Tsw: Marvelous Metropolitans!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Apr 24, 2020.

1. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

This is wrong in so many ways.

Praising the game as being perfect is just as useless as criticising the game for being useless.

The most useful thing to leave for the developers is constructive criticism. This means leave what you do and don't like about the games, as well as what you think can improve the game.

From what I can see, this already happens to the people that want the game to improve, however, its clear for whatever reason, there is no active community manager moderating or replying on these forums. This has been an ongoing situation for quite a few months now.

I know Dmitri is leaving/left so it may be a case of there not being a community manager to reply to comments posted on these forums.

• Like Like x 7
  2. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Hating TSW for the many bugs or having constructive criticism is perfectly fine but insulting Matt or others from the staff is a big no...

• Like Like x 5
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Dmitri said himself in a stream that there is too much work for one person as community manager. His role will have been to promote the game through social media etc, provide updates on the forum, and collect and organise feedback from sources like social media comments and the forum, as well as setting up the live streams etc. With all that to do there really wouldn’t be time to reply to comments and post on the forum, and he’s always been upfront and honest when has had the need to comment here. He also said that, as well as replacing him, there is a new community role being created at the company. This is to build on what he and others have done and improve relationships with the community.

What any community manager can do without though is constant repetition of the same single issue by the same people, general non-constructive criticism and a toxic atmosphere across all social platforms. That is of course part and parcel of the job but good criticism that can be helpful to progress both the game and the relationship between the company and the players can get lost amongst the noise and easily be missed.

One person has posted 53 times in this thread alone. That’s a lot of noise and isn’t helpful.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

All in all DTG and it's passionate members need to fix issues that they have had since day one. I'm personally tired of getting routes that are somewhat half-complete. Also prices need a workabout the prices are too expensive (to a certain extent). Don't even get me started about the Canadian National fiasco. As a person who has loved trains for 15-20 years I think DTG needs overhaul some of their routes and change the prices. Some route/trains are way overpriced for what you get. Then their are some that are truly amazing and deserve their price. I hope the M3 will be one which is worth the price and delivers hours of good solid content. I hope Matt is working on the LIRR services because the services seem like some were downright copied and pasted within the timetable. Now yes copying and pasting is fine but overdoing it gets very repetitive.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Louis-MTA NYCTA

So your talking about me?. This is why there is a forums to have discussions with the local community. This specific thread was for the LIRR M3 some people enjoy this content like me who lives and works on this very train/transit system. If I want to talk about this train then I will but saying "I'm not helpful" and "I'm making a lot of noise" is just downright rude. Again THINK BEFORE YOU POST 2nd time this has occurred. Yes I did count my post's I know I have posted as of this time 54 but again I like this content, I can post as many times as I want on this thread and any thread in general. I don't or try to directly criticize people but I feel like you (stujoy) are. This has to stop now. Look below for proof 33+20=53 roughy accounts for me. Yes I did post another post which is why is says 34+20=54.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  6. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Otherwise please keep comments like that to yourself. Now let's get back to the discussion this thread was for the LIRR M3 please.

• Like Like x 1
  7. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

Yea these short routes and all are tired big time like even some of these German routes like cmon I even seen some ppl wishing the RSN and the RRO wouldve combine into one through Hagen(is that how you spell it)??who knows again what is to come for this game in the near future but these short route DLCs are terrible....and I'm surprised theres complaints on the CN dlc

8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Yes, I was using it as an example for my point. I wouldn’t have if your initial positive reaction to an M3 release hadn’t quickly descended into the type of thing I was talking about, repeatedly being rude about Matt and DTG and criticising a DLC that hasn’t even been released yet. That is the unhelpful noise I was talking about, with regards to DTG getting feedback for their content. Your personal insights into the real life M3 and LIRR are useful, interesting and welcome, as is constructive criticism, which I’m sure there will be plenty of once the DLC is released.

