PC Rare Track And Station Stops

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Steve 31, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Steve 31

Steve 31 Member

Hi,
    I was just interested to know if anyone has done any of the following on TSW:

Tees Valley:
    Had a service stop at Cargofleet or Grangetown
    Used the Middlesborough avoiding lines

Trans Pennine:
    Used platform 3 at Marsden or that line to be looped

I've nearly completed all the services on Trans Pennine and have never used that track. It would have made sense for the Marsden starting/terminating locals to use it but they don't.
    On Tees Valley I have probably only done about a third of the class 101 services but so far no Cargofleet or Grangetown stops. They were open at that time and there are some unlucky passengers waiting! Also it would have been nice if some of the freight used the Middlesborough avoiding lines but they have all been sent through the station so far.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

One of the scenarios on TVL uses the avoiding lines. Tubeliner I think.

I do agree though. More use of loops etc would make things more interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

I stopped at Grangetown and Cargo Fleet once, but nobody got on or off. There's always somebody waiting though. Some of the coal trains come from and return to the Stockton line. I think the 0720 from Tees Yard to Redcar is one. When you get back to Tees Yard, it will tell you to leave. Ignore it, wait for the signal to change and enjoy a bit of forbidden mileage until you hit the invisible wall.

4. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

Yes, I've done that. When I got kicked out it didn't return me to the main menu though. It let me fly around like I was...well...a fly.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tonto62

I've never had that happen yet. Last time I bailed out before reaching the event horizon.

6. Steve 31

Steve 31 Member

Thanks for all the replies. I'll try these workings when I get the chance!

7. Steve 31

Steve 31 Member

I did a round trip from Tees Yard to Redcar today and decided to stay on the return after arriving back at Tees Yard. It allowed me to drive it and this one turned left at Eaglescliffe towards Northallerton. You don't get far before the run ends for reaching the scenery limit but may be of interest to some! It was 6M20 Redcar - Thoresby.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tonto62

It's worth it to blast through Eaglescliffe at 50mph. ;)