the service?
    Were you using PC, PS4 or Xbox One? (failed to see it was Xbox, sorry) You also mention of spending quite alot of money on the game but you go and uninstall it? WHY?
    You can download and save as pdf files manuals for most of the dlc. "google search will help".

Personally the only problem i tend to get with TSW is after I have saved it or when I resume from a saved game, a few days later.

Now I dont tend to save unless its absolutely essential.
    I use a PS4 pro (2 of them), One for streaming and one for general use. I have had the same problem on both of them before.

Hentis

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  14. JModulo

JModulo New Member

I've just played the above mentioned scenario and had no issues. Clear road after 1015.

15. bgctbay

bgctbay New Member

Yes thank you. Did this on the Xbox. Yeah u have to go through it without saving. Very weird

16. Mark Moreton

Mark Moreton Active Member

Worked for me without saving now too. Also had the same issue on Minehead Shunter 2, seems related to saving.

17. Huntsman

Huntsman New Member

Hello just in case your still having issues with this one
    Play drag line all the way through and don’t save the game,I completed this,this am only thing I did different is not try to use a save then play forward if you use a save that light will stay red this one must be played all the way through
    Hope this helps

18. david-bright184169

david-bright184169 Active Member

I have saved several runs in scenario planner and every time I come back somewhere I get a red that won't change
    even when there are no AI trains in the scenario, when not saved I can go right through
    What sort of a cockeyed game save is this?

19. stevenwalker1985

stevenwalker1985 Well-Known Member

When i did that 1. I was to early, had to wait 15 mins to reverse into shed.

20. Huntsman

Huntsman New Member

you have to play right through don’t use saves

21. coffeeguy66

coffeeguy66 New Member

Ohh bugger, I've saved a few times on this one and cannot get past the red light, must be a bug ! Also, if you go a centimetre past the red lights it says you have run a red signal and fails you !

22. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Folks this one isn't likely a save game issue.

The problem is that you're not pulling far enough forwards. In the instances our QA team had problems that sounded like this - unable to reverse back in to the depot due to red light - I found they hadn't pulled ALL the way forward to the green section of the stop marker, this meant that the actual intended path the train was supposed to take was covered by their train and the point couldn't change.

In current and future routes, we have stopped using the marker-stop now if we specifically need you to be at a certain place.

Every time you're asked to stop, pull up as close to the end of the green part of the track marker with a distance close to 0, that will ensure you're good for any reversing movements.

As I say, in future we're just going to use the simple blue marker so it won't complete until you're full over it but use the above info to complete prior content.

Hope this helps.
    Matt.