You’re not the first person to get upset on this forum and you won’t be the last, but I don’t feel I was being rude to you, nor did I mean to be, just stating my opinion that 53 posts is a little excessive, which it is, and I am free to do so as a (valued?) member of the community here. Anyway, this is slightly off topic noise, so...

...let’s see if we can beat the record of 11 pages of moaning before the DLC we’re moaning about is actually released. Come on folks, you can do it!

• Like Like x 1
  9. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

I feel the same thing lol he talks so much like it’s his blog about the M3

10. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

Guy's this is no time to fight so what if someone post's a lot I do it to. This is why there are forums for the game.Also I posted a lot on this article because I can & we can do anything we want except for bullying the staff members or other people.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Louis-MTA NYCTA

I am allowed to say what I think. This is free speech. If I was being rude I would have been accusing cursing or downright causing chaos (Of which I have not) anyone here for any various purpose. Like I said above I have my rights, I can say what I think about DTG (opinion wise). But I do agree about the useless noise I was creating. I have evaluated the post(s) and will put an end to that.

However at least your letting me know about my posts and I do appreciate that. Yes I do post a lot but who cares. I'm a very active member and love trains like all of you I presume, and will provide feedback as much as I can to help improve this. Now stujoy let's just forget about this incident and move on. There are other more better things to talk about than rambling about like this.

I also do agree let's see how much pages we can get up to, Shall we lads.

• Like Like x 6
  12. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Louis-MTA NYCTA I agree, let’s not fall out. I’ll reign in my current bombastic approach to posting about other people’s posting habits.

• Like Like x 5
  13. danman425

danman425 New Member

It seems that DTG announces a new DLC as “coming soon” about two weeks before it’s released. Given that, do you think we’ll have the M3 by this Friday?

• Like Like x 1
  14. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

I'm gon guess it may be released next tuesday or thursday(next week) idk.just a guess

• Like Like x 1
  15. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

My guess it is going to be at least a couple of weeks before it's released looking more like May 21 possibly.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Wait, what ? When was this announced ?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Michael Newbury

Dmitri made the announcement on Apr 16 go to the Off Topic and look at Moving On. His last day is May 8th.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Ah thanks...I never go to that off topic section which explains why I missed it :(

• Like Like x 2
  19. danman425

danman425 New Member

That’s a lot longer than usual... what makes you guess that?

• Like Like x 1
  20. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Personally, I'm stll guessing May 14th. That's around couple weeks since he said that and makes sense if the wanted to announce it last Thursday instead

Last edited: May 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  21. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

The only hint about the release date is the update for the new DLC then a couple ou days later it’s out

• Like Like x 1
  22. Michael Newbury

Just a feeling I have since there has been nothing announced as of yet. I would shocked if it releases on the 14th as raildan hopes.

• Like Like x 1
  23. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

Given the way this appears to be leaked accidentally and then announced with no dates, have you considered that it may not be ready for a few weeks or even a couple of months? While the model may look complete it may still need scripting and other under the hood stuff.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Michael Newbury

Yeah I myself thought it was a strange place for him to post it there, it's definitely sad he will missed after he is gone he was a great CM.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Based on previous releases and scheduling, I would estimate the possible release date(s) to be on the 12th or 14th (Which is next week).

• Like Like x 1
  26. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say months because based upon previous time lines, the DLCs would usually take 2-4 weeks on average. However notably dovetail games have released stuff randomly on random days. You prediction is pretty accurate ultimately because this was accidently leaked and honestly this should take 2 weeks to a about a month to finish.

• Like Like x 3
  27. Louis-MTA NYCTA

I agree but I'm still leaning towards next week. The pictures over on Dovetail Live indicate an unfinished model. About 2 weeks later I guess they are nearing the end of the LIRR M3 modeling/project. Therefore edging towards release date.

• Like Like x 2
  28. Louis-MTA NYCTA

So far today I have not seen an update to TSW. Usually a day before DTG releases any content to TSW they usually update the game to feature the content. As of now still no updates=not releasing yet.

