PC Pc Only Derail Valley Vr Upgrade And Rebranding

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Sunscreen, May 2, 2020.

1. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

This looks like its seeing ongoing development and moving towards a more serious simulation. The trailer below looks interesting showing a lot of the features I see people asking for on these forums. Sharing for information only and as a gentle nudge to DTG ;)

• Like Like x 5
  2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Wow it's looks like they seriously did a real major overhaul of the game it truely looks far better than it did before.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Yeah that's what I was thinking.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Michael Newbury

I may seriously consider getting this even though I do not have VR equipment, I know the game is playable without so when the time comes and I have money to spend again.

5. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

I think it might still be in early access Michael. If not then theres periodic discounts I think. The update isn't until later this month anyway. Once it lands I'll reinstall and let you know my thoughts.

6. Michael Newbury

I could by right now anyways, money for me is very hard to come by right now. This turned out to be my worst year so far and sure if or when it will ever return to normal. Still would like to hear your thoughts on the game once it is out.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

Yeah, before the developers announced this update they were updating the game regularly. Due to the major changes in this update they decided to stop releasing regular small updates until after this major update has been released.
    Yes, the non-VR version very playable and has the same features. Personally, I dislike VR anyway as it makes me feel nauseous.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Michael Newbury

For me it is just the cost of the VR equipment it is not cheap and I am struggling to make ends meet as it is right now.

9. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

Putting money into this game to play it without VR is kind of pointless, there are far better titles to get your Train fix than this as a non VR title in my opinion one of them been TSW or diesel railcar simulator. One can spin it however they wish but the 2d presentation was not what this game was really designed around its gameplay systems are all VR centric. To each there own i guess but if you want to play VR games in traditional 2d your kind of missing the point. As someone who is fortunate enough to own VR id suggest perhaps waiting until you can enjoy it as intended. Outside of VR the whole thing for me anyway, breaks down into a very GAMEY Game :P but then if all you want is a free roam muck about then I guess I cant understand the appeal.

10. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

If only both Derail and TSW could have VR support (hopefully PSVR as well).

11. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Derail has been built from the ground up for VR. It would be nice to see it in TSW eventually but I think they are distinctive products with slightly different audiences. That said Skyrim VR is amazing so it does show what is possible.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Michael Newbury

I have seen their first 2 dev stream and things really look impressive I am really impressed with the changes they have made to the game in both non-vr and vr.