• Like Like x 2
  29. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

the M3 is playable, people I know have already gotten achievements for it (obviously theyre testers before someone assumes something more iffy)

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  30. Delta_Who

Delta_Who Well-Known Member

I get positive re-enforcement... but I don't need achievements for my 10-20 locomotives for completing a tutorial. Pretty much classifies as spam at this point.

• Like Like x 2
  31. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

Well dmitri's gone guys

• Like Like x 1
  32. Michael Newbury

Not quite he is around tomorrow he hinted that he may watch tomorrows stream.

• Like Like x 1
  33. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

I would give you an achievement but it will probably bug out.

• Like Like x 2
  34. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Ha I get it HAHA. I don't know if this was a pun but HAHA.

• Like Like x 3
  35. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

Has there been any new information we know about this release? Its a bit odd that DTG announced this almost 2 weeks ago, and we haven't gotten any confirmed release date or anything else. One would've at least expected another live article with some new screenshots or something? At least a small teaser?
    I don't recall DTG ever being this quiet about upcoming DLC.
    I hope I'm wrong and we actually do get something in these upcoming days!

• Like Like x 1
  36. GMB248

GMB248 New Member

As stated beforehand, the news about the upcoming DLC seemed to have been released sooner than expected. Being that there's no new information on it, it would likely be a while till the release. Now my best guess would be either next week or the week after.

• Like Like x 2
  37. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The release details are usually posted on a Thursday, so come back tomorrow.

• Like Like x 4
  38. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

Ahh I see, thank you for the clarification! Here's to hoping DTG takes the time to iron out any issues and make this release the best it can be. The M3's would be a blast to drive

• Like Like x 3
  39. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

Most definitely. The M3's will be awesome to operate in TSW.

• Like Like x 4
  40. Louis-MTA NYCTA

I always love these trains. I would love to see how they implement the classical Budd power lever and see if they captured the delay in power modes. I also hope we can control the entire train, Like the HVAC systems, lights... After all were paying $20 for this so we should be able to fully control the train. Overall i'm pretty sure DTG will do an amazing job with this train but only time will tell.

• Like Like x 2
  41. danman425

danman425 New Member

You can toggle the HVAC and interior lights with the M7 on PC so it should be possible with the M3.

• Like Like x 1
  42. Louis-MTA NYCTA

However that may be true for PC. I heard reports for that function on consoles does not work. So the M7 does not fully function across all platforms. But I hope the M3 does function across all platforms. That is what I meant (Console wise)

• Like Like x 1
  43. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Yeh, for some reason they announced the M3 earlier than they normally would (IIRC Dmitri mentioned it in passing on a stream)

• Like Like x 3
  44. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

There was an oopsie when it was accidentally left on screen in a DTG diary vid. So basically the early announcement was because of that. I suspect if that hadn't happened first announcement would have been when the release date was confirmed and the usual 2 weeks of marketing hype starts.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  45. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

I for one really enjoy your posts. I find them very informative. It is great to have someone like you as an actual operator giving us tips and information. I appreciate the information you have provided. I was already hyped about the M3 but your post made me even more hyped. I can't wait!

• Like Like x 1
  46. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

It would be awesome if we get a pre-release stream this week.

• Like Like x 2
  47. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Thank you do appreciate it. I try my best to be accurate but hey we are humans we make mistakes. Otherwise hope you all have a great day.
    As for the LIRR M3 still no info regarding it. It's very unusual for DTG to be this quiet. I know it was announced early but still no new news after 2 weeks since official confirmation. I guess this means DTG are really working very hard on LIRR M3 and I'm proud of that.

• Like Like x 3
  48. jjq400

jjq400 New Member

49. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Why ?

50. jerome9987

jerome9987 New Member

Good point them talking about console limitations is defiantly incorrect look at 100GB+ Games like Red Dead Redemption 2 & Morden Warface they run fine on consoles[/QUOTE]

Last edited: May 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 1